Vikings

Strigs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on another site and one crazed Vikes fan said, "...Ya, we could easily win 11-12 games..." Wow,when did their egos blow up? Apparently they think JDB or TJack is gonna step up, but Tjack never showed he has the leadership skills, nonetheless, quarterback skills. JDB is a scrub 4th rounder, really can he do that much damage?

Discuss, because clearly I am lost.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fans will be fans.

we have packer fans that predict 16-0...every year. (Obi1)

i just hope Tavaris keeps sucking. it's really hard to be competitive without a decent QB. thats pretty much the NFL law.

OP
OP
S

Strigs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fans will be fans.

i just hope Tavaris keeps sucking. it's really hard to be competitive without a decent QB. thats pretty much the NFL law.

LOL! 16-0 is pretty hopeful, and very possibly impossible. And Tjack keep on sucking! :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fans will be fans.

I guess that makes the Bears "law breakers" 2 years ago! :lol:
They made it to the SB DESPITE their QB "Wrecks".

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do have a lot of talent on that team. They are the closest in our division to being at our level and could be NFC North champ contenders. Their big problem is their QB position and that's where our question mark is. If AR turns out to be a dud instead of a stud and TJ figures out how to be a QB then who knows.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
fans will be fans.

yeah there are always exceptions...Dilfer, Williams, Eli Manning ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
arrowgargantuan said:
fans will be fans.

True....how VERY true.
It's sad that Dilfer has as many super bowl rings as Brett Favre.
It just doesn't seem right.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
cheesey said:
arrowgargantuan said:
fans will be fans.

True....how VERY true.
It's sad that Dilfer has as many super bowl rings as Brett Favre.
It just doesn't seem right.

yeah but Dilfer's probably has a disclaimer on it. (something like "You know you don't deserve this.") lol

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do have a lot of talent on that team. They are the closest in our division to being at our level and could be NFC North champ contenders. Their big problem is their QB position and that's where our question mark is. If AR turns out to be a dud instead of a stud and TJ figures out how to be a QB then who knows.

They have questions at WR as well as QB. If everything breaks right for them, they could be good, so I can't blame their fans for being optimistic. But I see them as more likely to be an 8-9 win team.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

They have questions at WR as well as QB. If everything breaks right for them, they could be good, so I can't blame their fans for being optimistic. But I see them as more likely to be an 8-9 win team.

That's true. WR at this point are a ? and seem usless to the Vikes unless TJ gets his act together.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every fan, regardless of their team, is poised to take the division crown in May. If they aren't, well, then they are not very good fans, now are they. ;)

As a Vikings fan, I think 11 or 12 wins is possible but improbable. I think 9 or 10 wins is more likely.

I also think that the Vikings will be challenging the Pack for the NFC north title. The Vikings have talent at every position, with QB being the only question mark. I disagree with the WRs being a question, I think Berrian and Rice will do very well on the outside, and Wade is a great slot. The big unknown is QB.

The Pack, on the other hand, are very similar ot the Vikes. Rodgers is also a question mark, although I think the smart bet would be that he does better than TJack this year. But the Vikings have the edge in defense and running gmae, and so it makes the two teams very much equal IMHO.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don Shula once said, "Luck means a lot in the NFL. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck."

Guess the Vikings are running haevy with bad luck. :lol:

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don Shula once said, "Luck means a lot in the NFL. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck."

Guess the Vikings are running haevy with bad luck. :lol:

Beware the power of karma. I would hate for Aaron Rodgers to turn out to be a dud after all of the fun had at the expense of the Vikings QB corps the past couple of years. ;)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction - the Vikings get 8 or 9 wins.
They're a team on the up. In '09, they may be even better.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul says in his siggy: "There's the snap, Rodgers drops back - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! Rodger's first snap as Green Bay's starter turns into Allen's first sack as a Viking! Welcome to the starting spot Aaron Rodgers!"
-- Paul Allen, September 8th, 2008
I just feel the need to finish it:
"So the Packers have second and 18, at their own 17 yard line. Rodgers takes the snap.....goes back......heaves it down field to a wide open Greg Jennings who runs past Darren Sharper like he was standing still! Jennings catches it and outruns the Viking D for a 83 yard touchdown! And there's your dagger!!!"
--Wayne Larivee, September 8th, 2008

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul says in his siggy: "There's the snap, Rodgers drops back - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! Rodger's first snap as Green Bay's starter turns into Allen's first sack as a Viking! Welcome to the starting spot Aaron Rodgers!"
"So the Packers have second and 18, at their own 17 yard line. Rodgers takes the snap.....goes back......heaves it down field to a wide open Greg Jennings who runs past Darren Sharper like he was standing still! Jennings catches it and outruns the Viking D for a 83 yard touchdown! And there's your dagger!!!"

:lol:

BTW, have that picture of Driver running for a TD with Sharper having a "I really have to go number two" face trying to catch him up in my office.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
And there's your dagger!!!"
LOL well done! Just like Wayne would say it. 8) Wayne and Larry = awesomeness. 8)
:lol: Thanks!
I thought it would be fitting. :wink:
Now lets hope the whole thing comes true!
(If it does, i'm gonna rub in in to Nodak!) :lol:

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL. Well played Cheesey... :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Thanks Paul! :D
I'm glad to see you have a good sense of humor about it! My comments were just made in jest! I just couldn't resist adding my :twocents: (Not that my comments are worth that much! :wink: )

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trying to look objectively the Vikings are likely a 9-11 win team. They are solid almost everywhere on defense, but old at DT, S. Do not think they have quality depth at most positions. The Allen Pick up was big, as this was the weakest link on the defense. On offense they have issues at RT(at least for the first 4 games), TE and QB. I also think that while their WR's are improved they do not have a legitimate # 1 and really tail off after their top 3.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trying to look objectively the Vikings are likely a 9-11 win team. They are solid almost everywhere on defense, but old at DT, S. Do not think they have quality depth at most positions. The Allen Pick up was big, as this was the weakest link on the defense. On offense they have issues at RT(at least for the first 4 games), TE and QB. I also think that while their WR's are improved they do not have a legitimate # 1 and really tail off after their top 3.

We are no longer old at S. We picked up Madieu Williams, who will be starting opposite Sharper, and drafter Johnson, who is Sharper's eventual replacement. Same with DT - Kevin Williams is hardly old, and we have depth behind Pat Williams.

On offense, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:

We are no longer old at S. We picked up Madieu Williams, who will be starting opposite Sharper, and drafter Johnson, who is Sharper's eventual replacement. Same with DT - Kevin Williams is hardly old, and we have depth behind Pat Williams.

On offense, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Even though I like making fun of Sharper, he does something I wish Nick Collins would do - hold on to the ***** ball. INTs really make a HUGE difference, and he has 17 in the past 3 years.

V

Vikeman

NodakPaul said:
cheesey said:

Thanks Paul! :D
I'm glad to see you have a good sense of humor about it! My comments were just made in jest! I just couldn't resist adding my :twocents: (Not that my comments are worth that much! :wink: )

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Tell em what he's won Johnny!!!!

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

could not have said it any better :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts