Very Sad To See.... I hate to say it but...

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net. I am a Packer fan too and have been for almost 40 years, many of them lean. That doesn't mean I can't comment. Otherwise why be on the forum.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Ya guys. The Pack lost the game by one point. One friggin point. And yet nearly everybody on this board wants to fire everybody on the team from Sherman/Rossley to Favre/Green.

Jeez. Some kind of fans.

When does #4 become accountable? Last I looked, it wasn't Sherman or Rossley or Ferguson or Vince freaking Lombardi throwing into triple coverage while he has a wide open #85 streaking down the field.

Plays like that are happening more and more frequently and we still have the Brett Favre fan club knob-polishing for every mistake he makes. Now bad on Sherman if he doesn't reel in #4 but at some point #4 needs to take some accountability.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Ya guys. The Pack lost the game by one point. One friggin point. And yet nearly everybody on this board wants to fire everybody on the team from Sherman/Rossley to Favre/Green.

Jeez. Some kind of fans.

yes one point, but only one. not as bad as other winless teams. guess we should be blessed.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Orrelse. A wide-open #85 streaking down the field. What game were you watching?

Packerchick. Don't succumb to the negativity that permeates this board. I always knew you as a cup-half-full kind of fan. Hang in there girl. Won't be long b/4 FavreO lights it up. You know it!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Orrelse. A wide-open #85 streaking down the field. What game were you watching?

Packerchick. Don't succumb to the negativity that permeates this board. I always knew you as a cup-half-full kind of fan. Hang in there girl. Won't be long b/4 FavreO lights it up. You know it!

Right on Vix. Brett will light it up. :thumbsup:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
When does #4 become accountable? Last I looked, it wasn't Sherman or Rossley or Ferguson or Vince freaking Lombardi throwing into triple coverage while he has a wide open #85 streaking down the field.

Plays like that are happening more and more frequently and we still have the Brett Favre fan club knob-polishing for every mistake he makes. Now bad on Sherman if he doesn't reel in #4 but at some point #4 needs to take some accountability.
You are correct. Being Brett Favre does not make you above the team and he has hurt the Packers with his questionable play. He is not god and is not above criticism.
The Packers were around long before Favre and will be here long after he is gone.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were around long before Favre and will be here long after he is gone.

EXACTLY! Havel and Harry Sydney were discussing this today...the Packers are not obligated to ensure that Brett closes out his career w/ a title...they have to do what's best for the team, even if it means (shudder)...rebuilding (yet another shudder)...

Not only that, but Brett has, of late, been contributing more than his fair share to the losses.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn good post ORRELSE...Brett saying in a press conference that he screwed up doesn't really cut it for me...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

As for #85 streaking down the field...I didn't get to see the TB game, but I've noticed on replays that, even though the wrs haven't been getting as open as they should, or as often as they should...checkdowns, and rookies are overlooked more often than not.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
ORRELSE said:

You are correct. Being Brett Favre does not make you above the team and he has hurt the Packers with his questionable play. He is not god and is not above criticism.

Phil, that quote is beautiful. You must be a closet packer fan.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:

Jeez. Some kind of fans.

Vix, doody happens. Trying to put it as cleanly as I can here.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
what it is about message boards that inspire such a dramatic response after every loss?

I would imagine it is the same thing that inspires a funeral dirge when you are one game away from first place. :roll:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to disagree with all of you about Favre. I think, right now, he is the only one who is trying his hardest in the game. So, he threw a couple of interceptions. Do any of you make mistakes, or are you all perfect? I do get upset with him at times, but I also get upset with Green. I, myself, do not like Green, but I will not bash him. I try not to bash any of the players or coaches because I am not in their shoes. Oh, I get mad at all of them. I noticed not too many people are complaining about Longwell missing the extra point and the field goal. I think that Brett---for too long of a time--has been looked upon as the one to save the game, and when he doesn't, everyone gets upset. This is just my humble opinion. Have a good weekend everyone, and our Pack WILL win the game on Monday night just to prove everyone wrong.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I hate to disagree with all of you about Favre. I think, right now, he is the only one who is trying his hardest in the game. So, he threw a couple of interceptions. Do any of you make mistakes, or are you all perfect? I do get upset with him at times, but I also get upset with Green. I, myself, do not like Green, but I will not bash him. I try not to bash any of the players or coaches because I am not in their shoes. Oh, I get mad at all of them. I noticed not too many people are complaining about Longwell missing the extra point and the field goal. I think that Brett---for too long of a time--has been looked upon as the one to save the game, and when he doesn't, everyone gets upset. This is just my humble opinion. Have a good weekend everyone, and our Pack WILL win the game on Monday night just to prove everyone wrong.

Right on, Carol.

I find it a bit much that the posters to this board are so quick to jump all over anyone associated with the Packers who (gods forbid) makes a mistake. This week it is Longwell. Despite the fact that he has been a rock-solid kicker and fantasy favourite for years, after one bad game the criticism starts. Some people on here make it sound like he lost the game on his own, and insinuate he should be able to overcome a ridiculous snap to put the ball through the uprights. As for Favre, everyone blames him for every pick he throws. While there is a lot of truth to this, receivers running the wrong route, stopping mid-route or not making solid catches can all lead to a turnover. Many times I have watched him throw his arms up in frustration at the receiver as if to say "what the hell was that?"

I have said it before and I will say it again: Individuals do not win games, teams do.

Here's hoping for the best Monday night.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the pack starts out 0-3 and now all of a sudden it is brett's fault, longwell's fault, sherman's fault, or anyone elses, but not the teams. there are 11 people on the field at any given time, this team does not show emotion unless you are a veteran (Favre, Barnett, Henderson, Driver). why is that, this team needs to gel believe in itself, not go around blaming everyone else, the players hear the same things we do and they are probably starting to believe they are as bad as everyone says they are. while i'm not in favor of replacing sherman (at this time) this duty should fall to him and the veterans to have this team pumped up and ready to go. the pack showed improvement against CLE and TB, this monday night will go a long way to how the rest of this season goes. if they come out fired up and show some heart then they can pull it out. but how are they going to do all this will aaron rodgers, brett IS the heart and soul of this team. i dont care if he is 35 years old, no one can lead a team like he does. we all saw him on the sidelines during the last two games waving the towel prodding the defense to make a stop. this is something we can not forget. leadership and pride in the team, such as what brett, barnett, ahamn, and driver have) should be more important to the team, and all of us, rather than throwing away a season to see a unproven rookie taking snaps. just my feelings. GO PACK GO!

IU_packfan

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IU_packfan said:
the pack starts out 0-3 and now all of a sudden it is brett's fault, longwell's fault, sherman's fault, or anyone elses, but not the teams. there are 11 people on the field at any given time, this team does not show emotion unless you are a veteran (Favre, Barnett, Henderson, Driver). why is that, this team needs to gel believe in itself, not go around blaming everyone else, the players hear the same things we do and they are probably starting to believe they are as bad as everyone says they are. while i'm not in favor of replacing sherman (at this time) this duty should fall to him and the veterans to have this team pumped up and ready to go. the pack showed improvement against CLE and TB, this monday night will go a long way to how the rest of this season goes. if they come out fired up and show some heart then they can pull it out. but how are they going to do all this will aaron rodgers, brett IS the heart and soul of this team. i dont care if he is 35 years old, no one can lead a team like he does. we all saw him on the sidelines during the last two games waving the towel prodding the defense to make a stop. this is something we can not forget. leadership and pride in the team, such as what brett, barnett, ahamn, and driver have) should be more important to the team, and all of us, rather than throwing away a season to see a unproven rookie taking snaps. just my feelings. GO PACK GO!

IU_packfan

A fall like this is due to happen at one time or another. Thats reality.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IU_packfan said:
brett IS the heart and soul of this team. i dont care if he is 35 years old, no one can lead a team like he does. we all saw him on the sidelines during the last two games waving the towel prodding the defense to make a stop. this is something we can not forget. leadership and pride in the team, such as what brett, barnett, ahamn, and driver have) should be more important to the team, and all of us, rather than throwing away a season to see a unproven rookie taking snaps. just my feelings. GO PACK GO!
IU_packfan

Well said, IU...but what you have here are sycophantic butt-kissing Sherman fans like Musscy and some others here who traitorously turn on the guy who got you to the playoffs all those years---FAVRE...when it's obvious that ******* coach Sherman couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, and is busy writing non-sensical, obtuse articles on Green Bay architecture when he should be busy trying to figure out how to extricate his head from his posterior..and coach the Green Bay Packers!

And don't pay attention to the pathetic and jealous Bear fan who posts here--whose blind hatred of Favre for shredding his Cubs and taking his manhood..is obviously only here to egg on the fair weather ingrates in their attacking Brett Favre when he has a shell of a team and the worst coaches in the NFL (Sherman & Rossley) surrounding him....

and i love how these "fans" hold Sherman above criticism, but want to blame it all on Favre...how naive...and sickening..actually....

Musscy, i've been saying it for YEARS now...the best thing for the Green BAy Packers is to FIRE MIKE SHERMAN...!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Musscy, i've been saying it for YEARS now...the best thing for the Green BAy Packers is to FIRE MIKE SHERMAN...!

you've never said that...ever.

seriously though, i think everybody gets your message. its literally in every single one of your posts my friend.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew an 0-3 start was bad, but I can't believe people are ready to throw Favre to the dogs so soon,jeez come on. Did you just start watching packer games? Brett has always thrown interceptions, this is nothing new, the only difference is back in the day it was overshadowed by spectacular catches from the likes of Sterling, Robert Brooks, Chewy,Rison,Jackson I think you get the point. The only reliable receiver he has right now is Driver. It's 3 games cut him some friggin slack, very soon this offense will come together and you'll all be lovin Brett again, he needs time to adjust to not having his go to guy JW, he'll adjust and the Packers will win the division. Stop the retirement talk, realize you have one of the top QB's in the league and savor the flavor because it isn't going to last 4ever.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is trying to be the old, risky Brett on a team of rookies who can't handle it. I also think he may be losing some of his skills. He IS 35. Even the Great Ones eventually can't do it anymore. It's hard to tell what's really going on. With regards to if Brett retired, I'm glad he didn't mostly because what will we be like without him? Is Rodgers really ready to take his place? Will he EVER be ready to take his place? I'm not sold on Aaran Rodgers as the heir apparent. With Favre we still have a slight chance of picking it up. Without him, I don't think we would have had any chance at all.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points of view all 'round - but certain aspects of Team Chemistry do apply.

One comment was the Brett is playing like a Rookie again, since there are so many of them on the team this year... or alluding to that fact, anyway. And, I would agree with that premise. But, more to the point - Brett hasn't had the interactive relationship with his HC in the last five years, that he once had - which made him into the 3xMVP he's heralded as being. He certainly deserves that honor... I would never take that away from him...

That being said, tho' --- the one thing I "hate" about our losing streak is broken down into two situations, some would say three.....

• 1. Brett needs to stop the INT's - end of discussion
    --- (remember how Holmgren almost sat Brett down? I do!
    --- In this case, the scenario is exactly like that year with MH)
    --- Sherman has ignored his "coaching" responsibilities for too long, with regards to the Veterans - somehow he seems to think that it is NOT necessary, unless they are Rookies and then relegates that to Assistant Coaches to do - when if that's the case, why is he even here....?

2. Sherman needs to find his rhythm again
    --- (not sure how it is that he loses it every Off season, but it is regular as clockwork - like the seasons, we now see that Shermy is basically a Rookie at the outset of every Regular Season ramp up - sad to see and most likely the one issue which will cause his downfall, more than anything else)

3. Players need to get some brass ones, and real quick
    --- (Rookies make mistakes, but the Veterans should KNOW better. It's the 'Team Chemistry' which is being tested right now.
Does anyone see any specific Player becoming the Locker Room Leader yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts