Updates on players being cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe they have updated in the meantime but spotrac has the total of the Packers active contracts at $123.4 million and the cap space at $6.7 million.

Reaction score
Wholly Shananigans Batman! It looks like the statisticians vs the accountants in here! ( ;

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

:whistling: So ?.......how is the weather where you are at the moment ? Its been lovely here today. Not a cloud in the sky....lovely

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yup, they must've just updated it. It looks like we were both wrong as the actual space is not $8 million, it's less than $7 million.

Spotrac does have some players on injured reserve though the Packers have reached an injury settlement with, so the cap space will actually be pretty close to the number I 've posted all along.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spotrac has indeed updated the information. This would be the results if you would only include the guys who are still on IR (so the actual cap space will be less due to injury settlements). If we calculate the space for next year, we see that we don't have much space next year. That is quite troublesome since guys like Cobb and Bulaga are free agents.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, I looked up your draft guesses. Now I see why you don't want to want to consider draft information when addressing my credibility. Your guesses were quite amusing Mr. 0/20
Guesses. Anything dealing with draft, 75 cut down, and/or final 53 are GUESSES... so now we're attacking other's credibility or lack of based on guesses? These are supposed to be "fun" predictions and opinions, not tools for judging others.

FWIW ~ I was active in a different forum prior/during the draft and I tied for 1st place with my guesses. My winning 1 correct was 7th rounder Janis. Pre-draft guessing games help keep us involved, analyzing potential players and our favorite team's needs & wants... let's keep things fun, please.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Spotrac has indeed updated the information. This would be the results if you would only include the guys who are still on IR (so the actual cap space will be less due to injury settlements). If we calculate the space for next year, we see that we don't have much space next year. That is quite troublesome since guys like Cobb and Bulaga are free agents.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Did you count Tramon Williams?
I think it's very safe to assume that if the Packers re-sign Bulaga, then Sherrod will not be on the roster. You're also assuming that Perry, Neal and Peppers will all be here which imo is very unlikely.

Edit: what I'm saying is that some of the guys with million plus salaries will either be released, traded or re-worked.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are pretty good at reading an article, so maybe you get this one right. It's when you start predicting things like draft picks where the problems come in. But I'm already being threatened with a ban so I can't respond to you anymore.

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

Personal Attacks:
We have had a rash of situations pop up that should be addressed again.

We are not going to tolerate name calling or personal attacks on other people just because you disagree with their point of view.

Ignore feature:

The Packer Forum has an "ignore" feature which allows forum members to put others (excluding moderators and admins) on an ignore list which will cause you not to be able to view the posts/ comments of those whom you have on your ignore list.

It is highly recommended to use the ignore feature in the event of a conflict to avoid unnecessary fighting and subsequent moderation of threads and disciplinary actions against those involved. Motto: In times of conflict, the ignore feature is your friend.

As always, mods are always available to resolve a conflict, but the mod will 1st recommend is ignore feature.

We are all adults and not babysitters. So do not be surprised if we start taking more drastic measures when posters can not seem to get along.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you count Tramon Williams?
I think it's very safe to assume that if the Packers re-sign Bulaga, then Sherrod will not be on the roster. You're also assuming that Perry, Neal and Peppers will all be here which imo is very unlikely.

Edit: what I'm saying is that some of the guys with million plus salaries will either be released, traded or re-worked.

Obviously I didn't count Tramon Williams because he is a free agent. I think that packers will try to sign the cheaper and younger Davon House to a new deal at the end of the year. But we will see how that works out. Signing Tramon to a new deal is obviously an option.

I was not implying that we huge cap troubles. I was implying that our cap situation will force us to take some very difficult decisions next year. We either have to release or restructure some guys or we will have to let some very valuable players walk.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously I didn't count Tramon Williams because he is a free agent. I think that packers will try to sign the cheaper and younger Davon House to a new deal at the end of the year. But we will see how that works out. Signing Tramon to a new deal is obviously an option.

I was not implying that we huge cap troubles. I was implying that our cap situation will force us to take some very difficult decisions next year. We either have to release or restructure some guys or we will have to let some very valuable players walk.
Yup, just like every off-season. Being an NFL general manager is not an easy job. We are pretty flush at certain positions and I could definitely see trades taking place either before the late October trading deadline or prior to the 2015 free agency opening.
I would be really, really surprised if Tramon Williams is even made a contract offer by us next spring.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yup, just like every off-season. Being an NFL general manager is not an easy job. We are pretty flush at certain positions and I could definitely see trades taking place either before the late October trading deadline or prior to the 2015 free agency opening.
I would be really, really surprised if Tramon Williams is even made a contract offer by us next spring.

Who knows. Maybe Finley will be back for the late season push. Sounds like his insurance policy isn't as clear cut as thought.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe. The Packers medical staff did clear Sean Richardson with his neck injury.
I'm sure somebody will ask me if I'm a doctor, if I've actually SEEN the X-rays or treated these players ~ I haven't!

The neck is made-up of 7 bones, with C1 (Atlas) at the base of the skull, C2 below it down to C7. C2 fractures are known as "hangman's fractures" as that's where hanged person's necks commonly break. C3, C4 & C5 not only have the spinal cord but also the Phrenic nerve which controls breathing. Richardson's fusion was C5-C6, towards the lower part of the neck. Peyton Manning's fusion is being kept very vague, but because of the arm weakness it's thought to be a C6-C7 fusion.

Fusion surgery joins the 2 bones together giving that area more stability, but it also places more strain on the vertebrae above and below.

Finley's fusion was C3-C4, much closer to the skull and right where the phrenic nerve is. It also places much more strain on C2 and C5. A hard hit causing more damage to his vertebrae/spine could easily leave Finley paralyzed and on a ventilator or worse ... he won't be back in the NFL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts