Vikes Vs Packers predictions

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, since its friday before, I get the feeling that we can start being the weekend pundit and predict the Packers/ Vikings score.

I say that the Packers limit "Pete"s damage and score often. It is about time that we have a breakout game where we win comfortably.

Also in many minds, this will be the statement that the Packers indeed are the powerhouse team in the NFC.

I see an early aerial circus by the Pack and we jump out to an early lead which we hold. Much like the last game vs. the Vikings... but this time MUCH bigger win. Thus setting the stage for the rest of the season.

Packers 34 Vikings 20

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well the Vikings will get a decent game out of AP and Taylor.. but will stuggle in the red zone to score TD's.. meaning alot of field goals potential for Longshank if they get into Packer territory.. PS.. I really see AP struggling on the soggy track that may be there come Sunday.

Favre and company should feast on the shaky secondary in Purple if the Line can pass block this weekend. Which I think you will see a spirited game from the interior of the OLine...

Packers should handle them... 27 - 16.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about Minnie running the ball effectively enough to use play action. When that's that case, I'm chiefly concerned with a.) the matchup between Bush and whoever he's playing (remember the Sydney Rice TD in the first game? Great play by Rice despite good coverage), b.) Wherever Rouse is on the field.

Lemme say I like Rouse and think he has great potential. It's just that he's a rookie with little playing time.

I think Minnie's defense is very good and I don't think we'll pass the ball like we did in the first game. Their Cover 2 defense will more closely resemble Washington's than KC's (I think).

In any case we have to take advantage of oppurtunities. No more of this "we're playing better than them but leading by 3" crap. We have to get off to a sizeable lead. Doing that against Minnesota is ideal; the only way they move the ball is by running.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the way they run the cover 2 may be like washington (i don't know), what i do know is that they don't have the personnel that washington has. The skins have arguably the best combination of safeties in the league. the vikings.... don't. i hope that mccarthy doesn't force the run like he did against chicago.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Close game coming up! I just can't see it going any other way. Despite Adrian's big time play making as of late, I do not see a repeat of last week's record setting performance although he will still be a factor as he was last time we played them.

I got to root for the home team (although I live in Virginia) and go with the Packers, but I expect a close uncomfortable game like the rest have been. I think we should all prepare for at least one turnover as well.

Packers 20 Vikings 17

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about Minnie running the ball effectively enough to use play action. When that's that case, I'm chiefly concerned with a.) the matchup between Bush and whoever he's playing (remember the Sydney Rice TD in the first game? Great play by Rice despite good coverage), b.) Wherever Rouse is on the field.

Lemme say I like Rouse and think he has great potential. It's just that he's a rookie with little playing time.

I think Minnie's defense is very good and I don't think we'll pass the ball like we did in the first game. Their Cover 2 defense will more closely resemble Washington's than KC's (I think).

In any case we have to take advantage of oppurtunities. No more of this "we're playing better than them but leading by 3" crap. We have to get off to a sizeable lead. Doing that against Minnesota is ideal; the only way they move the ball is by running.

Excellent points. It would be great if the Pack could hit 'em with a few early TD's so they won't be able to rely on Peterson so much. I don't think Childress will make the same mistake twice by getting away from Peterson again if the game is close.

I love the cover 2 defense. There has been an explosion of long passes since other teams tried doing that to us. The only reason it worked for Washington was that Favre had an off day.

Play action is our defense's Achilles' heel, and with Peterson in the backfield, I have no doubt that it will be effective in getting the Packer defenders out of position. The big question is how well the Viking QB (whoever he is) takes advantage of those situations.

My prediction: Packers 27, Vikings 20.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the Packers are the better team. Better D. Better QB. Better Recievers. Home Field, and poor weather. (although id be more comfortable if it was below 32).

However... and i hope this doesnt happen at all.

History tells us... GB and Minny split frequently. I just dont feel great about this game for some reason.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are two reasons that the Vikes have a losing record and both are glaring deficiencies when competing in the NFL.

1) They are VERY one dimensional on offense and have no passing game.

2) They play very poor pass defense.

They couldn't match up WORSE than they do against us when you consider we are in the very top in the offensive passing areas and play very good run defense and red zone defense.

Watching Peterson last week would make me scared except for the fact that San Diego and Rivers could just not get their offense going and he missed open receiver after open receiver and the Vikes kept getting the ball back and eventually cracked the Chargers defense.

Bottom line is we are too good overall to let one guy beat us and I think we will get up on them with Favre cutting them up causing them to need more than Peterson which will be the end of it.

Pack by 10

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling the defense outshines the offense. That's right, the defense that has to go against AP will be awesome.

Packers: 28
Vikings: 13

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sure would be nice. I would love to see an interception returned for a touchdown in this game. Those are always the most awesome things to watch in a game in my opinion.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I have a feeling the defense outshines the offense. That's right, the defense that has to go against AP will be awesome.

Packers: 28
Vikings: 13

Ahh Brooks might cough up the ball a time or two for us.. hope your call comes true.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to say Minnie (I say that rather than "Minny" because "Minnie" at least draws up some comparison to a cartoon female mouse) is "bad" against the pass. One has to put their defense in perspective. No one runs the ball on Minnesota. They have the best run D in the league. So, teams pass on them 35+ times a game... every game. They're not necessarily "bad" against the pass, but when the opposing team passes that much, they're bound to get yards.

Plus, I think Minnie's front seven is better than Washington for sure, and gives KC a run for it's money (I know, Donnie and Johnson are good, but I think Henderson and Greenway are just as good, and the Viqueens d-line is better).

Plus, Sharper, as crappy, streaky and cocky as he is, is a "playmaker" at safety.

We gotta keep AP in check, force some turnovers, and get off to a big enough lead where passing becomes advantageous for them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the field is wet (which looks like it may be) AP will be slowed down considerably. Without him, Minnie (LOL!) won't stand a chance.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper intercepts Favre for a TD
Bollinger to Ferguson - TD
Longwell - a couple of FG's and all the PAT's

Oh and lest I forget....ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!

Packers are goin' down!

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper intercepts Favre for a TD
Bollinger to Ferguson - TD
Longwell - a couple of FG's and all the PAT's

Oh and lest I forget....ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!

Packers are goin' down!

Sharper USED to intercept Favre's passes... to his WIFE!

You are right about Bollinger to Ferguson. Only problem is, Ferguson is sitting on the bench!

Longwel is good for 2 FGs and AP is good for a TD which accounts for ALL of Minnesota offense's points.

That is not good enough to overcome Favre to Driver/JENNINGS/Jones/Lee/Grant. Let's face it Vikings have a MUCH better chance of winning the battle of the cheerleaders... Since the Packers don't HAVE any.

Go Packers!

15-0 SUPERBOWL!

V

Vikeman

My prediction

Childress gives Peterson more then 2 carries in second half keeping game close like it should have been last time.

Longwell makes 55 yard field goal with 2 seconds to go and seals it.

V

Vikeman

If the field is wet (which looks like it may be) AP will be slowed down considerably. Without him, Minnie (LOL!) won't stand a chance.

Sigh....Soldier field was a sloppy mess...guess Peterson's 3 td's and over 200 yards rushing was a slow down.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Sigh....Soldier field was a sloppy mess...guess Peterson's 3 td's and over 200 yards rushing was a slow down.
Yeah,......but he's playing the 7-1 Packers this week, not the 3-5 lowly Bears! :wink:

V

Vikeman

Vikeman said:
cheesey said:

Yeah,......but he's playing the 7-1 Packers this week, not the 3-5 lowly Bears! :wink:

Good Lord Cheesey you are clueless. You even miss your own points you try to make. You do make this site oodles of fun

Members online

Latest posts