Vikings express concern about Metrodome moving forward

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
We knew it was only a matter of time before last week’s collapse of the Metrodome became the centerpiece of the Vikings’ effort to replace not just the busted portions of the roof but the entire structure.* We didn’t know the effort would begin so soon. On Friday, Vikings V.P. of stadium development Lester Bagley…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I began to have serious doubts about the Metrodome being playable the rest of this season as early as last week. I'm no architect but even I could tell the building sustained serious structural damage when the dome collapsed and I don't think it is going to be repaired as quickly as they are trying to say. The Vikings have one home game left after the Bears game, it's against the Eagles. If I were the Vikings, I wouldn't be in any hurry to winterize U of M stadium after Monday night's game. They may need it for the Eagles game. I heard on the Philly news here that Philly is already having concerns over that stadium being ready for play. I would just say to hell with the Metrodome for this season and play that last home game at U of M and then winterize it after that game. They'd save themselves a lot of money and embarrassment. It just seems logical to me but then again logic and the Vikings are a contradiction in terms.

Latest posts