Vikings Defense

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching the first half of the Jets-Vikings game and I'm making an observation wondering if any of you are seeing the same thing. The Vikes offense does look potent without Randy Moss. Daunte will now be able to spread the ball all over the field much like Brett does.

The downfall I see for the Vikings this year is two-fold. Number one, the play of their LB's is HORRENDOUS. Number two, and this is where I need feedback, but their defense looks much SLOWER than Green Bay's. Maybe they have marquee names and whatnot, but they do not run very well. Does anyone else see this? :?:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My concern is I don't see a pass rush and the corners continue to play too far off the receivers. Penalties all over the place again. Outdoor-itis?

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
classicpack said:
Notice how Sharper got torched on a TD pass? I hope vikefan you don't have too many high hopes for him.
He also made some nice tackles and broke up some passes, plays that would'nt have been made last year. But this is a Tice team and I don't care what players we have, this is an 8-8 team and it's all on the coaching. I sound like Steel Wheels. Gotta get more positive, Go Vikes!

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the response to my first post. Does anyone else think that the Vikings defense looks slow? For two preseason games now, the opposing offenses have looked so much faster than the defensive players. I hope they are because if GB has anything on both sides of the ball, it's speed.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
classicpack said:
Notice how Sharper got torched on a TD pass? I hope vikefan you don't have too many high hopes for him.

I'm not sure that was 100% Sharper's fault. I was specifically looking for Sharper to get burned all night cause I hate him more than any other player in the NFL, but on that play you'll notice Sharper was blitzing, or faking blitz. At that point it's the CBs responsibility or the other safety's responsibility to cover Sharper's zone. However, it almost looked like he was caught off-guard by the snap. I think he may have been out of position by faking the blitz.

What I saw last night was the Vikes need a center. #60 was pathetic. That could be a liability all year. How long is Birk out?

I think the pass rush will come around. Cripes....how could it not? James and Udeze first round picks in 2 years? Those guys will pick it up.

And not just cause I hate the guy, but Sharper will be a liability all year too. The guy is just too me, me, me, and has clearly lost a step.

Members online

Latest posts