Vikes Pack open on Monday night

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Wow....even without Favre we get the first Monady night game.
SWEET! :D

What's the over/under for how many times Favre's name gets mentioned?
You know what? I bet there WILL be a Vegas line on that!
Now......alot would depend on if John Madden is there. :wink:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if they will retire Favre's jersey that night? I would love to go to that game. I would imagine tickets would be pretty high.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow..this will be huge for ARod, something to work for every day until then. He's gonna be exploding to get that game on!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Vikeman!

lol, evidently the poor minny fans are already having delusional dreams following Brett's exit:

RaaR612 says:

March 31st, 2008 at 10:45 am

What better way to mark the decline of the Packers franchise than the Vikes kickin their behind in Lambeau Field on Monday night

The level of presumption is just hilarious. Thank you, RaaR612, you just made my day!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice how he says how the packers will decline, the Vikings actually getting better dosent occur to him? :D Classic Vikes fans

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if they will retire Favre's jersey that night? I would love to go to that game. I would imagine tickets would be pretty high.
I don't know if they would do it the first game. Being the Vikings game, they know that tickets will already be hard to come by. I would think maybe sometime closer to mid season.
Of course i am only guessing.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is good luck Aaron. That's a lot of pressure for your first ever start.

They say it's expected at Lambeau, but I guess they don't know for sure?

Thanks Vikes for the post.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

lol, evidently the poor minny fans are already having delusional dreams following Brett's exit:

RaaR612 says:

What better way to mark the decline of the Packers franchise than the Vikes kickin their behind in Lambeau Field on Monday night

The level of presumption is just hilarious. Thank you, RaaR612, you just made my day!!

I saw that and laughed out loud. "Decline of a franchise"...wow. That's just delusional. I hope this person is getting professional help.

V

Vikeman

pack_in_black said:

RaaR612 says:

Yes Vikings fans being optimistic about the season...hilarious...we must be the only fan base that does that.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "kicking butt" comment is fine. The idea that Green Bay will now decline based on Favre leaving, that's baseless - not optimistic.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice how he says how the packers will decline, the Vikings actually getting better dosent occur to him? :D Classic Vikes fans

The Packers' decline is the only hope for the Vikings' success! :lol:

V

Vikeman

The "kicking butt" comment is fine. The idea that Green Bay will now decline based on Favre leaving, that's baseless - not optimistic.

I'm really not trying to be condescending...but do you really think this team improves without Favre throwing it around? I like Aaron Rodgers but he is not elite.

V

Vikeman

Tiger said:

The Packers' decline is the only hope for the Vikings' success! :lol:

True we needed your help through the 70's and 80's when your team was in a 25 year slump.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

RaaR612 says:

Yes Vikings fans being optimistic about the season...hilarious...we must be the only fan base that does that.

Laughable eternal optimism. Vikings fans are footballs version of Cubs fans.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

RaaR612 says:

Vikeman,

YES your fanbase is the only one which has to count on a decline of the packers to be optimistic about the season.

I am glad that you realize the power that the Packers have had over your team especially in the last few years...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Watch it! There is no way the Cubs go another Century without winning the World Series.........right?

V

Vikeman

Vikeman said:
pack_in_black said:

RaaR612 says:

Laughable eternal optimism. Vikings fans are footballs version of Cubs fans.

Or Brewers fans right? When was the last time they won anything?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW to some of the comments at the end of the article.

I think this is great for the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. If he goes out and wins this game on National TV, people will take quick note. Although I guess that could be a bad thing too.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
I don't know if they would do it the first game. Being the Vikings game, they know that tickets will already be hard to come by. I would think maybe sometime closer to mid season.
Of course i am only guessing.
I just found this at packers.com:

Opening the season at home in prime time could provide an opportunity for the team to retire quarterback Brett Favre's jersey, No. 4, but no decision will be made until the full schedule is released. The team has told Favre it would present him with a few different options once the full schedule is announced, which is expected to be sometime in April.

Members online

Latest posts