UEFA Champions League

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Didnt know that Blackpool was fined for "not fielding the best team" ? :eek:
Of course its debatable if this is "fair play" to other teams in the league but how can you be fined for it ? :cautious:

If memory serves i think Wolves also got into trouble a few years back for resting players possibly a cup game during a relegation scrap, (not sure.) Mourinho's point is about priorities he thinks we have a better chance at the Champions League and he's right. Chelsea field a full strength team against Liverpool for the sake of it win the game then play Atletico wiped out and come 2nd in the League, nah its a dead rubber. Id rather rest the key players and have a better chance of reaching the Champions League Final.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Didnt know that Blackpool was fined for "not fielding the best team" ? :eek:
Of course its debatable if this is "fair play" to other teams in the league but how can you be fined for it ? :cautious:

Who would it not be fair for? I'm guessing the answer would probably be Man City. If Man City wanted to win the title, they should have beat Liverpool.

But who says Liverpool couldn't have a bad day and Chelsea's B squad beats em???

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
But who says Liverpool couldn't have a bad day and Chelsea's B squad beats em???

Succop Suarez misses the easy fieldgoal penalty for the Chiefs' versus Chelsea's B team , and the Chargers Citizens go on to make the playoffs... win the title....

(nah... this stuff doesn't happen). :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Succop Suarez misses the easy fieldgoal penalty for the Chiefs' versus Chelsea's B team , and the Chargers Citizens go on to make the playoffs... win the title....

(nah... this stuff doesn't happen). :D

:roflmao:

Um, I'll just act like I don't know what you are talking about. :p:D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would it not be fair for? I'm guessing the answer would probably be Man City. If Man City wanted to win the title, they should have beat Liverpool.

At the moment its the same discussion here about Bayern, especially after they lost against Augsburg. It obviously that they play their B team and concentrate on the Championsleague since they already won the Deutsche Meisterschaft.
Who complains ? Of course all other teams that had to play them before they won the Championship and even I was a little bit afraid about how they would play in Braunschweig last week.
But hey - I wont complain if they do it against us as well, but they better send their C or D squad because their B squad is by far too strong for us :rolleyes:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
If memory serves i think Wolves also got into trouble a few years back for resting players possibly a cup game during a relegation scrap, (not sure.) Mourinho's point is about priorities he thinks we have a better chance at the Champions League and he's right. Chelsea field a full strength team against Liverpool for the sake of it win the game then play Atletico wiped out and come 2nd in the League, nah its a dead rubber. Id rather rest the key players and have a better chance of reaching the Champions League Final.

We did indeed, recieved a slap on the wrist for resting our first XI in a Capital Cup game at Old Trafford, only to then play our full team against Burnley in a relegation 6 pointer 3 days later.
Mourinho can do what he likes to be honest, he doesnt owe anything to the Premier league, can prioritise however he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Chelsea's "kids" against Liverpool, possible line up:
---------------Hilario------------------
Azpilicueta -- Ivanovic -- Kalas -- Ake
-- Mikel -- Matic -- Lampard --
Schurrle -- Demba Ba -- Salah

Not too shabby, is it?
Only thing that strikes me about that team is the left hand side of the back four, i'd move Ivanovic over the LCB rather than the RCB, as there's a major shortage in experience over on that left hand side. Still plenty good enough to beat the majority of Premier League teams. Rate Matic highly, wins the ball - plays it simple. He's obviously mastered the basics of the game while at Benfica.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It didn't take long for all the worshippers to drop Bayern like a hot potato. http://www.espnfc.com/powerrankings?league=generic&year=2013&week=28&cc=5901&ex_cid=ESPNFC Facebook5
Personally I dont give a sh** about these rankings though I love to read them ;)
There is a good chance that the No 5 and No 4 teams are playing the CL final and not the No 1 and No 3.
And why are the Reds on 2 ? They are playing a very good season but havent won anything important since years....except the League Cup, right? :rolleyes: :cautious:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea's "kids" against Liverpool, possible line up:
---------------Hilario------------------
Azpilicueta -- Ivanovic -- Kalas -- Ake
-- Mikel -- Matic -- Lampard --
Schurrle -- Demba Ba -- Salah

Not too shabby, is it?
Only thing that strikes me about that team is the left hand side of the back four, i'd move Ivanovic over the LCB rather than the RCB, as there's a major shortage in experience over on that left hand side. Still plenty good enough to beat the majority of Premier League teams. Rate Matic highly, wins the ball - plays it simple. He's obviously mastered the basics of the game while at Benfica.

Matic is a really good player now, after an expensive farming period at Benfica. Not bad Wolfie but out of habit id have one more in midfield though. ;) On paper thats good enough of a squad to win most leagues in the world (obvious ones apart.)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Personally I dont give a sh** about these rankings though I love to read them ;)
There is a good chance that the No 5 and No 4 teams are playing the CL final and not the No 1 and No 3.
And why are the Reds on 2 ? They are playing a very good season but havent won anything important since years....except the League Cup, right? :rolleyes: :cautious:

Ratings are a matter of opinion, and that Hislop fellow is welcome to his. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think I'll call "Toast" the name of "Sand in his pants" too. He's so darn slow to react. Oh well. GO CHELSEA!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'll call "Toast" the name of "Sand in his pants" too. He's so darn slow to react. Oh well. GO CHELSEA!
Are you watching Croak ?
I think we have to admit that Real is playing great football, dont you think so ?
Apparently Bayern won the Deutsche Meisterschaft too early, it doesnt help when you only have "friendlies" since weeks.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just turned it off to get some work done around the house. These past few weeks opponents realized they can exploit Boateng and Dante and that's who they've gone after. I would love to see Boateng traded for a quicker defenseman. Dante is slow, but his size is helpful on defense. I don't like Ronaldo. So I'll give credit to Bale and Ramos. I think Ronaldo gets calls just because he's Ronaldo. At least he's a better diver than Robbin.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Apparently Bayern won the Deutsche Meisterschaft too early, it doesnt help when you only have "friendlies" since weeks.

This is a bad omen nessie. They are going to take their frustrations out on HSV.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just turned it off to get some work done around the house. These past few weeks opponents realized they can exploit Boateng and Dante and that's who they've gone after. I would love to see Boateng traded for a quicker defenseman. Dante is slow, but his size is helpful on defense. I don't like Ronaldo. So I'll give credit to Bale and Ramos. I think Ronaldo gets calls just because he's Ronaldo. At least he's a better diver than Robbin.
You dont like Ronaldo Croak ? Welcome to the club ;)
But its not only the defense and Boateng and Dante, since weeks they dont play their best football anymore because they dont have to. Its a pity, I'd like to see a Bayern-Chelsea final but only a miracle can help.

Members online

Latest posts