Vikes Pack open on Monday night

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
The "kicking butt" comment is fine. The idea that Green Bay will now decline based on Favre leaving, that's baseless - not optimistic.

I'm really not trying to be condescending...but do you really think this team improves without Favre throwing it around? I like Aaron Rodgers but he is not elite.

The Packers will take a step back without Favre.

However, the Packers org has been preparing for this moment for years. We've been trying to build a team where the QB isn't the end all/be all position it is on a lot of teams.

Look at the Giants for instance. They won the Super Bowl with a Tier II QB. They had the most complete team in the NFL though - they played together as a team and their front 7 on D held the best O ever to only 14 points.

Look for a heavy running game for both teams. You guys have a tough front 4 and I think this game will be won or lost in the trenches.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really not trying to be condescending...but do you really think this team improves without Favre throwing it around? I like Aaron Rodgers but he is not elite.

The way I see it, there will be a significant drop off at the QB postition only.

Favre>Rodgers

Our success won't hinge on Rodger being a great quarterback.

Our young receivers; Jennings, Jones, Martin, K-Rob will all be better after another offseason with the team.

A young Donald Lee will only get better.

Ryan Grant will be running for big money and B-Jack and Wynn have had a full offseason to get stronger and smarter.

Clifton and Tauscher should have enough gas in the tank for 1-2 more years.

Our young interior linemen, Barbre, Colledge, Spitz, Coston, Moll, and Wells are all getting stronger and smarter.

On defense, Kampman and Jenkins are in their primes. KGB is still a productive pass rusher. Our interior linemen are all young (besides Pickett) and will only get stronger and smarter.

Nick Barnett is in his prime. Hawk, Poppinga, Chillar, Hodge, and Bishop should continue to improve.

While Harris can't lock down top 5 receivers (Burress, TO) anymore, he can still cover almost any other WR in the league. No one wants to throw at Woodson. Williams, Blackmon, Bush, and hopefully a promising rookie will all compete for the nickel.

Our talented young safeties, Bigby, Collins, and Rouse can play both safety positions and will be in a heated competition for two starting spots.

We have the best young kicker in the league, Mason Crosby.

Needless to say, I think we'll be in great shape next year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
The "kicking butt" comment is fine. The idea that Green Bay will now decline based on Favre leaving, that's baseless - not optimistic.

Based on how the Packers are built you can argue almost every position will stay the same or get better next season except for QB. A lot of this team is just entering their prime now.

The Packers are the most complete team in the division top to bottom. They also play in a division where the QB play is head and shoulders the worst in the NFL in my opinion. So things certainly setup well for Rodgers and the Packers right now IMO to be in a fight with Minnesota.

Had the Vikings went out and got a better QB, I'd probably predict them as a Super Bowl caliber team but Jackson to me is not the answer.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first response was: This is awesome!

Then I thought: Whoa! That's a lot of pressure for Aaron Rodgers in his first NFL start. It could be great for him, or it could be awful.

Mostly, though, I'm excited. It will be a great opportunity for Packer fans to rally around their team and their new QB even as they remember Brett Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get to start the season 1 - 0!

This.

I don't think this is a bad\pressure thing for A-Rod at all. I think this is the best for him. He's studied the Vikings the last 3 years, ran a lot of their plays while running the scout team. And on top of THOSE reasons, McCarthy will have him ready no matter who the 1st opponent was.

marstc09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Thanks for the link Vikeman!

lol, evidently the poor minny fans are already having delusional dreams following Brett's exit:

RaaR612 says:

March 31st, 2008 at 10:45 am

What better way to mark the decline of the Packers franchise than the Vikes kickin their behind in Lambeau Field on Monday night

The level of presumption is just hilarious. Thank you, RaaR612, you just made my day!!

Yes Vikings fans being optimistic about the season...hilarious...we must be the only fan base that does that.

No kidding. What a crazy comment!

marstc09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they retire his jersey during this game. All the attention will be on that while we silently go 1-0.

I will be at this game representing the purple. Do you guys have like a tailgate spot?

packattack92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one mentions the fact that we play them here in September. That means 50 degrees, in my opinion I'd much rather have them come to town in late December when it is 0 degrees.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

I think it will help Aaron's confidence to start 1-0.

These type of quotes where made last season when we played the Giants Lets not overlook The vikes

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is over looking the Vikings. We beat them the last 4 times, but of course the teams are VERY different now.
I call it just being optomistic.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they retire his jersey during this game. All the attention will be on that while we silently go 1-0.

I will be at this game representing the purple. Do you guys have like a tailgate spot?

You are kidding right? Do we have a tailgate spot? The whole parking lot used to be one gigantic tailgate.

This game will be an interesting match up between two good teams. Packers have the edge on talent and the coaching but that Adrian Peterson scares me.

He reminds me of the great Barry Sanders. I think the best of the Packer defense will be able to overcome the AP factor. It will be a great to see what kind of a football player A Rod is.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These type of quotes where made last season when we played the Giants Lets not overlook The vikes

We're fans. We can overlook whoever we want, as long as the team doesn't, which they won't. I hate when people say this. HATE IT LIKE THE ****!

(too much?)

(I do hate **** though)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mortfini said:

We're fans. We can overlook whoever we want, as long as the team doesn't, which they won't. I hate when people say this. HATE IT LIKE THE ****!

(too much?)

(I do hate **** though)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way to beat the Vikings - take AP out of the game by scoring often early.

The way to lose to the Vikings - let AP beat you by keeping it close and letting AP wear down your D.

MM will start aggressively. Aaron will come out swinging. Will it be effective? I hope so.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

P A C K E R S
1 - 0

I think it will help Aaron's confidence to start 1-0.

You quote me then say something like that, don't. I didn't look past the Giants so don't quote me as if I posted numerous comments as you imply with this statement. I make an *** out of myself PLENTY, I don't know anyones help, k thx ;)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Vikeman said:
pack_in_black said:

lol, evidently the poor minny fans are already having delusional dreams following Brett's exit:

RaaR612 says:

What better way to mark the decline of the Packers franchise than the Vikes kickin their behind in Lambeau Field on Monday night

The level of presumption is just hilarious. Thank you, RaaR612, you just made my day!!

Yes Vikings fans being optimistic about the season...hilarious...we must be the only fan base that does that.

Laughable eternal optimism. Vikings fans are footballs version of Cubs fans.

Or Brewers fans right? When was the last time they won anything?

Good point.

Brewers last won the AL championship in 1982 and came close to winning the NL central last year.

May be they do it THIS year. How about the Twins? What do you think of their chances?

Back to football. What is the Viking fan pinning their season on? AP? Defense? Jackson? Childress? It seems to me your team did OK last year and that was because of the AP factor.

Other than that, it seems that this is basically the same team that faltered the year before even with their stout run defense.

What have the Vikes done to improve this off season?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
PackerChick said:
Vikeman said:
pack_in_black said:

RaaR612 says:

Laughable eternal optimism. Vikings fans are footballs version of Cubs fans.

Or Brewers fans right? When was the last time they won anything?

Good point.

Brewers last won the AL championship in 1982 and came close to winning the NL central last year.

May be they do it THIS year. How about the Twins? What do you think of their chances?

Back to football. What is the Viking fan pinning their season on? AP? Defense? Jackson? Childress? It seems to me your team did OK last year and that was because of the AP factor.

Other than that, it seems that this is basically the same team that faltered the year before even with their stout run defense.

What have the Vikes done to improve this off season?

The Vikings signed Gus Frerotte. I am certain that all Packers fans are trembling in their cheeseheads after that signing. :wink:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings signed Gus Frerotte. I am certain that all Packers fans are trembling in their cheeseheads after that signing. :wink:

Sorry Vike.
Wish you had more exciting news.

I actually like it when there are good NFC North teams. That pushes the Packers to be better. I'd rather earn the division crown rather than just win it because the other teams weren't that good.

marstc09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
marstc09 said:

You are kidding right? Do we have a tailgate spot? The whole parking lot used to be one gigantic tailgate.

This game will be an interesting match up between two good teams. Packers have the edge on talent and the coaching but that Adrian Peterson scares me.

He reminds me of the great Barry Sanders. I think the best of the Packer defense will be able to overcome the AP factor. It will be a great to see what kind of a football player A Rod is.

I guess I have to explain this carefully for a Packer fan. I mean does this website have a tailgate spot? Duh which way do I go? BTW genius I lived in Green Bay for 5 years.

Members online

Latest posts