Vinny Testaverde

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]I have not really been specially intrested in Vinny Testaverde until I found out that he will continue play in the NFL this season too, and he wants to play for the Patriots(!) I just say wow. He will turn 44 this year and it seems like he will never retire.

How can he still be in this league, he have never been very great in many years his best seasons were for the Ravens 96 and te jets 98 adn taht was many years ago. His not a Brett Favre so why is he still in the league? Can´t understand that[/align]

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's satisfied being a backup QB. Some guys can't stomach being that when they have been a starter in the NFL. He was never "great", but was able to keep his mistakes to a minimum when it counted.
So if someone is willing to hand him a paycheck every week, why not stick around as long as he can?
I think George Blanda played till he was 46. Maybe he's going for that record.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he wants to go to the Patriots so he can sit back and get a ring without doing much work. Haha!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he wants to go to the Patriots so he can sit back and get a ring without doing much work. Haha!
SHHH!!!! Don't say that!!!! The entire Viking team will try to sign onto the Patriots to be "bench warmers"!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's satisfied being a backup QB. Some guys can't stomach being that when they have been a starter in the NFL. He was never "great", but was able to keep his mistakes to a minimum when it counted.
So if someone is willing to hand him a paycheck every week, why not stick around as long as he can?
I think George Blanda played till he was 46. Maybe he's going for that record.

If I'm not mistaken, Blanda played as a kicker until he was 48, but stayed on as a kicker even longer. I'll have to look that up though.

As for Vinny, I hope he plays for years. I love the fact that there are people in the NFL older than I am.

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Cassel must be enjoying his time there - with Brady and Vinny to mentor him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Cassel must be enjoying his time there - with Brady and Vinny to mentor him.
Hey! They should sign Shawn King then too!
Then they would have the King and his Cassel!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

OP
OP
L

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]Is not Vinny belonging to the dying generation of QB, by the way like, he and Favre? I mean mosly these days are there many who also can scambles and thats more usual then pocket QB´s. [/align]

Latest posts