Very Early 2012 Predictions

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
So many calling a loss to Houston. No just no. Don't lose to them. Please.

Houston might be the most balanced team in the NFL. (Dead Serious)

If they get another good receiver and the loss of Demico Ryans doesn't hurt too much they'll be back in the playoffs again this year.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Houston might be the most balanced team in the NFL. (Dead Serious)

If they get another good receiver and the loss of Demico Ryans doesn't hurt too much they'll be back in the playoffs again this year.

Agree. I have been high on Houston. I just don't want them to win TOO many but I think they and NE have the best paths to a bye week right now, at least on paper barring major injury.

I guess it looks like an obvious loss if one has to happen. I hope not though.

Was a bit suprised they let go of a few guys this offseason but they plug up holes well.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I predict a similar season as last year for Houston. Andre has been one of the most exciting players to watch over the last decade. He is aging now and his body his falling apart. I want to wait for after the draft to see how good they will be. The Texans' receiving core is garbage. A couple of years ago there were college teams that had better secondaries than this team. Due to a phenomenal season from Jonathan Joseph, they had an OK season last year. If he has a down year they could fall apart and I could see a team like Titans or (dare I say it) the Colts winning the division. The Texans are known for losing to superior teams and falling apart down the stretch. I'm not buying into the hype just yet.

From how I see it, the Packers have a timely schedule. They play the Saints when they still have their third string head coach coaching. We are also playing the 49ers at home which is big. There is no way Aaron is going to let Alex Smith beat him after what he had to go through on draft day. Those things stick around for life. I could see a loss to the Bears. We will not lose to the Giants.

13-3 Losses to Chicago, Seattle, and Detroit

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I predict a similar season as last year for Houston. Andre has been one of the most exciting players to watch over the last decade. He is aging now and his body his falling apart. I want to wait for after the draft to see how good they will be. The Texans' receiving core is garbage. A couple of years ago there were college teams that had better secondaries than this team. Due to a phenomenal season from Jonathan Joseph, they had an OK season last year. If he has a down year they could fall apart and I could see a team like Titans or (dare I say it) the Colts winning the division. The Texans are known for losing to superior teams and falling apart down the stretch. I'm not buying into the hype just yet.

From how I see it, the Packers have a timely schedule. They play the Saints when they still have their third string head coach coaching. We are also playing the 49ers at home which is big. There is no way Aaron is going to let Alex Smith beat him after what he had to go through on draft day. Those things stick around for life. I could see a loss to the Bears. We will not lose to the Giants.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And for added hype:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0900...k-doesnt-have-any-weaknesses-warren-moon-says

And yes, Houston has a way of not living up to expectations. Big test for them this year. They have waited patiently for the Colts to slide.

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am sorry but I hate it when people say things that relate to teams 3-4 years ago. Same franchise different team.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If it were up to me the Packers would always play on Sunday at noon. But one “price” of their success is the popularity which has them playing in more marquee games. So I happily give up what I consider the “ideal” schedule in exchange for the Packers having legitimate title hopes. I don’t like the early turnaround playing a physical 49ers team and four days later playing the Bears. They'll likely need their "mini bye" that early in the season. At least McCarthy and staff will have a lot of time to prepare for both games. I don’t like three straight road games but they aren’t playing murderer’s row in that stretch either. I do like the idea of finishing the season against a division rival and I think that’s a league wide phenomena.

While it’s natural to go through the schedule and guess wins and losses, it seems almost every season the Packers lose a game they were widely expected to win and win one they were expected to lose. Thank goodness that last part is more difficult since they’ll likely be favored in almost all their games. Of course which teams they play is most important but when they play them is also very important and there’s just no way to calculate the importance of “when” they play ‘em until the season is underway.

Just thought I’d mention McCarthy breaks the season into groups of four games with the goal of winning each quarter. So here’s how he’s looking at the schedule. IMO the toughest quarter is the first one. Is that a good or bad thing?

Sun, Sept. 9 – San Francisco
Thurs, Sept. 13 – Chicago
Mon, Sept. 24 - @ Seattle
Sun, Sept. 30 – New Orleans

Sun, Oct. 7 - @ Indianapolis
Sun, Oct. 14 - @ Houston
Sun, Oct. 21 - @ St. Louis
Sun, Oct. 28 – Jacksonville

Sun, Nov. 4 – Arizona
Sun, Nov. 11 – bye
Sun, Nov. 18 - @ Detroit
Sun, Nov. 25 - @ NY Giants
Sun, Dec. 2 – Minnesota

Sun, Dec. 9 – Detroit
Sun, Dec. 16 - @ Chicago
Sun, Dec. 23 – Tennessee
Sun, Dec . 30 - @ Minnesota

Opps, almost forgot my prediction: I predict we are going to enjoy the hell out of this season!

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I am sorry but I hate it when people say things that relate to teams 3-4 years ago. Same franchise different team.
Care to tell me where I related things to a team 3-4 years ago? I said 2 years ago the Texans had the worst secondary in the NFL. With the only addition over the course of that time being Jonathan Joseph, I don't really think it is unrealistic to think that they can revert to their old form. We saw it last year with the Packers' secondary and the 09 team when they got sliced in the playoffs against the Cardinals. Which, mind you, was 2 years before that.

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to tell me where I related things to a team 3-4 years ago? I said 2 years ago the Texans had the worst secondary in the NFL. With the only addition over the course of that time being Jonathan Joseph, I don't really think it is unrealistic to think that they can revert to their old form. We saw it last year with the Packers' secondary and the 09 team when they got sliced in the playoffs against the Cardinals. Which, mind you, was 2 years before that.

Not talking about that portion. Was talking about when you said texans are known for losing to superior teams and falling apart. Also don't think we had just an okay year. We had a top 5 pass defense.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone picking us to lose in Detroit and Houston!?
I went to Detroit last year and watched #12 carve up the Lions.... Everyone thought it was going to be like the last game of the season but Detroit came ut flat and couldn't keep up. I dont see us losing either of these games.
Maybe I lose in Chicago and than another to either NO or SF and then like IVO said... one fluke loss like last yr at KC.......
I see them at 12-4

PS I'll be in Detroit again this year for the GB vs Lions game Sun. then Thanksgiving break...

Shoot me pm if you wanna tailgatn the D! We had a blast last year!

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone picking us to lose in Detroit and Houston!?
I went to Detroit last year and watched #12 carve up the Lions.... Everyone thought it was going to be like the last game of the season but Detroit came ut flat and couldn't keep up. I dont see us losing either of these games.
Maybe I lose in Chicago and than another to either NO or SF and then like IVO said... one fluke loss like last yr at KC.......
I see them at 12-4

PS I'll be in Detroit again this year for the GB vs Lions game Sun. then Thanksgiving break...

Shoot me pm if you wanna tailgatn the D! We had a blast last year!
If you can't "see" your team losing to anybody then that is blind homerism. A 15-0 team can lose to an 0-15 team any sunday. I doubt anyone saw you losing to the Chiefs but how'd that work out. Just saying.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
If you can't "see" your team losing to anybody then that is blind homerism. A 15-0 team can lose to an 0-15 team any sunday. I doubt anyone saw you losing to the Chiefs but how'd that work out. Just saying.
Assuming you're a Texans fan, why did you come to this forum? I mean congrats on the playoff appearance and all, but I mean, every team has holes. I'm not saying the Packers are perfect. We can't "see" our team losing to anyone because we are that good. Not trying to be cocky but our team went 15-1 last year. We are used to winning. So predicting losses is very hard to do. I don't see us losing to anyone next year. Am I going to be wrong? Almost definitely. This is a Packer forum. Of course there is going to be confident fans. Calling someone a homer on their team's forum is moronic. Just saying.

doc108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming you're a Texans fan, why did you come to this forum? I mean congrats on the playoff appearance and all, but I mean, every team has holes. I'm not saying the Packers are perfect. We can't "see" our team losing to anyone because we are that good. Not trying to be cocky but our team went 15-1 last year. We are used to winning. So predicting losses is very hard to do. I don't see us losing to anyone next year. Am I going to be wrong? Almost definitely. This is a Packer forum. Of course there is going to be confident fans. Calling someone a homer on their team's forum is moronic. Just saying.
I came on here because the Packers are my second favorite franchise. Cant say I know much about them because I cant catch many of your games but still I respect the most storied franchise in the NFL and have a genuine liking for them and their fans. And as to not being able to see yourself losing to anybody you are just setting yourself up for disappointment every year. You basically guarantee a SB win when you say that. But not here to argue about that. Good day to you all. JUST SAYING. :p

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Too early to predict.

Who knows?

Did anyone really see the 49ers going 13-3? Or the Texans, Lions, and Broncos making the playoffs?

We don't really know what's going to happen, let's leave it to that, and pray and hope for the best, after all that's all you can do as a fan, is hope.

My biggest prediction of 2012 is RGIII will be a bust and the Redskins will win 6 or less games. That's easier to live up to then predicting the correct outcome of 16 games ROFL

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Too early to predict.

Who knows?

Did anyone really see the 49ers going 13-3? Or the Texans, Lions, and Broncos making the playoffs?

We don't really know what's going to happen, let's leave it to that, and pray and hope for the best, after all that's all you can do as a fan, is hope.

My biggest prediction of 2012 is RGIII will be a bust and the Redskins will win 6 or less games. That's easier to live up to then predicting the correct outcome of 16 games ROFL

RG3 starts his career in New Orleans.:D

Of course I should not laugh since the Colts start in Chicago but the Bears won't have an offseason of pent of bounty agony ready to unleash on some poor rookie.

And yes as fans all we can do is hope. I got too cocky with GB last year. :laugh:

There are 3 GOATS in the league; Matt Flynn, Aaron Rodgers and Andrew "has no weaknesses per Warren Moon" Luck.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
RG3 starts his career in New Orleans.:D

Of course I should not laugh since the Colts start in Chicago but the Bears won't have an offseason of pent of bounty agony ready to unleash on some poor rookie.

And yes as fans all we can do is hope. I got too cocky with GB last year. :laugh:

There are 3 GOATS in the league; Matt Flynn, Aaron Rodgers and Andrew "has no weaknesses per Warren Moon" Luck.

But Luck is not in the position they put RGIII in.

That may be hard to say, but the Colts didn't trade all those draft picks for him.

I say if Luck has an average rookie season, and don't come out slinging 30 touchdowns right away, then it's OK...

RGIII has the world to live up to because Synder and Shanahan thought it was a genius move to go dump a bunch of draft picks to the Rams for a kid that has not played a single top tier defense in college. The Saints defense is riddled with problems, but he's more than likely going to look clueless out there. Unlike Newton, RGIII didn't gain his experience from beating top tier ranked defenses in the S.E.C..

The way I see it, if the Rams have a playoff team built in the next 5 years and are constantly making the playoffs, possibly Super Bowl contenders, and even if RGIII puts the Skins to 8-8, he still fails because sadly he has to live up to all those draft picks they traded for him.

This is the modern day Ricky Williams. They say Ricky Williams is or was a good RB, but same happened to him. He had a lot to live up to down here, but his ego also was his downfall. Watching Ricky Williams play in New Orleans, I always found him waste, because Deuce McAllister got the yards, made big plays, and on top of that, he didn't fumble the ball.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
In Peyton's rookie season he had Marshall Faulk, Marvin Harrison, Ken Dilger and a better o line with a LT who made multiple pro bowls later. And we won 3 games.

If these Colts had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison I might feel A LOT more comfortable lmao.

But, then again I kinda think Luck is more a leader then Manning was in 1998. This would get me killed on the Colts forums for saying that. He absolutely sounds like he knows what situation he is getting himself in replacing Manning and the state of the team. The kid is intelligent. And quiet. And he has already worked with Tom Moore for a while too. He praises everyone around him. He seems a bit more shy to me then Peyton ever did.

However, the new head coach is from Baltimore. I am not sure if he is more fixated on improving the defense asap or the offense in this draft. The D actually seems to have more talented pieces in it with Freeney (if he stays), Mathis, Bethea, Angerer. And a few dudes from Baltimore signed in FA.

The offense needs more weapons then Reggie Wayne and the always questionable Austin Collie (concussions). And there is another receiver we signed but I forgot his name. (edit: Donnie Avery) We literally don't even HAVE a tight end right now worth talking about. The RBs are average at best. The o line is young.

But, I am strangely optimistic for some reason......

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
No and he is not as cocky either. RG3 is practically already a celebrity in DC. RG3 is everywhere.

Luck arrived at the airport a few days ago by himself and some dorks welcomed him:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-rgiii-soars/2012/04/23/gIQA3dsDcT_blog.html

Wherever RG3 lands he probably has a marching band waiting for him.

Yep RGIII is so good he couldn't even throw at the combine when they were bragging about his speed.

Just know the Skins gave up too much for him, and right now their fan base is jam packed with band wagonners. Should listen to them brag about how he's the next Joe Cool. I kid you not! A month ago they were predicting 3 Super Bowls. :roflmao:

RGIII will be drafted in the next 16 hours and according to Skins fans he is already better than Mark Rypien who won them a Super Bowl lol

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yep RGIII is so good he couldn't even throw at the combine when they were bragging about his speed.

Just know the Skins gave up too much for him, and right now their fan base is jam packed with band wagonners. Should listen to them brag about how he's the next Joe Cool. I kid you not! A month ago they were predicting 3 Super Bowls. :roflmao:

RGIII will be drafted in the next 16 hours and according to Skins fans he is already better than Mark Rypien who won them a Super Bowl lol

I can't even sleep right now since I am so excited for the draft. I guess its good I don't have to do anything tomorrow lol.

Luck is so different to me then Peyton was in 1998 but people try to find comparisons. We are comparing a quiet nerd from Stanford to an outgoing Southern boy?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh and for an added bonus. This years wonderlic scores for the QBs.

Andrew Luck - 37
Ryan Lindley - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Nick Foles - 29
Russell Wilson - 28
Brandon Weeden - 27
Kellen Moore - 26
Brock Osweiler - 25
Robert Griffin III - 24

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts