Vets in Trouble

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which veterans do you think are in danger of being released or traded due to free agency and the draft?

My vets in danger are:

1) Charlie Peprah, S
-- Packers drafted a safety and a nickle corner

2) CJ Wilson, DE
3) Jarius Wynn, DE
-- Lawrence Guy returns from injury; Muir and Hargrove were signed in free agency; Worthy and Daniels were drafted

4) AJ Hawk, ILB
5) Frank Zombo, OLB
-- Perry and Manning were drafted; Walden was resigned

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that list pretty well sums it up. Also we could be seeing the last year of a few players. Maybe woodson and pickett

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think Peprah is in danger unless Woodson goes to Safety.

Is Zombo first off the block before Jones and Walden? I don't know..

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Woodson is in no danger, his level of play is still heads and tails better than most of our other DB's. Moving him to safety is the most logical move now that Nick is gone, if house or shields can step up and fill the DB position.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to think it but I think the odd men out may be Wilson and Peprah. TT seems to be sold on Hawk and no way is Woodson going anywhere. Wynn played well last year and looks to have a promising future, hopefully with the Packers.

Reaction score
If anything, DJ Smith would get the shot at taking Hawks spot over Manning. DJ Smith really played good last year. In the 4 games he started because of injury, he had 33 tackles which is about 8 a game. That is way better than the 84 tackles Hawk put up in 14 games

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Agree a message was sent to those guys. Unfortunately, I doubt Hawk is in jeopardy. :(
New guy plays the weak side
I think that list pretty well sums it up. Also we could be seeing the last year of a few players. Maybe woodson and pickett
Not a chance on either. Pickett only gets the boot if somebody gains the weight to play NT behind Raji. As it stands Pickett is his only back-up. Woodson.will.retire.in.green.and.gold. Understand that now. He still has a few more productive years in him. Don't expect retirement until his contract runs out in 2015.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget that being drafted does not guarantee you a roster spot. Last year the Packers drafted 10 players but only seven were on the active roster at the start of the season. I agree that Hawk and Peprah are safe. Peprah has been a reliable backup whenever we lost a starting safety. That's not something a player that I think you'd release unless you had a good alternative.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is safe as in they wont cut him but there is no reason he there shouldnt be an open competition for his starting spot between him and DJ Smith in camp. He is still useful in short yardage but this crap about him leading the defense because he wears the helmet is getting tired.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is safe as in they wont cut him but there is no reason he there shouldnt be an open competition for his starting spot between him and DJ Smith in camp. He is still useful in short yardage but this crap about him leading the defense because he wears the helmet is getting tired.

And don't forget Manning. Although he is listed as an OLB, I heard a few statements to the effect that Capers and the Packers think he can play ILB. Manning could turn out to be a real steal in this draft for the Packers.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Which veterans do you think are in danger of being released or traded due to free agency and the draft?

My vets in danger are:

1) Charlie Peprah, S
-- Packers drafted a safety and a nickle corner

2) CJ Wilson, DE
3) Jarius Wynn, DE
-- Lawrence Guy returns from injury; Muir and Hargrove were signed in free agency; Worthy and Daniels were drafted

4) AJ Hawk, ILB
5) Frank Zombo, OLB
-- Perry and Manning were drafted; Walden was resigned

Peprah could be gone. Just because we drafted a S and CB doesn't mean he's automatically out

At least one of our DL are guaranteed to get cut.

Zombo could get cut too. He's always injured and there is really no point in keep a guy who can't stay on the field. We already have Walden, Jones and now Perry. I think that's a solid rotation

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Peprah is surely safe. If anything, Anthony Levine is gone. Hawk is certainly safe also, Lattimore would be on the bubble I'd think or So'oto even though I know he's a fan favorite.
On the D-line it's gotta be Johnny Jones or Muir. The Packers would drop players from the 3rd string before starters or backups.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
S
Peprah will probably stay, Levine was practice squad anyway, so M.D. Jennings is the likely the drop
ILB
Lattimore was also practice squad and manning plays weak side. DJ smith will move to sam and Francois is the more likely cut.
OLB
Walden stays because he was a re-sign. Brad Jones and Zombo become the likely drops.
DE
Johnny Jones is also practice squad, Muir and Hargrove were FA signs, so they stay. Wilson is almost certain to leave, and I'll pull the "shocker" and say Daniels gets cut. He's a bit small. Guy might not make it either.

That being said, there are more likely cuts elsewhere.
TE.
Crabtree and Williams
Add anybody else we signed mid-season last year

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, nobody really wants to think about it but will Donald Driver have a roster spot ?
Don't get me wrong, I do not want this to happen, but NFL-football is a business and in my opinion he is only our No. 3 or 4 WR and hey, he is 37 !
I also agree that AJ Hawk will not be in danger, but Zombo and Wynn will have to fight for their spot.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Crabtree and Williams should both be on the roster. Quarless will be the one getting cut.
Why would we cut him when we can place him on the injury reserve and retain him while filling his roster spot? Taylor and Finley aint goin anywhere, and I expect two of our five TE will be cut for space. Even should we cut Quarless, that still leaves one more on the block. I'd rather have Williams than Crabtree, but Crabtree will fight for extra yards if he actually catches the ball.

Members online