Vikings fans take on the NFC north

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It's the dead of the offseason... Need some humor? http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25748

Check out page 6 if you want a nice attack on Rodgers as a person. I mean if anyone knows about high character athletes it's Vikings fans.
And the guy is talking about people who deal with Rodgers in his hometown. I don't know if it's true or not, nor do I care. I do know that when my wife was working in a local restaurant here in town Marino came in with 5 people, sat for 3 hours, *****ed out an 8 year old for asking for an autograph and left a $5 tip on a $225 tab after have the wait staff bust their *** to serve him. Class act. Not. Fact is, we have know idea what most of these people are like outside of the football field. He may be a **** or he may not be. Until you deal with him/them on a regular basis you don't know. (This pertains to all players, not just Rodgers)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indeed. The only things that we ever know (or think we know) is based upon what we see them do on television. I'm sure that every player has slighted some fan in their past, so they're probably all terrible people. However, you can usually judge from game film and interviews who the nice and naughty are in this league.

Raptorman - did I see a clone of Raptorman posting in there? ;)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the real Rogers: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14567073/twosecond-video-clip-doesnt-at-all-capture-rodgers

When Rogers was a rookie he attended a signing day at Lambeau. My brother went with his 4 granddaughters and they stood in line for over an hour to get a signed autograph. When finally up to the man, an official was trying to hurry him up. Rogers ignored him, stood up so pictures could be taken with the girls. There was no hurrying him. He couldn't have been nicer.

Leave it to the Yikes fans to get things wrong. It's what happens when you're 0 for 52 and a bit frustrated with life.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The OP of that thread concludes by writing he thinks the Vikings are "looking like a solid number two". While that's better than a runny number two, it's still number two! :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB issues aside, I think that they are heading in the right direction and finally copying a bit of the Patriots/Steelers/Packers model. I still think that their first round draft bonanza will define the current GM as either genius or lunatic. A solid/runny #2 can still get you into the playoffs, which is really what matters to most fans. AP will suffer a hangover from his record-breaking season, but will still be over 1500 if he remains healthy. He seems a bit like Rocky Balboa, getting stronger and tougher the longer he goes in the fight.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, so I don't have an account over at the Vikings forums, and they are lucky too because I would tear that little **** head a new one if I did. He claims to live an hour outside of Chico, Ca. Well ***** I LIVE IN CHICO and have most of my LIFE! I have been a Packers fan tried and true since I "discovered" football and really started to appreciate and understand the game. It was 1994 and I was 8-9ish. Yeah, Favre was already here but I am FAR from a recent "Rodgers convert". I was VERY happy when he got drafted to us, and am proud that he is from my home town. I would still be super fan of his even if he was from Podunk, IA. I have heard NOTHING BUT THE OPPOSITE of what this guy is talking about. He is simply stupid.

1) My good friend from high school, Renny, was the head chef/cook at the Gooneybird restaurant here in town. He said that Aaron and his girl and brother came in to eat fairly often. Never once did he say that he never left a tip. Ever. Don't you think the cook, who hears ALL of the wait staff's complaints would know if Rodgers didn't leave a tip?

2) He takes pictures. I KNOW he does. My appartment manager had a second job for a while as a salesman at Ashley furniture depot. He saw me wearing my Rodgers jersey and said "Hey, I've got something to show you!" and he pulls out his cell phone and there it is: Him (Vott is his name.) and Aaron Rodgers smiling at the camera. Also, a couple of my customers have said they have bumped into him and one of them is a HUGE Raiders fan. He said "Hey Aaron, I just want to say that I was happy to see you win that Super Bowl, even though I am a Raiders fan." and Aaron was very kind, said thank you and shook his hand.

3) The statement that Chico is googoo for Rodgers is just false. I will admitt that the population of Packers fans has grown since 2005, and mainly in 2009-forward there has been a bigger boom. Hell, when I was in junior high and high school I swear there was like 100 Packers fans at most. Now there ARE more but MOST people are 49ers and Raiders fans. During the playoff game last season between the Packers and 49ers, my wife and I walked from our house down to her parent's house (about 150 yrds.) and we had 2 or 3 cars drive by, heckeling us. I was getting text and facebook heckled through out that game too by locals and near-locals.

4) Rodgers' aunt, Cassie, cuts my wife's hair, my mother and father in law's hair too. I have asked her to call Aaron before and let me talk to him. Mostly as a joke, but somewhat serious too haha. She is very kind and does not come out and tell people to screw off. She simply says "Oh, he isn't available right now." and so on.

5) Rodgers spends a majority of his time in San Diego. He comes up to Chico for about 2-3 weeks during the summer to see his family and train with his brother and a local gym (although Jordan is now a Jaguar so maybe not so much anymore?) However, everyone has off days, bad days, and has a breaking point. Maybe he had just been swarmed by 50 really annoying people, and then 1 genuine guy comes up to him to ask for a photo, and just say "thanks for doing a great job." and he just slips up and assumes that it will be ANOTHER *******. There is/was one story circulating around town that someone was trying to buy him drinks at a bar and he starting yelling at the person sending drinks over. What I have since heard is that Rodgers was on a date with his GF and was trying to have a nice time and repeatedly asked the gentleman to stop, but the drunk persisted until it reached a limit that Rodgers had to step in and say something.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Indeed. The only things that we ever know (or think we know) is based upon what we see them do on television. I'm sure that every player has slighted some fan in their past, so they're probably all terrible people. However, you can usually judge from game film and interviews who the nice and naughty are in this league.

Raptorman - did I see a clone of Raptorman posting in there? ;)
Nope, no clone. That's me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When Rodgers was a rookie he did the bike riding thing during training camp....The kid that he picked, he became friends with...

He would invite the kid over to play video games...Went to the kids football games...He became friends with the family as well..

I know ( or knew the mom, do not talk anymore) she couldnt have been more impressed with Rodgers..

I now times change, and so do people...But for me, that showed his heart back when he was no one.

I know of someone that was approached to do things for Make-A-Wish, but he initially said no way..He didn't want to do it..Don't know of his reason at the time, I just know for a fact he didn't want to...

His last few years in GB he became one of the most requested players for Make A Wish..And did countless things for them and even did things for kids even if it didnt have to do with a charity..

I do volunteering for M-A-W and this was told to me by ones that would have known..

Yes it was Brett..

Just goes to show people can change..

So maybe Rodgers has changed to the point where he doesnt want to be bothered..and can be snippy..

So what...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

OK, so I don't have an account over at the Vikings forums, and they are lucky too because I would tear that little **** head a new one if I did. He claims to live an hour outside of Chico, Ca. Well ***** I LIVE IN CHICO and have most of my LIFE! I have been a Packers fan tried and true since I "discovered" football and really started to appreciate and understand the game. It was 1994 and I was 8-9ish. Yeah, Favre was already here but I am FAR from a recent "Rodgers convert". I was VERY happy when he got drafted to us, and am proud that he is from my home town. I would still be super fan of his even if he was from Podunk, IA. I have heard NOTHING BUT THE OPPOSITE of what this guy is talking about. He is simply stupid.

1) My good friend from high school, Renny, was the head chef/cook at the Gooneybird restaurant here in town. He said that Aaron and his girl and brother came in to eat fairly often. Never once did he say that he never left a tip. Ever. Don't you think the cook, who hears ALL of the wait staff's complaints would know if Rodgers didn't leave a tip?

2) He takes pictures. I KNOW he does. My appartment manager had a second job for a while as a salesman at Ashley furniture depot. He saw me wearing my Rodgers jersey and said "Hey, I've got something to show you!" and he pulls out his cell phone and there it is: Him (Vott is his name.) and Aaron Rodgers smiling at the camera. Also, a couple of my customers have said they have bumped into him and one of them is a HUGE Raiders fan. He said "Hey Aaron, I just want to say that I was happy to see you win that Super Bowl, even though I am a Raiders fan." and Aaron was very kind, said thank you and shook his hand.

3) The statement that Chico is googoo for Rodgers is just false. I will admitt that the population of Packers fans has grown since 2005, and mainly in 2009-forward there has been a bigger boom. Hell, when I was in junior high and high school I swear there was like 100 Packers fans at most. Now there ARE more but MOST people are 49ers and Raiders fans. During the playoff game last season between the Packers and 49ers, my wife and I walked from our house down to her parent's house (about 150 yrds.) and we had 2 or 3 cars drive by, heckeling us. I was getting text and facebook heckled through out that game too by locals and near-locals.

4) Rodgers' aunt, Cassie, cuts my wife's hair, my mother and father in law's hair too. I have asked her to call Aaron before and let me talk to him. Mostly as a joke, but somewhat serious too haha. She is very kind and does not come out and tell people to screw off. She simply says "Oh, he isn't available right now." and so on.

5) Rodgers spends a majority of his time in San Diego. He comes up to Chico for about 2-3 weeks during the summer to see his family and train with his brother and a local gym (although Jordan is now a Jaguar so maybe not so much anymore?) However, everyone has off days, bad days, and has a breaking point. Maybe he had just been swarmed by 50 really annoying people, and then 1 genuine guy comes up to him to ask for a photo, and just say "thanks for doing a great job." and he just slips up and assumes that it will be ANOTHER *******. There is/was one story circulating around town that someone was trying to buy him drinks at a bar and he starting yelling at the person sending drinks over. What I have since heard is that Rodgers was on a date with his GF and was trying to have a nice time and repeatedly asked the gentleman to stop, but the drunk persisted until it reached a limit that Rodgers had to step in and say something.
I`ve got to say Bud, isn`t the whole thing just yanking of Packer chains ??? They certainly pressed your buttons, and your reaction shows 1- 0 to the Vikings :tup: Just my opinion of course.
Lets just wait for the end of the season to reply :D.
From the statistic from LTF, maybe their new strip should be bright orange, with black arrows ? ;)

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be one thing if this ****** bag was attacking the Packers as a team and sayign we "stunk" or somesuch. He isn't. He is attacking Rodgers' character. You can't win that kind of an argument on the field.

Reaction score
What I don't get...
Viking fans calling our Defense a joke - yet when was the last time they've held our offense under 20 points?

They closed the gap on us? - by getting rid of proven players and replacing them with question marks....ok?

Losing Saturday/Jennings/Woodson = Huge Losses for the Pack.... ok?

"Packers will be lucky to make the playoffs this year." - says a fan of a team that had a fluke season last year, much like the 2010 Bucs or the 2011 Lions, but we're the "lucky ones" if we make the playoffs next year.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans? You can't find one after October when hockey heats up. Who cares what they think?

Members online

Latest posts