Vikings and Packers will finish 1st and 2nd in the NFC North

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am convinced that either the Packers or the Vikings will win the division with the other close behind.

Does anyone see a realistic threat from either the Grossman led Bears, or the Lions with Matt Millen running the show?

Other than Hester and Urlacher who really scares anyone on the Bears team?

The Lions have Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson, but can Kitna get them the ball? Can their defense stop anyone other than the Bears?

It will come down to the Vikes and the Pack again this season my friends. Even though Rodgers is unproven I would take him over Tarvaris Jackson anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. That means the Packers have to be the favorites to win the North again this season, even without #4.

I am maintaining hope that the Vikings can knock the Packers off of the throne, but will need much better qb play and coaching. Don't forget the Vikings have Brad Childress though. Damn, we don't have a chance to win the division. I just convinced myself, I might as well start drinking heavily now. Shot down my own hopes and dreams, what a bummer. :cry:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Vikings and Packers will finish 1st and 2nd in the NFC N

If AP stays healthy, i can see the Vikes doing well this season. He's a monster on the field.
I haven't checked out who all the Vikings play this season. Or the other "North" teams.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will have their work cut out for them with such a tough start to the season for Rodgers.

I have this bad feeling about the Bears. I don't know why. I could eat 3 value meals, strap on a helmet, and be a better quarterback than anyone they have on their roster.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will have their work cut out for them with such a tough start to the season for Rodgers.

I have this bad feeling about the Bears. I don't know why.
Probably because of the 2 games last season.
They showed that they can beat us.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have this bad feeling about the Bears. I don't know why. I could eat 3 value meals, strap on a helmet, and be a better quarterback than anyone they have on their roster.

The Bears should draft at least 3 qbs in the draft and get rid of the 3 they already have. They might get lucky with one of them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am convinced that either the Packers or the Vikings will win the division with the other close behind.

Does anyone see a realistic threat from either the Grossman led Bears, or the Lions with Matt Millen running the show?

Does anyone see a realistic threat from the Vikings either?

Answer: No.

I know this isn't the smack section, but c'mon. Really? Tavaris Jackson. C'mon.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If AP stays healthy, i can see the Vikes doing well this season. He's a monster on the field.
I haven't checked out who all the Vikings play this season. Or the other "North" teams.

If the Vikings had Mike McCarthy as their head coach instead of Childress AP might be the greatest to ever play the game.

It took Childress half the season last year to give him more than 12 carries a game.

Who can ever forget the Vikings Packers at the dome when Peterson had 12 carries for 104 yards in the first half, then touched the ball for 3 more carries in the 2nd half. That is terrible coaching. I am not 100% certain of these stats, since I am to lazy to look them up. But, they are very close if not correct.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have some young studs on O. Sidney Rice and obviously Peterson are nice. But yeah, their QB situation is just as bad as Chicago's.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

vike4life said:

You conveniently left off half of my post where I said basically the same thing. Plus the fact that Childress is the worst coach in the NFL. So "Man Up", and use the quote the entire post.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
vike4life said:

You conveniently left off half of my post where I said basically the same thing. Plus the fact that Childress is the worst coach in the NFL. So "Man Up", and use the quote the entire post.

Oh it wasn't convenience. That was where I actually stopped reading. I give you props for saying that then.

Tavaris Jackson though. Really? I don't see many teams surviving that, no matter how good their defense\special teams\running back stud(1 dimensional offense) are.

Also, Mr. Burns is the coach. He's more interested in blocking out the sun than winning.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

(sorry for the smack, I feel saucy!)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the Vikings had Mike McCarthy as their head coach instead of Childress AP might be the greatest to ever play the game.

Vike - I agree with you here. Well, I wouldn't put him up against Barry just yet, but still, AP may be the best RB in the NFL today, yes, even better than LT.

Childress is indeed an idiot. You have a genuine playmaker and you don't build a gameplan around him. That's just dumb.

You have 2 solid RBs. You build an O like the Steelers, having both of them alternately pound you into submission. You wear down the opposing D until the fourth quarter, their legs feel like jello after they spent the entire game trying to contain them.

What you're saying though is a waste of breath. I don't think Childress realizes what he has and will continually waste it.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

vike4life said:

Vike - I agree with you here. Well, I wouldn't put him up against Barry just yet, but still, AP may be the best RB in the NFL today, yes, even better than LT.

Childress is indeed an idiot. You have a genuine playmaker and you don't build a gameplan around him. That's just dumb.

You have 2 solid RBs. You build an O like the Steelers, having both of them alternately pound you into submission. You wear down the opposing D until the fourth quarter, their legs feel like jello after they spent the entire game trying to contain them.

What you're saying though is a waste of breath. I don't think Childress realizes what he has and will continually waste it.

You are 100% percent correct slayer. With any luck at all this will be the last season for Childress. Can you imagine Bill Cowher with Peterson as his back. That would be the best case scenario for the Vikes. Probably, will never happen, but never hurts to dream.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

vike4life said:
tromadz said:
vike4life said:

Oh it wasn't convenience. That was where I actually stopped reading. I give you props for saying that then.

Tavaris Jackson though. Really? I don't see many teams surviving that, no matter how good their defense\special teams\running back stud(1 dimensional offense) are.

Also, Mr. Burns is the coach. He's more interested in blocking out the sun than winning.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

(sorry for the smack, I feel saucy!)

It is not really smack. Just the truth. The Vikings only hope would have been to acquire Rosenfels from the Texans. They are going into the season with Jackson, Frerotte, and Bollinger. Might as well flush the season down the toilet now. I am getting more depressed as the day goes along. No need to wonder why I drink. :wink:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I DO NOT like the Vikings, they concern me more than the Bears or lions..

I just have this nasty gut wrenching feeling about them..

Or is it gas?

Time will tell

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't envision Bill Cowher, who I view as a manly man, ever wearing anything even a shade of purple, much less an entire outfit of Viking Violet...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or is it gas?

Time will tell

The Vikings will be better than da Bears or the Lions.
For some reason, I just don't fear the Lions.

da Bears on the other hand will be:
1) starting Grossman, so there goes that season,
2) Urlacher is playing hurt. Urlacher when healthy is the best in the business. But he's not healthy.
3) Lovie is too dumb to figure out how to get the ball to Hester.

I'm not worried about da Bears in '08. The Vikings should give us a good challenge though. I'm actually hoping they do because I'd rather have us EARN the NFC North title than just get it because the other 3 teams sucked.

So I'm hoping AP stays healthy. He's fun to watch, just like Barry Sanders was fun to watch and Walter Payton was fun to watch.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the Lions or Bears than the Vikings. UNless they pull a rabbit, find a QB and a pair of solid Wideouts, Peterson is not going to carry them to the playoffs.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the Lions or Bears than the Vikings. UNless they pull a rabbit, find a QB and a pair of solid Wideouts, Peterson is not going to carry them to the playoffs.

I think he can. Now they won't make it past the first round, but he has the talent to carry a team.

The Lions are a joke right now. Every year is there year to break out, and it never happens. Althouh they did start 6-2 last year, I don't see them repeating that. Especially with Roy being outspoken against the team, and trading players for draft picks.

The Bears on the other hand, could do okay, but they need their D to play like 06. The other AP is a decent running back, but their offense woes are so great they need to make some great drafts or FA signs to contend for the playoffs again.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Veretax said:

I think he can. Now they won't make it past the first round, but he has the talent to carry a team.

The Lions are a joke right now. Every year is there year to break out, and it never happens. Althouh they did start 6-2 last year, I don't see them repeating that. Especially with Roy being outspoken against the team, and trading players for draft picks.

The Bears on the other hand, could do okay, but they need their D to play like 06. The other AP is a decent running back, but their offense woes are so great they need to make some great drafts or FA signs to contend for the playoffs again.

The lions are a couple of Olineman, and A Solid RB away from having a pretty scary offense. I know I laugh at them too (how many picks on WRs in the last ten years? :D),. The bears gave us trouble last year, with a team banged up pretty badly. The Vikings have issues on their D-Line, and they lack a passing game. Sure AP is good I'm not denying that, but you have to be able to do more than run in this league. I think it finishes like this:

Green Bay
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears

reason? Bears have a lot more holes to fill than you may realize.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay's defense will have to rise to the challenge of stopping Adrian Peterson and the offense will have to overcome the Vikings' D without Favre. That could be a tall task.

On another note, I'm so tired of watching Green Bay lose to the Bears. Two years in a row now, loses at home to the Bears. That's just got to stop.

I want shut-outs by the defense, 40+ points put up by the offense and a complete dismantling of Chicago. I normally try to temper my bloodlust for other teams, but Chicago...they just deserve a beating.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan said:

Or is it gas?

Time will tell

The Vikings will be better than da Bears or the Lions.
For some reason, I just don't fear the Lions.

da Bears on the other hand will be:
1) starting Grossman, so there goes that season,
2) Urlacher is playing hurt. Urlacher when healthy is the best in the business. But he's not healthy.
3) Lovie is too dumb to figure out how to get the ball to Hester.

I'm not worried about da Bears in '08. The Vikings should give us a good challenge though. I'm actually hoping they do because I'd rather have us EARN the NFC North title than just get it because the other 3 teams sucked.

So I'm hoping AP stays healthy. He's fun to watch, just like Barry Sanders was fun to watch and Walter Payton was fun to watch.

Zombie,

Lovie killed us twice last year when no one else could.

I think W/O Brett, we are a little better than a mediocre team in a VERY mediocre division.

Of course, I will still pull for my Packers but, AP Just may be enough to carry the Vikes into the playoffs. He is scarier than anyone in the NFL.

IF AP stays healthy, Vikings are to be contended with... I don't see much from the Lions and Bears are always tough... Because of special teams and the defense.

I see the Packers struggle with Rodgers a bit in his first year and I think it will be a MUCH tighter race than last year.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
V4L...I don't know...gosh....Zygi vastly overspent for marginal talent, seconding only the stupidity displayed by Al Davis in one of the weakest FA markets ever. Hell, dude....your team could suck for years given the coach and the lack of thought put into the player acquisition.

Keep up the good work, Vikings!!

Actualy, I think your team has a chance to be decent this year...it all comes down to Chilly pulling his head outta his *** where AP is concerned, and Tavaris developing, which I have my doubts about.

Good luck, though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zombie,

Lovie killed us twice last year when no one else could.

I think W/O Brett, we are a little better than a mediocre team in a VERY mediocre division.

Of course, I will still pull for my Packers but, AP Just may be enough to carry the Vikes into the playoffs. He is scarier than anyone in the NFL.

IF AP stays healthy, Vikings are to be contended with... I don't see much from the Lions and Bears are always tough... Because of special teams and the defense.

I see the Packers struggle with Rodgers a bit in his first year and I think it will be a MUCH tighter race than last year.

No argument there. Without Brett, it will be a big step back. Nothing against Rodgers, but we're replacing the #2 QB in the NFL in '07. It won't be easy.

We still have holes to fill. I didn't like our OGs at run blocking at all and Lee is our only real TE. I have faith in TT's drafts, but how much will rookies really make a difference. Plus, I don't think people realize what Corey Williams meant to the team. He was taken for granted. Will Harrell be able to replace him? I honestly don't know.

I'm predicting Bigby's a Pro Bowler next year, but we still have a serious problem at 3rd CB, and the guy we brought in to compete with Poppinga isn't really good at covering TEs either supposedly.

We still have a top tier RB. We still have solid OTs, the 2nd best WR set in the NFL, and the #6 ranked D. We should have a winning record, but I don't see us going as far as we did last year without Favre.

And even though da Bears had our number last year, one game was a fluke and the other game, I'm still at a loss why we lost. This year, I'm predicting we win the game at home at least.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
V4L...I don't know...gosh....Zygi vastly overspent for marginal talent, seconding only the stupidity displayed by Al Davis in one of the weakest FA markets ever. Hell, dude....your team could suck for years given the coach and the lack of thought put into the player acquisition.

Keep up the good work, Vikings!!

Actualy, I think your team has a chance to be decent this year...it all comes down to Chilly pulling his head outta his *** where AP is concerned, and Tavaris developing, which I have my doubts about.

Good luck, though.

Shiancoe could be the worst free agent signing in the history of the NFL!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts