Viking Fans say the darnest things

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My ex-wife had a brother who was a huge Vikings fan when we was married....even she couldn't stand them since how extremely annoying their fan base is upon losing games.

I read through some of the comments over there and feel like I just got stupider for having done it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I read through some of the comments over there and feel like I just got stupider for having done it.

I know what you mean.

I know one person in my life who is only a Viking fan over Favre, and he's still holding onto that "He'll never be Favre" arguement.

For a team that has lost 4 Super Bowls, and 4 NFCC games, they have NO room to talk.
All those records they have are meaningless. They can win 50 Division titles, have 10 washed up quarterbacks that had their best year ever in Minnesota, but at the end of the day 1 Super Bowl is better than none. Just go ask Buffalo.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what you mean.

I know one person in my life who is only a Viking fan over Favre, and he's still holding onto that "He'll never be Favre" arguement.

For a team that has lost 4 Super Bowls, and 4 NFCC games, they have NO room to talk.
All those records they have are meaningless. They can win 50 Division titles, have 10 washed up quarterbacks that had their best year ever in Minnesota, but at the end of the day 1 Super Bowl is better than none. Just go ask Buffalo.
I came across this:
Minnesota Vikings | 50 Greatest Vikings

While it's great to honor 50 past players, it just doesn't seem to hold or be the same without the championship wins.
How pathetic is that?
Makes me almost feel sorry for them. Almost.
(And I can't believe they put Bent Fraud on there. I guess they are more forgiving than we are even though he was a Packer and blew off their last chance at the SB!)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I came across this:
Minnesota Vikings | 50 Greatest Vikings

While it's great to honor 50 past players, it just doesn't seem to hold or be the same without the championship wins.
How pathetic is that?
Makes me almost feel sorry for them. Almost.
(And I can't believe they put Bent Fraud on there. I guess they are more forgiving than we are even though he was a Packer and blew off their last chance at the SB!)

When you can't win a Super Bowl with ANY of those great players, you got a problem

As for Favre, i would have put Warren Moon on there before Favre. At least he was still TRYING in both of his years in Minnesota before injuries brought him down. i don't think Brett was trying at all this season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you can't win a Super Bowl with ANY of those great players, you got a problem

As for Favre, i would have put Warren Moon on there before Favre. At least he was still TRYING in both of his years in Minnesota before injuries brought him down. i don't think Brett was trying at all this season.
Spot on Bogey!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My favorite quote from that thread has to come from a Packer fan though.

cmatthews:
Winning the Superbowl last night was such a great feeling! Running around in the street's with everyone else going nuts! Everyone screaming GO PACK GO! It is truly a once in a lifetime thing. Its a shame none of you will never ever going to experience that! I hope that if we ever meet in the superbowl we will DESTROY YOU!!!!!

And here I thought Packer fans were supposed to be smart. Not to mention he doesn't think the Packers will make it again in his lifetime. You all better hope the guy is 95 years old. :jester:

Reverend Conehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I gotta admit, that's some really weird @#$% they wrote over there, but it had some humor value. I think I can translate one of the things he said:

Packers only exist in Green Bay because Mommy NFL created an exception (let them hide under the skirt of the NFL, making the Packers the ***** babies of the NFL
I think he's talking about the fact that only Green Bay is allowed to be a publicly owned team. The NFL outlawed publicly owned teams after the Packers had already done it and so they were the only team grandfathered in. It wasn't a conspiracy to give special treatment to Green Bay; that city was simply the only one to have done it before the rule changed.

I personally think publicly owned teams are a great idea and the league should change the rules to allow other teams to do it. I visited Minneapolis for the first time last month and people were talking about how the team may move away if they don't get a new stadium or if this or that doesn't happen. I'm definitely not a Vikes fan, but I think it would be bad for the NFL for that team to move away. Can you imagine some lame thing like the Los Angeles Vikings?

IMO public ownership of the Vikings would be the perfect solution. It would keep the team in that small market city and give the citizens of Minnesota a say in how the team is run. I do understand how people there might feel bitter that that's not an option. However, that's not Green Bay's fault. It's up to the NFL to make the rules. I would support a rule change that would allow the Vikings or any team to be publicly owned.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Okay, I gotta admit, that's some really weird @#$% they wrote over there, but it had some humor value. I think I can translate one of the things he said:

I think he's talking about the fact that only Green Bay is allowed to be a publicly owned team. The NFL outlawed publicly owned teams after the Packers had already done it and so they were the only team grandfathered in. It wasn't a conspiracy to give special treatment to Green Bay; that city was simply the only one to have done it before the rule changed.

I personally think publicly owned teams are a great idea and the league should change the rules to allow other teams to do it. I visited Minneapolis for the first time last month and people were talking about how the team may move away if they don't get a new stadium or if this or that doesn't happen. I'm definitely not a Vikes fan, but I think it would be bad for the NFL for that team to move away. Can you imagine some lame thing like the Los Angeles Vikings?

IMO public ownership of the Vikings would be the perfect solution. It would keep the team in that small market city and give the citizens of Minnesota a say in how the team is run. I do understand how people there might feel bitter that that's not an option. However, that's not Green Bay's fault. It's up to the NFL to make the rules. I would support a rule change that would allow the Vikings or any team to be publicly owned.
I would love to see public owned teams in the NFL. But it will never happen. To bad the Packers are the only one.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We are one of the smallest market teams I believe, but it's better than over paying a bunch of losers to keep on losing. Dallas spent over 25+ million dollars on their new kicker and he couldn't even make an extra point on Christmas that helped them lose.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Live today mentioned McNabb as possibly a candidate for the ViQueens QB position. Made me laugh inside at the thought of another old QB going to Twinkie Town.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite quote from that thread has to come from a Packer fan though.

And here I thought Packer fans were supposed to be smart. Not to mention he doesn't think the Packers will make it again in his lifetime. You all better hope the guy is 95 years old. :jester:

god thats pathetic.

Members online

Latest posts