Video of TJ Lang

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This was done by a poster on packershome.com..

Watch how TJ performs vs the Lions

YouTube - blatze1's Channel

1 – Langs not really involved. Does his job
2 – Grants goes a little right. Lang and Quinn both looked good
3 – Lang not really involved but pushes his guy right out of the screen
4 – Lang destroys the DT
5 – Lang let’s the DE pressure Rodgers which causes an int. Kuhn was no help
6 – Grant ran between Lang and Colledge for 6 yards
7 – Lang takes his guy out of the play
8 – Quinn and Lang make up for Colledge getting destroyed. 1st down
9 - ? not sure what happened
10 – Lang takes Grady Jackson right down the line of scrimmage. Finnley blocks his own guy and a gigantic hole opens up
11 – Pass play. Lang shoves his guy to the ground. Said guy gets up only to have Lang put him back down
12 – ran right
13 – Lang hits the 2nd level and takes out a LB. The entire line did it’s job and Grant goes for 22 yards
14 – Grant starts dancing and the LB gets away from Lang. The LB completely missed the tackle anyways :lol:
15 – Grant runs left. Lang stands his guy up then shoves him down. 1st down. Game over

Watch how he performs vs Allen

YouTube - blatze1's Channel

Now his take on the Vikings game

1 – Lang vs Allen. Neither one involved
2 – Direct snap to Wynn. Vikings D seems confused. Lang not able to get on his guy
3 – Lang vs Allen. Rodgers throws quickly
4 – Lang takes care of Allen
5 – Allen dominates. Grant seemed confused. Rodgers fumble. I blame Lang
6 – Ran right
7 – Lang pushes Allen out of the play
8 – Quick pass. Lang has no one to block
9 – Lang takes care of Allen
10 – Quick pass
11 – see #9. TD. I swear Lang tried to punch Allen
12 – Lang pushed Allen out of the play
13 – Lang takes care of the DT
14 – Lang does nothing. Pressure on Rodgers
15 – Nice block by Lang
16 – Quick pass. Good job on Lang
17 – Screen. Lang does his job
18 – Allen owns Lang. Sack
19 – Quick pass
20 – I’m not watching anymore

You have to watch the videos to really understand this..It really does look like that TJ can play the LT spot..Granted it was only 40 plays, on average he seems to be okay for the job...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oops... Anyway, you found it. Maybe I would've taken the credit, if it were me... Nah ;)
-
But about Lang, I think there're two different factors (one leads to two conclusions) that make it hard to compare with other linemen:

1.1) He didn't start any games, so he played against already tired DL. Specially true against Det, which had NO rotation, to the point that they had to use an offensive lineman as a DT.

1.2) Because he didn't start, he had no chemistry with the QB, as well as his teammates, so anything he did, with proper gametime, will get better.

2) He didn't practice much as LT. Specially true against Min, where he was thrown under the bus (Jared Allen), and had to perform.

I liked when we drafted him, but never projected him as LT. Guard, RT at best. He is surprising me. Considering all, and also taking into account Clifton's injury, he has played better than Clifton...

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Notebook: Lang Likely To Get The Call

T.J. Lang's playing time at left tackle this season has primarily come in the fourth quarters of games when the starter went down with an injury, but the rookie from Eastern Michigan is expected to get his first NFL start on Sunday at Cleveland.

Starting left tackle Chad Clifton, who re-injured his ankle late in the third quarter of Sunday's game vs. Detroit, did not participate in practice for the third straight day and is listed as doubtful. Head Coach Mike McCarthy said Friday that Lang will get his first start if Clifton cannot go against the Browns.

"I'm very excited," said Lang, who would become the first Packer rookie to start at left tackle since Daryn Colledge did at Miami (Oct. 22, 2006) for Clifton, who was out due to illness. "It's nice to be able to get out there and start a game. I'm confident in my abilities and I hope the rest of the team is confident. I'm just going to go out there and try to do my job.

"We've gotta pick it up a little bit..

Source: Packers.com

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted a video of him from packershome.com

And someone did say maybe he was brought in when the D was already tired..

So now we will see how he is right from the get go..

but might not be a true test as the Browns might have 4th stringers in

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pointed that out.
Rogers is going to play. Williams is going to play. I don't know if Wimbley will. But still, Clifton started against the Lions, without 2 DL, and they lost one, so they put an OL out there, and still performed badly.

I don't think we're in a position to be demanding. A good performance in a valid game should be praised, and rewarded with titularity, independent of the adversary.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1.1) He didn't start any games, so he played against already tired DL. Specially true against Det, which had NO rotation, to the point that they had to use an offensive lineman as a DT.

1.2) Because he didn't start, he had no chemistry with the QB, as well as his teammates, so anything he did, with proper gametime, will get better.

2) He didn't practice much as LT. Specially true against Min, where he was thrown under the bus (Jared Allen), and had to perform.

I liked when we drafted him, but never projected him as LT. Guard, RT at best. He is surprising me. Considering all, and also taking into account Clifton's injury, he has played better than Clifton...

How did he look today?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts