Deleted member 6794

First three guys that have been cut:

CB Ryan White
RB Michael Hill
RB LaDarius Perkins

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
links should provided (if possible or the source) so we dont have people doubting anything

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
giving them time to find other teams. CB and RB are stacked and pretty much decided on, IMO. Rolle and Banjo are sure to make the team...Again IMO.

Reason being more obvious for the RB position. We have a star #1 , and two former starters we were pretty confident about at the time. I was at least:) I would have been happy to have Hill or Perkins for #3 in years past.

Our secondary is stacked with young tallent, top to bottom. But we cant forget the lack of secondary depth and production in recent years. With our high powered offense we were attacked deep and we didnt have the personel (any way we stacked it) to counter it...Injuries to Hayward, and house were critical to our ability to stop a good QB. Now everyone is healthy and IMO playing well. Doesnt change that we would have begged or stolen either Banjo or Rolle during those lean times... Banjo is a bruiser, and like many young bruisers, his season was cut short by injury. Now healthy, he seems to be finishing his tackles with an exclamation point. Rolle is a raw but tallented young CB. Only getting better with time. We have to give him more time... IMO With Williams deal coming up, we need to stockpile talent in our secondary. Gives us options at the negotiating table.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 QBs?....... Dictated by talent at other positions I'm sure. cause both are keepers. imo.
will flynn even get picked up by another team??? could be at home on call...?
I think Tolzein would be picked up by another team before Flynn is.........

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
McGinn's article today talks about the cuts. He makes the case for Tolzien as the backup QB
There is little to separate Tolzien from the dogged Flynn in most categories, but for now the former Badger has the edge in decision-making, accuracy, arm strength, feel for the rush and speed as a runner.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-2-quarterback-job-b99340886z1-273283611.html

I think it makes sense to keep both Tolzien and Flynn. Ordinarily, if the top two QBs go down a team is done. That's not the case this year in Green Bay so I hope they keep both.

BTW, I thought Perkins showed more than Hill against KC.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
AP
The Packers are looking likely to enter the season with just one backup for Aaron Rodgers.

The club isn’t expected to keep both Scott Tolzien or Matt Flynn on the 53-player roster, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reported Saturday. In short, the Packers are likely to decide between Flynn and Tolzien.

The 26-year-old Tolzien would be subject to waivers. He has practice squad eligibility. Flynn, 29, would be free to immediately sign elsewhere if released.

Tolzien had a strong preseason, completing 38-of-56 passes for 477 yards and three TDs with no interceptions. However, Flynn has risen to the occasion in relief of Rodgers throughout his career. What’s more, Flynn outplayed Tolzien in the 2013 regular season.

In all, both quarterbacks could very well end up on NFL rosters this season. But both won’t be on Green Bay’s 53-player roster, it appears.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a tough decision. Flynn was the best back up in the league when he got his shots. Pryor beat him out in Oakland??? And didnt the bills cut him or some chiz??? so was his all time greenbay record game for passing yards and passing TDs a fluke? Or is oakland and buffalo not able to tap into the talent? With the mentality of knowing he is lucky to be here as Rodgers backup, he could be the safer, better plan... TOUGH CALL!

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess I don't feel as bad now on some bad draft pick...

Another miss for the Pats at WR. 2013 4th-rounder. RT@MikeReiss: The Patriots have informed WR Josh Boyce that he has been waived.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a tough decision. Flynn was the best back up in the league when he got his shots. Pryor beat him out in Oakland??? And didnt the bills cut him or some chiz??? so was his all time greenbay record game for passing yards and passing TDs a fluke? Or is oakland and buffalo not able to tap into the talent? With the mentality of knowing he is lucky to be here as Rodgers backup, he could be the safer, better plan... TOUGH CALL!

Most likely a fluke game that got him paid nicely in FA. Had arm issues from what I heard and was the reason he was outplayed and cut. He fit our system and saved last year but Scott is more talented by all I've seen/read.

Ted might be trying to trade one to Rams for a late round pick at this point. Flynn would do well there if not just for security for their backup now starter.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I rather have Scott there...He has the better arm--he just needed off season to help learn the system.

Will be interesting

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade to Rams would be great.
I dont believe it was a fluke. Flynn out played a 2nd round pick to win the back up spot. Gave McCarthy and Thompson enough confidence to go 2 QBs deep for alot of years. Rodgers called the plays the first half of the record breaking game. McCarthy called the second half, and had to produce to not be shown up by his QB. Add to that Stafford and Megatron had career best days, and Flynn beat them...Flynn earned his opportunity to start, and didnt translate in their systems. Which are proven disfunctional. Arm injury maybe. Despite the failure to launch Oakland or the Bills out of the trenches. Flynn, Rodgers, McCarthy, and Thompson have an old history... Cant knock Flynn for going 11 of 13 in the first half before Russel Wilson the reigning superbowl MVP took his job in Seattle.
Maybe we can pick up where we left off with Flynn, and have a career backup for Rodgers?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to think its going to be Scott and I am not convinced anyone will pick Flynn up. I think if god forbid he is needed he will be a phone call away.

Members online