UEFA Champions League

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thibaut Courtois gets to play afterall. UEFA said that it was not "in the spirit" of fair play to not allow Thibaut Courtois to play even with some sort of financial agreement between Chelsea and Atletico.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The way Cech was holding his arm makes me wonder if he broke a collarbone or separated his shoulder. It looked painful.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaaarg....every time I see Diego, this little a**h**** I'd like to.... :sick::D
In my opinion Chelsea is parking the bus too early though it looks better now so far in the second half...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Come on Chelsea, I want to play the final against Bayern ;)
And btw - great atmosphere...:tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I want to see Chelsea win too. There is something about the grabbiness of Atletico that bugs me. Besides, I'd like to see a 41 year old goalie deliver a clean sheet.

It would be great to see a Chelsea-Bayern final, but if Real Madrid watched Dortmund, they have the perfect blueprint to beat Bayern. It is a wonder more teams don't copy Dortmind against FCB.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That's wierd. Tapatalk copied a post I didn't even read. I was trying to quote Nessie. :eek:

Fixed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm delighted with 0-0 away with all the call offs etc thought it was Atletico's for the taking at the start, gives my team at least a chance at home now anyones game. :)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bad break. Petr Cech out for the remainder of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bad break. Petr Cech out for the remainder of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

I thought it might be. Believe it or not, I was once Captain of an Ambulance Squad in NY. I saw the same manner of holding the arm with a grimace before. They say it is very very painful.

That's also why I was so stunned when Emmit Smith played half of a game with a dislocated shoulder.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm delighted with 0-0 away with all the call offs etc thought it was Atletico's for the taking at the start, gives my team at least a chance at home now anyones game. :)
Though I think Chelsea is in a good position now a 1-1 draw would have been better. However - I think Chelsea is going to win the second leg anyway !
Now excited to watch Bayern against Real tonight. I wonder if Ronaldo is still injured ?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its going to be tough for Chelsea Lampard Cech and Mikel out for the return, if they got to the final it would be a great achivement. Cech being out for the remainder of the season has killed off our slim chances in the league, however its an improvement on last year anyway. :)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Cracking result for Chelsea, cant help but think they should have pushed for a goal though, not saying they'd have won the game last night, but 1-1 is a better result than 0-0 due to the away goal. Fancy Chelsea to go through, but wary of Atletico in the return leg, they wont play that badly two games running.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cracking result for Chelsea, cant help but think they should have pushed for a goal though, not saying they'd have won the game last night, but 1-1 is a better result than 0-0 due to the away goal. Fancy Chelsea to go through, but wary of Atletico in the return leg, they wont play that badly two games running.

Possibly, but they were not allowed to play good last night. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is a great game...one of the best I've seen this year. Bayern and Real are looking excellent. I'd like to nickname Boateng "toast", because once again that what he became. Far be it from me to question Pep Guardiola, but I would have Lahm in the back and have either Mueller or Goetze in the game. I'm not fond of that Rafinha, Boateng backfield.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Boateng was awful for us at MCFC. I've often wondered how he holds a job at FC Bayern.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That was a sweet football match, even though the result wasn't in Bayern's favor. It was still a very good match to watch. Bayern certainly had plenty of chances, they just hit all around, but not in the net.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That was a sweet football match, even though the result wasn't in Bayern's favor. It was still a very good match to watch. Bayern certainly had plenty of chances, they just hit all around, but not in the net.

I'd settle for four. ;)

Members online

Latest posts