Vince Young on the Vikings???

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
So Vince Young was cut by the Titans today (smart move)

Where do you think he ends up?

I think there is a solid chance he goes to Minnesota or San Fran.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Nah I was thinking the Vikes may be interested in Orton. Good ole neckbeard, could be a viking.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young is done in the league. He just needs to move on and hold on to the glory days of Texas and winning the National Title... (stupid Reggie Bush)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings QBs since Favre entered the league:

-Warren Moon
-Randall Cunningham
-Spergyn Wynn
-Daunte Culpepper
-Tarvarris Jackson

I think you may be onto something here with Vince Young, but my money would first be on Donovan McNabb. He'd still fit the profile there.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

-Warren Moon
-Randall Cunningham
-Spergyn Wynn
-Daunte Culpepper
-Tarvarris Jackson

I think you may be onto something here with Vince Young, but my money would first be on Donovan McNabb. He'd still fit the profile there.
What about Alex Smith? He's young, and he certainly fits the profile of the team that has developed. He's not a terrible passer, he just needs to build some confidence. With AP and the set of receivers they have, it's a good place for him to do that. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that he's leaving SF and doesn't want to go back.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, young would be a fool to go to the vikes, his career will be over so fast. Our D will kill his spirits, the lions D will kill his spirits and bears D will kill his spirits. If he was to rebuild his career I wouldn't come to the NFC north, I'll go to like NFC west or something. Just my opinion.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Spergon Wynn... he was mercilessly screamed at from the stands just behind the sidelines by despondent Viking fans after he stepped in for Culpepper and Bouman. You can imagine the names they called him with a name like Spergon Wynn. He was traded around the NFL and CFL during his career. He was actually chosen ahead of Tom Brady. lol He was an awful backup, even by CFL standards.

You need to add Jeff George, Brad Johnson and Todd Bouman to that list.

As for McNabb, I wouldn't doubt he is a Viking next season. The Vikings will bring him in to mentor a high round draft pick and Joe Webb... not that it will do any good.

~Val

-Warren Moon
-Randall Cunningham
-Spergyn Wynn
-Daunte Culpepper
-Tarvarris Jackson

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Young will be a backup somewhere, but he definitely won't be a starter. I think the same will be said of Alex Smith. Get a fresh start, get some time to develop and maybe be able to be a starter again.

For Minnesota, I think the smart thing to do would be to bring in McNabb for two or three years, keep Webb as #2 and draft a guy to be developed as a #3. The team is going to be resigned to mediocrity for the next couple years anyway, since there are a TON of vets who won't be able to be re-signed, so you might as well re-build it the right way.

That said, I would LOVE VY to go to Minny. The guy has NO work ethic and just isn't that good. What more could you ask for from the QB of one of your division rivals?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All vince young did was win as a starter. Not pretty numbers but he put up Ws. I would take a shot on him if I was AZ or SF.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Vince Young is an overpriced version of T. Jackson. Why would the Vikings even consider him? Since Ramsey is on contract for two years I can see them trying to draft a QB and develop Webb and whoever with Ramsey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts