Vikings vs. Lions?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've seen some posts on this forum suggesting the Lions will beat the Vikings on Sunday. Is this wishful thinking or are there really reasons to believe this? Personally, I think the Vikings are going to shellac the Lions, but I could be wrong. I'd like to read your thoughts.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, if its in Detroit I could see it being a very close game and coming down to the end. If its in Minny then they Lions dont have a chance I dont think./

TheOutsider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it all comes down to the Vikings. I think if they can get it together on offense they will win. I know that sounds like common sense but they havent shown signs of life yet. They Lions will have their hands full trying to score seeing as though the Vikings defense has been pretty solid but Best has been scoring on the ground and in the air so it will be tough.

If Percy continues with the migraine and hip problems I dont see the Vikings do much even with their new WR.

I think it will be a close low scoring game but I would have to give the edge to the Vikings. If I am wrong and the Lions win I think Fvre will start to mentally check out and they wont be much chance for recovery.

INpackfan66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have chose the Lions on my weekly sheet. Vikes haven't shown any cohesion on offense and the Lions have. I know the Vikes have a formidable D, but I am hoping that the Lions can get a couple turnovers and capitalize on them with even a few points. If they can keep the game close early, I think the Vikes will begin to press, and you-know-who will start forcing the ball in to places he ought not to throw it.

Or this is all just wishful thinking!!! I am trying to will the Vikes to an 0-3 start!!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe the Lions can win this game. They've been playing relatively well the past couple weeks and I expect they'll be hungry after coming off two near misses.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Lions will win at MN.

Though MN losing to the Dolphins at home never crossed my mind. Even when they were 14-0, I kept thinking that the queens would come back.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Lions are going to get steamrolled, unless the Vikes have decided to basically give up the season already. Lions... No Stafford, no chance.

Kallalives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Megatron and Jahvid Best give the Lions a chance to simply just outscore the vikings. Furthermore, Suh will plug up the middle significantly lowering Peterson's ability to just pound the ball. So I would give the Lions a decent chance to win the game around like 40% chance to win.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen some posts on this forum suggesting the Lions will beat the Vikings on Sunday. Is this wishful thinking or are there really reasons to believe this? Personally, I think the Vikings are going to shellac the Lions, but I could be wrong. I'd like to read your thoughts.
I think in the end the Vikings will win, but I do think it will be a struggle. I also wouldn't be completely shocked if Detroit won either.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the lions d gets to brett i can see a win their o-line even with a good running back they have poor q.b so in that they need all the help they can get,hope they win.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I think that the Lions will 100% win this game I said the same thing last week with the Dolphins an everyone called me crazy (espically my bookie when I put 500 on the fins) But I think that the Lions will pull this one out and beat the queens for the 3 stright losses in a row for minny.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the Lions will 100% win this game I said the same thing last week with the Dolphins an everyone called me crazy (espically my bookie when I put 500 on the fins) But I think that the Lions will pull this one out and beat the queens for the 3 stright losses in a row for minny.
damn if you get this one right I just might have to ask for advise every time (comission granted ;) )

I don't gamble, though. LOL

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
damn if you get this one right I just might have to ask for advise every time (comission granted ;) )

I don't gamble, though. LOL

Lol I would point you in the right direction I wouldn't need commission haha. When I bet I always like to take the hardest games because as you know the harder the games the greater the pay out. One thing I do is always take straight up bets I hardly every play the spread.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions win this one. Right now, they are thinking that this is a team that is about their equal... It being a divisional contest, I see the Lions thinking this IS thier playoffs. Lions 20-Vikings 17

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooner or later the Lions will beat the Vikes at the Dump--it could be Sunday. Lions should be 1 and 1 and could be 2 and 0 so they're no longer a pushover. Favre is looking as old as he is. I smell an upset.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So, are you going to put 500 on the Lions then?

I would say if Stafford was playing the Lions would have a much better chance, if it was being played in Detroit even a better chance. But with Stafford out and the Vikes season pretty much on the line, I see them pulling it out. The Lions have over the last few year played the Vikes hard, or the Vikes have just taken them for granted, not sure which. It will be an interesting game for sure. I say Detroit gets to Brett at least 3 times. And he throws at least one pick. The Lions will have to sell out to stop Peterson. Can they win? Sure they can, they are better than last year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Stafford I cant seem them winning. Bad secondary for the lions and a stiff D line of the vikings doesnt bode well for the Lions.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions @ Vikings is the game I will be watching for sure since the Pack doesn't play until Monday night. The other game I will be flipping back and forth to is the Dallas @ Houston game. Very interesting games. It would be nice to see the Vikings and the Cowboys lose. All hell will break loose!!!! The Cowboys seem to be having some kind of cohesion problem as well as the Vikings.

Of course the Pack in my opinion hasn't looked like a fine tuned machine either. Hopefully we will this Monday. Judging from what I saw of the Bears last week, we need to make sure Matt Forte is covered well.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
If the Lions can get pressure all day long on Favre it will be a close game. Vikes are on the edge team wise and a loss here would be a huge blow.

SuperStinkyCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great points, Good analysis.

** edited by longtimefan**

The other parts of your posts had nothing to do with Vikings/Lions game

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mississippi Queen up to his old tricks

Queens and Favre look old and tired - hardly keeping up with the Lions. What does a losing (non-playoff) season do for their new staduim prospects? Queens are #4 in payroll and #28 in revenue among NFL teams - can't be good. And can someone, anyone with some insider pull get the PA announcer to play Mississippi Queen when Brett takes the field in the Queens/Packers game?