Vince Lombardi crazy quotes

Malachy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi!

Swedish football fan here, dunno if this is the right forum for this but I'll give it a go.

I have a boss that keeps quoting Vince Lombardi in meetings, presentations, even at my coffee break. I know you guys think that's is admirable but I'm slowly getting fed up.. do you guys know of any crazy/quirky outright mental qutoes from Lombardi that is not in the team-building/inspiration category? I'd love to get one up on my boss. Many thanks in advance!

Malachy.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Uhhh

"Shut up Marie!"

LOL Thanks kind of appropriate too.

As far as silly/crazy quotes. Lombardi didn't have a silly/crazy bone in his body. He was very serious about his profession. Maybe too much that he didn't take enough care with his own health.

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my personal favorite:
What the Hell is going out there!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag"]YouTube - Vince Lombardi What the Hell's Going on?[/ame]

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite came during the 1965 season, when a rookie celebrated a bit too much in the end zone after scoring a touchdown. As he jogged to the sidelines, hoping to get praise from the old man, Lombardi just said-

"For Christ sake, act like you've been there before..."

Can you imagine what he would do with some of these players today??

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
My favorite came during the 1965 season, when a rookie celebrated a bit too much in the end zone after scoring a touchdown. As he jogged to the sidelines, hoping to get praise from the old man, Lombardi just said-

Hmm, I could have sworn that quote was from a Kansas City Chief's Coach. Maybe he got it from Lombardi. Dunno

Reaction score
Hmm, I could have sworn that quote was from a Kansas City Chief's Coach. Maybe he got it from Lombardi. Dunno

I think it was Lombardi who created that quote, although I have read that other coaches including Tom Landry and Paul "Bear" Bryant also referenced it.

Regardless, ALL THREE would have to be spinning in their graves if they knew of all the ridiculous end zone celebrations that occur about 99.9% of the time following a TD. And NO, I can't even imagine what he would do if he were on the sidelines now-a-days.

But, I would like to think that Vince may condone the "Lambeau Leap." Uhhhh.....not a chance! vbg.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi!

Swedish football fan here, dunno if this is the right forum for this but I'll give it a go.

I have a boss that keeps quoting Vince Lombardi in meetings, presentations, even at my coffee break. I know you guys think that's is admirable but I'm slowly getting fed up.. do you guys know of any crazy/quirky outright mental qutoes from Lombardi that is not in the team-building/inspiration category? I'd love to get one up on my boss. Many thanks in advance!

Malachy.

If your boss is a Packer fan & a Lombardi fan, here is a quote from one of greatest players. "Packer fans are nuts, man....Ray Nitschke (#66) --from a website called "great-quotes"

But tread lightly or you may hear this quote..."If you aren't fired with enthusiasm. you will be fired with enthusiasm."-V. Lombardi

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

After months of exhaustive research (OK, 20 minutes), the best source of the phrase "When you get to the end zone, act like you been there before"----Darrell K Royal, Head coach, University of Texas (1957-1976)

http://www.hornfans.com/php/includes/random_quotes.php?showAllQuotes=1

Damn, now I just found that the same quote is attributed to Bear Bryant. Neither source gives a date....so I have no idea who said it first. IT may be Bryant. I had to go through a lot of his quotes and he said a lot of stuff that made him sound like Lombardi. Bart Starr played for Bryant and got to Green Bay before Lombardi, so maybe Lombardi got it from Starr.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts