Vikes sign Smoot

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
The Vikings have agreed to terms with Fred Smoot. I belive he'll be getting about $6 million per year. Personally, I think he's worth it. I like Smoot and I think he and Winfield will make up a top 5 CB duo in the league. As much as I hate to see it, I like what the Vikes have done this offseason. Losing Moss will hurt the offense, but they can be 9-7 without him, huh. So maybe its not that big of a loss. Bring in Napolean Harris who is solid, add Pat Williams next to Kevin Williams and the 2nd year guy Udeze, and throw in two of the first 18 picks and they've improved the team immensly. The wild card is how the offense runs over 16 games w/o Randy. That remains to be seen. But on paper, they probably have a better squad than we do. Hopefully (maybe likely) Tice will find a way to screw it up.

Roadrunner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that trashing Moss actually strengthened the Vikes & that's kinda scary; though it may take them a few games before it becomes evident.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Vikes but they are having a very strong offseason I think they probably could have got more for Moss but these two moves plus adding Harris and two picks they are gonna be tough next year.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol:

fred smoot, wow! antoine winfield last year. kevin and pat williams up front. tice and company are doing something right. there is still work to be done. what nice additions so far!

Members online

Latest posts