Updates on players being cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Gray, Myles White, Hubbard cut. It seems like there will be some surprising guys making the 53.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
@TomSilverstein: Was just told that #Packers have released WR Kevin Dorsey, leaving them with 5 WRs.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd sure like to know exactly what in the hell Brad Jones does or has done, to warrant keeping him around.
He might be a great photographer and knows a few family members, some more intimate than others?
;)
He outplayed Hubbard and Palmer is hurt. Not much competition at his position. Hold fast the day isn't over yet.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hubbard and Palmer are OLB's, Brad Jones is an ILB. Sorry to see Hubbard go, I liked the idea of a 6'-6" rookie training behind 6'-7" Peppers :( Hopefully PS for Hubbard...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Gillett, Rolle and Banjo all cut. Not happy with any of that.

Yeah if Goodson makes roster it has me scratching my head. I mean we didn't see practices but I thought Rolle out-performed him in games hands down.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sometimes pays off being a TT draft pick instead of a TT UDFA.

That appears to be the case here and I don't agree with it at all. I can understand Bradford as he is a 4th rounder and just got moved inside where I think he should of started camp but this guy is a 7th round converted basketball player and has looked horrible at times. Rolle has way more upside IMO.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw that Cincinnati just cut DT Devon Still!! - 6'-5", 320 lb'er. Was a 4-3 DT for them but wonder if he'd help plug-up our middle?

*** Edit *** Just saw that he wanted to retire this summer to spend time with his 4 yr. old daughter, dying of cancer. He needs to stay in Cincy with her, won't be any good to GB even if we wanted him. :(

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is why it was shocking that he parted with Worthy as early as he did. He held onto Justin Harrell until the guy couldn't breathe anymore, or something. That was ridiculous.
I suspect there is more to the Worthy situation than we know.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd sure like to know exactly what in the hell Brad Jones does or has done, to warrant keeping him around.

He was a great backup. They made him a starter. I blame coaching. Then they gave him too big of a contract to cut. He should be primary backup at all 4 spots, not starter at any of them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He was a great backup. They made him a starter. I blame coaching. Then they gave him too big of a contract to cut. He should be primary backup at all 4 spots, not starter at any of them.
Coming around to that view too now. Really isn't durable enough to be the starter. Like Starks, a great spot player.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good point. He isn't flat-out terrible, but he's just "a guy". I could say the same about Hawk and a good number of other TT picks on the defensive side. Other than Nick Collins and Clay Matthews ... I'm not sure who I'd call bonafide, true difference-maker, game-changers out of all of his defensive draft picks. Ya know? I'm sure I'm missing someone else, but just saying.

H

HardRightEdge

I can not believe Banjo and Rolle get cut and freaking goodson is still on the team. Something doesn't add up
I'm still reading to the bottom of the posts, but Banjo and Rolle being depth casualties does not surprise me, as copiously opined in recent days. Both should be PS eligible. Maybe by the time I get the bottom of of this thread I'll see that Goodson is gone as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Myles White tweeted that "god is good" I can't believe they are keeping him.
This was predicted in some quarters. By me, for instance. There are very good reasons to keep him, laid out in another thread. We'll see if it's official.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was predicted in some quarters. By me, for instance. There are very good reasons to keep him, laid out in another thread. We'll see if it's official.
He didn't make the team. Janis did, which was predicted in some quarters... by me, for instance. ;)

Members online

Latest posts