UEFA Champions League

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Watched the Arsenal-Dortmund game last night (didnt fancy standing in the monsoon at the Molineux). And what I saw was pure suicide by Arsene Wenger's team. Dortmunds tactics were simple, they always are - Press, Press, Press, force your opposition into mistakes. Damn, Klopp could have texted Wenger his tactics before the game and Arsene's boys still wouldnt have done anything about it. Arsenal were lazy, lacked movement, and made it easy for Dortmund. Easy way of beating Dortmund? Make the pitch as big as possible, and Arsenal failed to do that miserably, 'tik-tak' football in their own half, Dortumund will chase that down all day long, and they did - first goal.

Real naivety by Arsenal last night, they might be able to get away with it in the Premier League, but Europes biggest stage is not a place where you can hide.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watched the Arsenal-Dortmund game last night (didnt fancy standing in the monsoon at the Molineux). And what I saw was pure suicide by Arsene Wenger's team. Dortmunds tactics were simple, they always are - Press, Press, Press, force your opposition into mistakes. Damn, Klopp could have texted Wenger his tactics before the game and Arsene's boys still wouldnt have done anything about it. Arsenal were lazy, lacked movement, and made it easy for Dortmund. Easy way of beating Dortmund? Make the pitch as big as possible, and Arsenal failed to do that miserably, 'tik-tak' football in their own half, Dortumund will chase that down all day long, and they did - first goal.

Real naivety by Arsenal last night, they might be able to get away with it in the Premier League, but Europes biggest stage is not a place where you can hide.

Yeah, I watched it too. Arsenal looked disoriented and confused a lot of the time. When they got near Dortmund's penalty area they ended up giving the ball away a lot on weak passes too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
FCB up by two at the half with Mueller and Goetze held in reserve. :tup: If it wasn't for some acrobatic saves by Pilzen's goalie, this would be 4 or 5 to nil already.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
5 - 0 Bayern! They took it easy on the Czechs. :whistling: I honestly think Pep has improved the ball handling and passing skills of the veteran Bayern players. They are much more in control now and even using great footwork to get around defenders. Goetze came in and assisted on one goal and scored another. For a young kid, he has mad skills. :tup::tup::tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 - 0 Bayern! They took it easy on the Czechs. :whistling: I honestly think Pep has improved the ball handling and passing skills of the veteran Bayern players. They are much more in control now and even using great footwork to get around defenders. Goetze came in and assisted on one goal and scored another. For a young kid, he has mad skills. :tup::tup::tup:
Bayern is damn fine at the moment, impressive.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern were playing Petr Cech's hometown club, looks as thought they could have done with him. :D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Part way through the match I was wondering if the Plzen knew they were allowed to play on BOTH halves of the field. :D

I would not take too much from the game Croak, its the same as the Pack playing a college team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, Bayern moves on as expected with Manchester City in their group. I wonder how good Man City will be?

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England

Do you think Wenger read this? LOL.
Arsenal were superb last night, defended their goal like Arsenal of the 90's, Dortmund could have still been playing now and still not scored, and they lookdd dangerous on the counter too.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Finally a win for my MCFC vs FC Bayern. It wasn't enough to take the group, but I am pleased anyway.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
We had a little snow storm here and were cut off from the outside world for about half the day. I missed the game. The articles said Bayern looked complacent during the game. Maybe they were too busy worrying about Hamburg. :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a little snow storm here and were cut off from the outside world for about half the day. I missed the game. The articles said Bayern looked complacent during the game. Maybe they were too busy worrying about Hamburg. :eek:

I stopped watching after Bayern scored the second goal because I thought this is going to be another boring and easy Bayern win ;)
Think they were saving energies for the Bundesliga and their "tough challenge" against HSV :cautious::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I stopped watching after Bayern scored the second goal because I thought this is going to be another boring and easy Bayern win ;)
Think they were saving energies for the Bundesliga and their "tough challenge" against HSV :cautious::D

Yep, no team wins every game forever. It's gonna stop sometime. Maybe HSV will be the ones. :unsure::cautious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts