1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vikings Coming To Town.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The Vikings are on there way to town for a Monday Night show down, now this of course means the Green Bay Police Department has to get ready for as many as 10 times the number of normal arrests and ejections on game day, but what does this mean to this Packer team right now?

Does Bonamego have to work extra hard this week because the Vikings special teams have gotten that good or were the Giants special teams that bad yesterday?

Vegas has the Pack opening at 3 ½ to 4 point favorites depending on the book. Take away the 3 points for Home Field and that leaves Vegas thinking the Packers are ½ point to 1 point better than the Vikings.

Both teams are coming off a win.

Does the 13th (Bad Luck) Head Coach of this great organization have the team gelling?

Will Tice recover from his knee injury yesterday? Can the Vikings correct the challenges their offense had yesterday (156 yards total offense including a whopping 16 yards on the ground.) against the Giants?

According to weatherunderground.com Looks like the temperatures could be in the mid 20’s by kick off… That is a good thing.

I look for Gado to have a strong game, mind you the Vikings D did a good job shutting down the Giants very good offense. Tiki did have a good game, and Gado is no Tiki yet but I think this kid who was what a third string running back in college will be so pumped up about coming home to the Love the Packer fans are going to give him, and his spotlight on this historic field.

I look for Brett to have one of his MVP games. He will throw a pick or two but he will be the Brett we all love in between.

Packers 31
    Vikings 26

Your thoughts?

RP
  2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The boat people are coming.

Remember back when Brad Johnson started for the Vikings and the Packers broke his neck??

Brittle Brad will face a Packer team that probably blitzed more against the Falcons than any game to date.
  3. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing about Gado is that he may not be a cold weather back. He fumbled twice last week in a dome.

Gado is from Africa, one of the Carolinas, and played college ball in Virginia. Virginia does have some cold but I can't imagine it's anything like Green Bay.

Gado has to prove he can hold onto the ball in cold weather. I hope he can but I have questions about that.
  4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Very Good Point ravage.

I never thought of that. Perhaps he should have to run the cones this week through a ball stripping gauntlet of Packers. Might be a good practice for him.

RP
  5. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    " Row row row your boat, gently to 5-5, merrily merrily merrily merrily, Vikes win 17 to 9."
  6. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So who's defense are the Vikings going to steal to hold the Pack to 9? It sure isn't the one they've been playing with so far this season.
  7. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looooong drives by Brad to keep GB off the field.

And 3 interceptions by Sharper... :D

Don't mind me, Ive been drinking.....
  8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    haha vikefan, always fun to read your posts. For a vikes fan, you are pretty damn fun to have on the board.
  9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Okay Cheeseheads - sing it with me......

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip,
    That started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the Skipper brave and sure.
    Five passengers set sail that day for a three hour tour.

A three hour tour.

Then, Eric from Iowa re-wrote the dang thing.....
    (From PackerPalace.com...)

Love the site boys. Thought everyone could use a little Viqueen pillaging humor. Sing to the theme from Gilligan's Island:

Come sit right back and you'll here a tale; a tale of a fateful trip; that started from a small lake town; aboard two tiny ships;

The mates were a bunch of pole dancers; but the waitstaff was too pure; the Viqueens team set sail that day for a three hour tour, a three hour tour;

The action started getting hot; the dancers strutted their stuff; if not for the prudes of the fearless crew; there wouldn't have been such a huff

The boats went around and turned back home; the authoritirs came aboard; but fear not friends, 'cause it's all not lost; The Viqueens finally scored!

Eric in Iowa
  10. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just heard Tice on the radio a little while ago. His comment was that when the Queens go to Green Bay to play, street fights occur; so his fans and players have to be prepared for that. Isn't it funny that no other coach has made that comment.
  11. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tice is a buffoon. And for the comments on Gado being able to operate in the cold, you may wish to apply those standards to many Packers' fan's recent obsession....Reggie Bush. He will be exciting, but Maroney will be a better, well rounded pro.
  12. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol I think the vikings might return all their kick returns for a TD, against our poor special team :p
  13. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, thank you Ryan. Enjoy the site.

Here, have a beer.......aww, it bounced off my screen.

Anyhoo, have a day! :D
  14. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't worry so much about that... Remember Favre grew up in southern Mississippi and played college ball in Mississippi. I recall an interview with him where he asked what his initial reaction was to being traded to Green Bay from Atlanta. To this, Favre smiled and replied "I didn't know much about Green Bay, except that it was cold." :lol:

Here's to the Pack crushing the Queens Monday night and another 100 yard game for Gado! 8)

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley
  15. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey, RYAN oughta create/upload a nice size Packer Bier Stein for us to pass around.....

Right back at ya, Vikefan.... where's the rest of your troop....?
  16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    dream on little dreamer.
  17. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If our offensive line opens some holes for Moore and gives a little time for Brad to toss those quick passes, we've got a chance on sneaking one out of Lambeau.

We need long drives to keep Farve on the sidelines. If not, we lose.

NO MORE FREAKIN INJURIES TO ANYBODY!
  18. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No matter what our differences are, we're with you on that one.
  19. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vikefan,

I would be very scared of the Packers from here on out. They are playing every game like it was the superbowl.

I think Packers win this one. BIG!!!
  20. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As long as you have Farve, the Packers could beat anyone.

However, the Vikes are not playing as uptight as earlier. They've held down the penalties and turnovers recently and if this continues [PLEASE!], we have a shot at a second half winning record and winning Monday night.

Anyway, it should be a good, fun game!
  21. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Vikefan....niiice.....but I can't get it to rhyme.

Tice's quote about "street fights" makes me laugh. I've been to Lambeau and I've been to the Vet/Linc......Lambeau is a playground compared to these east coast buffoons. Tice wouldn't know a street fight if it took out all three of his knee ligaments while standing on the sideline.
  22. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As usual the Vikings will play the Packers tough. If the Packers play up to potential they should win the game.
  23. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the team who scores more points will win.
  24. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Remember Sharper only does that a couple times a year so he can run his mouth. He'll be due again around Week 15. :p
  25. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought the Vikings totally lucked out in their win against the Giants.

Per ESPN regarding the Vikings win over the Giants,

"When you get outgained 405-137 and win, you have to have a lot of things go right -- like three returns (punt, kickoff and INT) for TDs."

I agree with that. The Viking offense didn't even score a TD with Johnson at the helm. On any given Sunday any team can win, but I would be disappointed if the Packers lost to the Vikings on Monday because I really think they should win this one. Johnson isn't as mobile as Culpepper behind that shaky offensive line.