UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This Man U/Real Madrid game is really good. I notice Madrid is fast, has excellent footwork and a lot of stamina. If they advance far enough they might only hold Bayern Munich to 3 or 4 points. ;-)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This Man U/Real Madrid game is really good. I notice Madrid is fast, has excellent footwork and a lot of stamina. If they advance far enough they might only hold Bayern Munich to 3 or 4 points. ;-)

Don't wish for something you might get, are you sure you want to reach another Champions League Final so soon after the last one? No home advantage next time.:p;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should root for ManU, PackerFan71 ;)
If Real wont win the Championship Mourinho will be sacked immediately - or at least after this season.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You should root for ManU, PackerFan71 ;)
If Real wont win the Championship Mourinho will be sacked immediately - or at least after this season.

Mmmmm thats asking alot nessie to be honest, on the face of it i like ManU winning as much as you like Werder Bremen winning.:eek: Also would be nice if Jose beat them again might make Abramovich want to hire him again even more.:notworthy: But there is something correct in your line thinking deffo, either way i think even if Real won the CL (i have my doubts) Jose is out. Player power and they are a mile behind Barca in the league.

Like the Fergie quote hes 100% on that one.:tup: i felt the burn in 2008:(

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmmmm thats asking alot nessie to be honest, on the face of it i like ManU winning as much as you like Werder Bremen winning.:eek: Also would be nice if Jose beat them again might make Abramovich want to hire him again even more.:notworthy: But there is something correct in your line thinking deffo, either way i think even if Real won the CL (i have my doubts) Jose is out. Player power and they are a mile behind Barca in the league.

Like the Fergie quote hes 100% on that one.:tup: i felt the burn in 2008:(

:eek: Ups, please forget my silly idea, must admit that I didnt know that there's a serious rivalry between Chelsea and ManU.:confused:
Well as you wrote and whatever will happen in two weeks when they play the second leg - Jose wont keep his job at Real Madrid. If they wont sack him he will quit. ;)

Thought you might ! I just read an article about him in our German Football Magazine "Kicker" and they had some nice quotes there. He's 71 now - wow !
2008 was a tough loss for every Chelsea fan.
I know what you might have felt because I felt the same sitting on my seat at Craven Cottage and watching all the Fulham fans celebrating the 2-1 win against Hamburg.
We missed the final the second year in a row - terrible. :(
But different from Hamburg Chelsea finally won their Championship ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:eek: Ups, please forget my silly idea, must admit that I didnt know that there's a serious rivalry between Chelsea and ManU.:confused:
Well as you wrote and whatever will happen in two weeks when they play the second leg - Jose wont keep his job at Real Madrid. If they wont sack him he will quit. ;)

Thought you might ! I just read an article about him in our German Football Magazine "Kicker" and they had some nice quotes there. He's 71 now - wow !
2008 was a tough loss for every Chelsea fan.
I know what you might have felt because I felt the same sitting on my seat at Craven Cottage and watching all the Fulham fans celebrating the 2-1 win against Hamburg.
We missed the final the second year in a row - terrible. :(
But different from Hamburg Chelsea finally won their Championship ;)

Northern clubs dont like Southern clubs, a bit like Hamburg and Bayern. Liverpool also don't like us either but its mutual. Mostly because of the Goal that never was CL Semi final a few years back. A flag in 2008 CL Final made me laugh ''SCOUSE FREE ZONE'':D Yep im pretty sure Jose will leave Real soon he's been making noises of that nature.
I admire Ferguson even though hes ManU's coach he is a force of nature plus the fact hes Scottish. They will be in trouble when he eventually retires.
Fulham BOOOO! i wish you had won! yep we all know the feeling the word sick did not even cover it, i had to turn the TV off instantly. One kick away from winning soo bad.:( Last year was a consolation prize for 2008 and a nice one for CFC.:)
Separated at birth? Nathan Ake and Ruud Gullit.:confused:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Northern clubs dont like Southern clubs, a bit like Hamburg and Bayern. Liverpool also don't like us either but its mutual. Mostly because of the Goal that never was CL Semi final a few years back. A flag in 2008 CL Final made me laugh ''SCOUSE FREE ZONE'':D Yep im pretty sure Jose will leave Real soon he's been making noises of that nature.
I admire Ferguson even though hes ManU's coach he is a force of nature plus the fact hes Scottish. They will be in trouble when he eventually retires.
Fulham BOOOO! i wish you had won! yep we all know the feeling the word sick did not even cover it, i had to turn the TV off instantly. One kick away from winning soo bad.:( Last year was a consolation prize for 2008 and a nice one for CFC.:)
Separated at birth? Nathan Ake and Ruud Gullit.:confused:
Hmmmm, looks more like father and son. Do we know if Ruud Gullit has ever met Nathan's mother ?:D

The year before Fulham we played the UEFA Cup semi finals against Bremen. First leg away in Bremen, we won 1-0.
I was sure that we would win the second leg at home and afraid that there wont be enough available flight tickets so I bought me and my wife non-refundable flight tickets and a hotel for Istanbul where the final took place.
Well, we lost at home 2-3, were eleminated and I've never been in Istanbul so far :rolleyes:
Silly, I know - but I just wanted to be there with my team.;)
I hope one day there will be a consolation prize for us Hamburg Fans as well.....:)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmm, looks more like father and son. Do we know if Ruud Gullit has ever met Nathan's mother ?:D

The year before Fulham we played the UEFA Cup semi finals against Bremen. First leg away in Bremen, we won 1-0.
I was sure that we would win the second leg at home and afraid that there wont be enough available flight tickets so I bought me and my wife non-refundable flight tickets and a hotel for Istanbul where the final took place.
Well, we lost at home 2-3, were eleminated and I've never been in Istanbul so far :rolleyes:
Silly, I know - but I just wanted to be there with my team.;)
I hope one day there will be a consolation prize for us Hamburg Fans as well....:)

That's funny because that was also my initial thought, both Chelsea ex Feyenoord Defenders who can play in Midfield and also Dutch. A DNA test would be interesting.:D I don't blame you for doing that would have been cool if it worked out.:tup: I can't lie i wanted us to win but knew it was going to be near impossible to pull it off in Munich, when we did it was more of shock than anything. Believe anything can happen!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Arsenal's only goal was by a German from a corner kick off a bogus call by the ref. Didn't like all the yellow cards, but at least Bayern has depth.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nationality matters for little in domestic football, very interesting deserved away win. Bayern have clearly got stronger since last May you can tell (love em or hate em) they are a well run outfit. Im still a bit puzzled by Guardiola's appointment there strange fit, for me they don't need him they are good enough as it is. But who knows it might work out really well for them.

Wenger making ''You will miss me when im gone'' noises sad hes a great coach, a better one than when they were winning silverware it could be argued. But he had serious quality players back then, and they haven't been replaced due to Arsenal's strange recruitment policy. The words ''punching above their weight'' comes to mind.

The chaps at Dassler going all retro.
http://www.footballfashionboutique.com/t-shirts/adidas-retro-chelsea-tee.html
http://www.footballfashionboutique.com/t-shirts/adidas-retro-bayern-munchen-tee.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nationality matters for little in domestic football, very interesting deserved away win. Bayern have clearly got stronger since last May you can tell (love em or hate em) they are a well run outfit. Im still a bit puzzled by Guardiola's appointment there strange fit, for me they don't need him they are good enough as it is. But who knows it might work out really well for them.

Wenger making ''You will miss me when im gone'' noises sad hes a great coach, a better one than when they were winning silverware it could be argued. But he had serious quality players back then, and they haven't been replaced due to Arsenal's strange recruitment policy. The words ''punching above their weight'' comes to mind.

http://www.footballfashionboutique.com/t-shirts/adidas-retro-bayern-munchen-tee.html

I really love the retro style. ! Especially the Chelsea Track Top looks nice.
Im a wondering if the huge adidas Flag Store around the corner does sell those track tops or shirts ?
Maybe I will have a look during my lunch break tomorrow.

Back on CL - indeed a well deserved win by Bayern, looks like they will have a good chance to win the Championship this year.
Best years for Arsenal are over, its time for a change there.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I really love the retro style. ! Especially the Chelsea Track Top looks nice.
Im a wondering if the huge adidas Flag Store around the corner does sell those track tops or shirts ?
Maybe I will have a look during my lunch break tomorrow.

Back on CL - indeed a well deserved win by Bayern, looks like they will have a good chance to win the Championship this year.
Best years for Arsenal are over, its time for a change there.

The Chelsea shirt for me does not quite cut it, (No stripes or blue line on the collar now your talkin'):tup: its like a Le Coq Sportif effort from the 80s not Adidas. However all the other stuff is really box fresh retro gear, hopefully they make a Germany track top. Might be worth a little look to see.:cool:

Not 100% convinced by Bayern to go all the way, i think they could still be in trauma if flashbacks occur.:cautious:
A change might be whats needed at ****, Wenger has been there a long time and no silverware for years. No complaints from me about that though!:)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Chelsea shirt for me does not quite cut it, (No stripes or blue line on the collar now your talkin'):tup: its like a Le Coq Sportif effort from the 80s not Adidas. However all the other stuff is really box fresh retro gear, hopefully they make a Germany track top. Might be worth a little look to see.:cool:

Not 100% convinced by Bayern to go all the way, i think they could still be in trauma if flashbacks occur.:cautious:
A change might be whats needed at ****, Wenger has been there a long time and no silverware for years. No complaints from me about that though!:)

I'm more worried about Dortmund than I am about Chelsea. :sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I told you plenty before CFC would do nothing this year, looks like you believe me now. There are others for you to worry about, don't choke stick the ball in the net you know it makes sense!:whistling:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I told you plenty before CFC would do nothing this year, looks like you believe me now. There are others for you to worry about, don't choke stick the ball in the net you know it makes sense!:whistling:

Well I just fell down the steps. So I'm lying here on the couch getting ready to watch Barca make a Messi of Milan. That guy is scary good too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Jupp even said the same thing. That is that Wenger is a good coach but Arsenal keeps selling quality players rather than buying them.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow...you must be a true Chelsea Fan, you immediately remembered this Le Coq Sportif shirt ? :eek:
Well now it looks like a cheap copy by adidas, booooooo :rolleyes::D
Did not remember that Le Coq Sportif made football jerseys, I only knew them because of the Yannick Noah tennis range.
Very popular in the 80's when I tried to play tennis like Boris :D
They already have a Germany track top, do you know this one ?
http://www.cortexpower.com/Fansport...tschland/Adidas-DFB-RETRO-Beckenbauer-TT.html

Nice signature, inspired me to look for a new signature as well ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow...you must be a true Chelsea Fan, you immediately remembered this Le Coq Sportif shirt ? :eek:
Well now it looks like a cheap copy by adidas, booooooo :rolleyes::D
Did not remember that Le Coq Sportif made football jerseys, I only knew them because of the Yannick Noah tennis range.
Very popular in the 80's when I tried to play tennis like Boris :D
They already have a Germany track top, do you know this one ?
http://www.cortexpower.com/Fansport...tschland/Adidas-DFB-RETRO-Beckenbauer-TT.html

Nice signature, inspired me to look for a new signature as well ;)

I had the 1982 Le Coq Sportif version, got alot of jealous strange looks from Rangers supporting kids at the time who was this mystrious club that has a shirt that looks like ours!?:confused: The brand was not that good it was mostly in UK and France i think. Green looks good! they had the home version also. All white and a thick black band across the middle.
You win i cant compete with all those!:D

Well I just fell down the steps. So I'm lying here on the couch getting ready to watch Barca make a Messi of Milan. That guy is scary good too.

Would normally have favoured Barca but Messi proved himself a bit of a 49er - (whiner) so not really bothered who wins that one to be honest.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Croak, I thought you are a true Bayern fan ? What happened with to your "Mia san Mia" mentality ? :eek:
Usually Bayern doesnt worry about anybody! ;):D
But to be serious: Barca remains my personal top favorite, but there are only a very few teams that can compete.
Beside Bayern I only see ManU and perhaps PSG.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Croak, I thought you are a true Bayern fan ? What happened with to your "Mia san Mia" mentality ? :eek:
Usually Bayern doesnt worry about anybody! ;):D
But to be serious: Barca remains my personal top favorite, but there are only a very few teams that can compete.
Beside Bayern I only see ManU and perhaps PSG.

Thanks for reminding me! Mia san Mia!!:D:D:D

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Good lord, what a waste of a post on Packerforum.com
Who gives one tiny little bunny's behind?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Found this nice little clip about the preparations involved before a CL game.

Members online

Latest posts