Vince Lombardi: A Football Life

Reaction score
Chicocheese, I missed it, too. I have DISH and when I checked on the NFL Network last evening, it is scheduled to be airing again at 9:00 pm, est. (Part I) with Part 2 to follow at 10:00 pm, est. on Thursday, Jan. 2. At least that is what my programming guide listed via DISH, so I set my DVR. I'm looking forward to seeing it and I hope you will get the opportunity as well.

I didn't get as far as the 2nd of January, so I will check that out on my Comcast guide! Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Chicocheese, I've noticed that although I had my DVR set for Part 1 & 2 to air at 9:00 & 10:00 pm est. on Jan. 2nd, as per the program guide which I mentioned above, the programming schedule has now changed and reset my DVR to air at 4:00 & 5:00 pm est. TODAY instead for the two part showings :confused: "According" to the upcoming guide, Parts 1 & 2 are supposed to air for the last time at 5:30 & 6:30 pm est. on Jan. 4th.

If you had already set your DVR, too, then I would assume it would automatically reset to those times as mine did. Anyway, I just thought I would give you a heads up, man! Happy New Year!:)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally watched and recorded it all this morning. I agree that the main 1hr programs were mostly things that I had seen in previous shows. In fact, when it first started I thought that this was something that I already had recorded years ago. Parts 1 & 2 of the 1/2hr "Backstory" episodes were interviews with Starr, Kramer, Davis, Lombardi's son, and Steve Mariucci. I'm not sure that there was anything new in all of this, except I gained a greater sense of how left out his son Vincent felt. You can tell that there is still a lot of pain there because he had a HOF coach for a dad, but never really a dad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I never knew-- Lionel Aldridge ask permission from Vince to marry a white lady...He didnt want to be blackballed

There was another black player in that time, that married a white lady..That player never played for the NFL again because they blackballed him, according to Mrs Aldridge

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched part 1 and 2. A great documentary and quite a story. It's amazing when life brings along real people who are so exceptional they almost seems like fiction. It almost made me want to be a Packers fan. But not quite. :)

Have they done one on Bill Walsh yet?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched part 1 and 2. A great documentary and quite a story. It's amazing when life brings along real people who are so exceptional they almost seems like fiction. It almost made me want to be a Packers fan. But not quite. :)

I dunno.
Wikipedia lists them.
Check over there.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone knowing of how to see this online since I no longer have the nfl channel..please pm me!

Don't whatever you do post any links... I've found a page about 5 older ones, but not the new ones

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

That would be a good one as well

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I missed it and forgot to record it. I checked the broadcast schedule on my Comcast TV guide, and in a week or so NFL Network is doing a Football Life marathon... sadly none of those are Lombardi.

I believe it comes on again tonight. They should be showing parts 1 and 2 back to back.

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that there was anything new in all of this, except I gained a greater sense of how left out his son Vincent felt. You can tell that there is still a lot of pain there because he had a HOF coach for a dad, but never really a dad.
This.

He missed out on a lot, for sure. The kind of success his dad had, definitely had to come with a price.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally watched and recorded it all this morning. I agree that the main 1hr programs were mostly things that I had seen in previous shows. In fact, when it first started I thought that this was something that I already had recorded years ago. Parts 1 & 2 of the 1/2hr "Backstory" episodes were interviews with Starr, Kramer, Davis, Lombardi's son, and Steve Mariucci. I'm not sure that there was anything new in all of this, except I gained a greater sense of how left out his son Vincent felt. You can tell that there is still a lot of pain there because he had a HOF coach for a dad, but never really a dad.
Did anybody else notice the way his son blinked? It's like he was squinting or would tighten his eyes when he blinked sometimes.
What was up with that?

H

HardRightEdge

In tribute, I was walking around the house today in a white T-shirt and sweat pants pulled up above my navel.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched it and loved it.

We didn't watch it until tonight. After the game my wife wanted to watch 24. I said, "Not until we have a Packers pick me up." We watched both parts. I could almost hear the, "Grab, grab, grab!" during that last drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts