Vic Ketchman - Is it Just Me?

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just started reading some of his stuff on the Packers website. The guy has zero credibility with me, he comes off as the consummate apologist. According to him there is nothing wrong with Packers defense outside of injured starters. Understand he is the Company guy on the Company website but, c'mon man, a little pragmatism never hurt anyone. Or am I off base?

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I love reading his column but he seems like he can't face facts. Our defense is trash, our players can't tackle, and we pretty much can't do anything without getting away with some defensive holding like last night. The injury excuse is getting old, while it makes sense why our defesne is bad, it's also because of how we can't tackle and bad play calling by Dom. He has to face facts that our D is holding us back. Aaron and Eddie is what keeps us alive and especially Eddie after Aaron went down (Matt Flynn deserves some credit too)

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a Packers employee, what do you expect?
I can understand it do, lot of the comments keep the Pack fans chins up. I give him that, but everyone has to face facts. But he won't, which gets under my skin to be honest.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On thing that is true: If not for so many injuries, we would be a lot better.
Now everyone gets injuries, but some teams get more (us), than the others (Niners).

Truly, I believe if they had our injuries, they'd not have made the playoffs for sure as Arizona would have beaten them.
And we'd still be going.

I can't blame Ted at all for these injuries.
The guys he has, Bulaga & Sherrod, should be good enough to win Super Bowls.

But there are two holes (ILB & S) that I feel have been seriously neglected and we (and drafnicks) said this the past draft. Terrell Manning a few years ago was a day 2 or day 3 pick at ILB didn't pan out. Jeron McMillian also was a deep deep reach. Wasn't on any draft guides and I saw nobody grading him as a worthy draft pick any higher than a 7th round flier.

Free agency is a tool for filling holes.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Just started reading some of his stuff on the Packers website. The guy has zero credibility with me, he comes off as the consummate apologist. According to him there is nothing wrong with Packers defense outside of injured starters. Understand he is the Company guy on the Company website but, c'mon man, a little pragmatism never hurt anyone. Or am I off base?

Follow the MONEY, it's simple . ;)

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He's 50/50 for me. Sometimes you like him, sometimes you regret clicking. He's just there to Skip Bayless traffic for the site and give fans someone to yell at.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries certainly are a huge part of the problem. It's probably the biggest problem. Defensive players need time together as a unit to "gel" if you will. Our defense this year had different starting lineups nearly every week. That said, it's clear that we do need a solid safety and an ILB. If we can get healthy elsewhere we can be a very good defense.

OP
OP
maxlives

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, maybe it's just me. Injuries can't explain the poor fundamentals this defense has displayed the last three seasons. Cannot get off blocks, cannot pressure the QB with any consistency, poor gap discipline, poor tackling, poor containment, way too much confusion and too many mistakes in the secondary. Those aren't caused by injuries. Am I seeing things or does somebody see it too? Good news; all can be fixed with good coaching.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Again, maybe it's just me. Injuries can't explain the poor fundamentals this defense has displayed the last three seasons. Cannot get off blocks, cannot pressure the QB with any consistency, poor gap discipline, poor tackling, poor containment, way too much confusion and too many mistakes in the secondary. Those aren't caused by injuries. Am I seeing things or does somebody see it too? Good news; all can be fixed with good coaching.
Makes you wonder what Trgovac, Perry, and Green are actually doing.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, this is a fantastic point which greatly favored the 49ers: "In the fourth quarter, as the Packers were trying to address a desperate situation at linebacker, it hit me: the 49ers were playing with Ahmad Brooks, Aldon Smith, NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis, and injuries were forcing the Packers to play with a hobbled Andy Mulumba
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
and two players (Datone Jones
and Jamari Lattimore
) out of position."

Plus, he consistently said the team was doing poorly because of Rodgers not in and that was correct. The defense wasn't playing well either, but the records with and without Rodgers don't lie. Flynn doesn't win in Solider Field nor keep it close yesterday.

Finally, Vic constantly says players, not plays (which is completely true) without referring to injuries at all when people question coaches after a loss. That clearly means he's blaming the players for losses. He just said it again today in his last question.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic is not a Packers fan and he isn't from Wisconsin and he needs to go and be replaced with someone who is a Packers fan from Wisconsin.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does recognize that we have personnel deficiencies...he's just subtle about it.

Like in today's column he mentioned our dearth of serviceable linebackers and mentioned that he will be on the lookout for more of them at the senior bowl.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind that Vic is a company man. I mind that he is extremely condescending and talks down to his readers, especially being in his position of being essentially the middle man between the organization and the fans.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Vic is a complete disrespectful tool bag. For a guy who has NEVER put on pads, he certainly talks the talk. He is a wise *** to often and hides behind his keyboard. Half the crap he talks is not even from experience..... he is a joke. I guess since I have never been an airline pilot I can talk a big game like I have been and tell people how to fly?

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

By good coaching in the fundamentals do we start the responsibility with the Head Coach?

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can Ketchman be just a company guy when he rubs so many people the wrong way?

He always dumps the people that shout "Fire everyone!"
That has certainly helped the Bears, Vikings and Lions in the past, right?

Hey guys, we won the division while playing a back-backup quarterback for almost
half of the games. I admire what our coaching staff has accomplished this season.

Let me close out with Vic Ketchmans favourite phrase: "Players, not plays!"

*OMG! Now they don't like me neither!!*
Anyway, this
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/your-thoughts-on-vic-ketchman.31959/
is cr*ck!

Reaction score
I think the dude is awesome, he keeps it level headed - when you've got annoying packer fans barking for us to sign Mario Williams or throw in the towel cause Rodgers is hurt, the dude keeps it level headed.

But I guess he's supposed to coddle a bunch of spoiled Packer fans that can't handle adversity, idk.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic is a complete disrespectful tool bag. For a guy who has NEVER put on pads, he certainly talks the talk. He is a wise *** to often and hides behind his keyboard. Half the crap he talks is not even from experience..... he is a joke. I guess since I have never been an airline pilot I can talk a big game like I have been and tell people how to fly?

OK so where do I put in the key to start her up?
And what does this thingy over here do?
Never mind.
A joystick. A keyboard. It's made by Atari. Yeah, I got this. Now where are the Space Invaders?

A pilot flying a passenger jet airplane is on the intercom and mentions about how high they are flying, the time they are expected to arrive, and the other usual stuff.
When he's done, he forgets to turn off the intercom switch.
He says to his co-pilot, "Man, I could sure go for a cup of coffee and a BJ right about now."
A stewardess in the back of the plane hears this and starts to run up the aisle towards the cockpit to let the pilot know that the intercom switch is still on.
A passenger sees her and yells out, "Hey, honey! Don't forget the cup of coffee!"

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
What I wanna know is : when you google searched the work "c0ckpit", how many pages did you have to go through before you actually found what you were really looking for? lol

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts