Very Early 2012 Predictions

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the schedule coming out today, what are your early impressions on the season?

I got 13-3 with losses to Houston, Lions, Giants.

cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sun, Sept. 9 – San Fran W
Thurs, Sept. 13 – Chi W
Mon, Sept. 24 - @ Sea W
Sun, Sept. 30 – New Orleans W
Sun, Oct. 7 - @ Indy W
Sun, Oct. 14 - @ Hou L
Sun, Oct. 21 - @ St. Louis W
Sun, Oct. 28 – Jac W
Sun, Nov. 4 – Ari W
Sun, Nov. 11 – bye
Sun, Nov. 18 - @ Det L
Sun, Nov. 25 - @ NYG L
Sun, Dec. 2 – Min W
Sun, Dec. 9 – Det W
Sun, Dec. 16 - @ Chi L
Sun, Dec. 23 – Ten W
Sun, Dec . 30 - @ Min W

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the schedule coming out today, what are your early impressions on the season?

I got 13-3 with losses to Houston, Lions, Giants.

The 49ers could beat them too.... its way too early to tell.
Just get a playoff birth is all first 16 games are about.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I predict we run the table. Everyone talks about how much better everyone else has gotten. Our O will be improved over last season. I belive our D will Improve. We will certainly know after the first 4 games how good we are.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense won't be nearly as good as last season, defense won't give up as many yards but about the same amount of points I'm guessing.

12-4 season. Losses at Chicago, at Detroit, Saints, and a random surprise fluke loss.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with 12-4.

Thurs, Sept. 13 – Chi W
Mon, Sept. 24 - @ Sea W
Sun, Sept. 30 – New Orleans L
Sun, Oct. 7 - @ Indy W
Sun, Oct. 14 - @ Hou L
Sun, Oct. 28 – Jac W
Sun, Nov. 4 – Ari W
Sun, Nov. 11 – bye
Sun, Nov. 18 - @ Det L
Sun, Nov. 25 - @ NYG W
Sun, Dec. 2 – Min W
Sun, Dec. 9 – Det W
Sun, Dec. 16 - @ Chi L
Sun, Dec. 23 – Ten W
Sun, Dec . 30 - @ Min W

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4

Sun, Sept. 9 – San Fran L
Thurs, Sept. 13 – Chi W
Mon, Sept. 24 - @ Sea W
Sun, Oct. 7 - @ Indy W
Sun, Oct. 14 - @ Hou L
Sun, Oct. 28 – Jac W
Sun, Nov. 4 – Ari W
Sun, Nov. 11 – bye
Sun, Nov. 18 - @ Det L
Sun, Nov. 25 - @ NYG W
Sun, Dec. 2 – Min W
Sun, Dec. 9 – Det W
Sun, Dec. 16 - @ Chi L
Sun, Dec. 23 – Ten W
Sun, Dec . 30 - @ Min W

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
A-Rod and Clay Matthews pop for roids then the classiness of our franchise goes away. Which ends up leading us to a 7-9 record due to suspensions and mayhem lol.

But if that doesn't happy I predict 11-5 as of right now.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we stay hot at the end of the season like we did for our Super Bowl run, so 10-6 would be just fine with me. I would love to go 13-3, but we just have to go into the playoffs on fire again and 10 wins seems to be the number to get you in the playoffs in recent years.

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Losses to the Giants and Bears? If we're going to be ready for any team on that schedule it will be them. Also, the Giants always implode after a Championship. You guys are seriously giving the Lions more credit than they deserve as well. They're the Lions for godsake. No way we lose to Houston either. They're going to get so beat up before they even face us. I'm not predicting an undefeated season, but I see a loss coming where it's not expected (like KC).

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Losses to the Giants and Bears? If we're going to be ready for any team on that schedule it will be them. Also, the Giants always implode after a Championship. You guys are seriously giving the Lions more credit than they deserve as well. They're the Lions for godsake. No way we lose to Houston either. They're going to get so beat up before they even face us. I'm not predicting an undefeated season, but I see a loss coming where it's not expected (like KC).

Lions are a good team+ there a division game, anything can happen in a division game...

Reaction score
14-2 ( but still hoping on a 16-0 season )

Thurs, Sept. 13 – Chi W
Mon, Sept. 24 - @ Sea W
Sun, Oct. 7 - @ Indy W
Sun, Oct. 14 - @ Hou W
Sun, Oct. 28 – Jac W
Sun, Nov. 4 – Ari W
Sun, Nov. 11 – bye
Sun, Nov. 18 - @ Det L
Sun, Nov. 25 - @ NYG W
Sun, Dec. 2 – Min W
Sun, Dec. 9 – Det W
Sun, Dec. 16 - @ Chi L
Sun, Dec. 23 – Ten W
Sun, Dec . 30 - @ Min W

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense won't be nearly as good as last season, defense won't give up as many yards but about the same amount of points I'm guessing.

12-4 season. Losses at Chicago, at Detroit, Saints, and a random surprise fluke loss.

Why do you think our offense won't be as good? Remember that last year was TJ Lang and Marshall Newhouse's first year as starters. So last year our entire left side of our OL was new. In addition, I would expect young players such as James Starks, Randall Cobb, Bryan Bulaga, Jermichael Finley, etc. to be improved. Not to mention that I think offseason OTA will help.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Why do you think our offense won't be as good? Remember that last year was TJ Lang and Marshall Newhouse's first year as starters. So last year our entire left side of our OL was new. In addition, I would expect young players such as James Starks, Randall Cobb, Bryan Bulaga, Jermichael Finley, etc. to be improved. Not to mention that I think offseason OTA will help.

I don't know. Maybe some feel it was so crazy good last year that the odds favor it to decline a tad. Nothing alarming though. I think most would probably prefer to see more balance. A better defense to help out the offense.

On the plus side I can't imagine the D being ranked dead last in the NFC again all year. Odds favor it to improve. You can't get any worse.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

History says it won't.

It was the 6th best offense of all time. Traditionally when teams do that well their is a drop off the following season.

Also look at great QB seasons. They have a "down year" the following traditionally.

Maybe we go more run, maybe we don't get as many turnovers for the offense to score some easy points. I don't know how it will happen, but I am fairly confident we won't have as good of an offense points wise.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind a down year for Rodgers this season could still be pretty darn good.. I would rather it be an up year for the defense though and then Rodgers beasts out in the playoffs on everyone and the whole team comes together at the right time.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
On the flip side though Rodgers is only 28 so at his age history still favors him beast out again. However, he might have some declining numbers. Not sure anyone would care though if his numbers go down and the defense improves and goes back to 2010 levels.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the teams in nfl history with elite offenses, they almost never win the Superbowl.

Several reasons for that, but we could very well have a less dominate year and win another Lombardi

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Look at the teams in nfl history with elite offenses, they almost never win the Superbowl.

Several reasons for that, but we could very well have a less dominate year and win another Lombardi

Which is why I am sorta hoping the Packers pull a 2005-2006 Colts. And the similarities for me were so eery around playoff time.

Pats came close though last year to winning it all with a crap D and awesome O. Colts did it in 2006 too but that D IMO was a top 15 defense when Bob Sanders was playing and he only played a few in the regular season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I read all of these posts, I was already in the realm of thinking 12-4. It's possible but not likely the offense will be as explosive as last season. It's also possible but not likely that the defense will be as bad. I think that we'll go 3-1 to start the season with any of those being a possible loss. I can definitely see the Texans being a tough game and the back-to-back road games against the Lions and Giants. Guaranteed losses? Hardly. This thread is about guesses and I'd wager more money on someone predicted 12-4 versus another 15-1 or 14-2 season. I hope that I'm wrong though

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
13-3

Thurs, Sept. 13 – Chi W
Mon, Sept. 24 - @ Sea W
Sun, Oct. 7 - @ Indy W
Sun, Oct. 14 - @ Hou L
Sun, Oct. 28 – Jac W
Sun, Nov. 4 – Ari W
Sun, Nov. 11 – bye
Sun, Nov. 18 - @ Det L
Sun, Nov. 25 - @ NYG W
Sun, Dec. 2 – Min W
Sun, Dec. 9 – Det W
Sun, Dec. 16 - @ Chi L
Sun, Dec. 23 – Ten W
Sun, Dec . 30 - @ Min W

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
So many calling a loss to Houston. No just no. Don't lose to them. Please.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts