UEFA Champions League

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Impressive performance bei PSG ! Ibrahimovic might be a nutter but he is definitely a world class football player, what a goal !
Was really surprised that Barca dominated City with roundabout 65 % ball possession. As City has a real good attacking game I would have thought it would be a more balanced game.

Were you nessie? Man City are a very good attacking team, but i knew one way or another Barca would be a bit better. Too much experience at that level, only two or three other teams left in the competition can or will trouble them. But who knows football being football anything can still happen in the second leg..........

And your right about Ibrahimovic unstoppable when hes in the mood.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were you nessie? Man City are a very good attacking team, but i knew one way or another Barca would be a bit better. Too much experience at that level, only two or three other teams left in the competition can or will trouble them. But who knows football being football anything can still happen in the second leg..........

And your right about Ibrahimovic unstoppable when hes in the mood.
Honestly yes, PackerFan71. Didnt expect them to have 65 % ball possession against such a good team like City.
But again, I dont like this boring tiki-taka football anymore....:rolleyes:;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
It was a tough loss, and unfortunately work prevented me from seeing the match. I don't know if I should be happy or sad about that.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Honestly yes, PackerFan71. Didnt expect them to have 65 % ball possession against such a good team like City.
But again, I dont like this boring tiki-taka football anymore....:rolleyes:;)

Manchester City wanted to play football and fair play to them for that but it was what Barca wanted.....The only way i think to stop them is parking the bus, counter attacking, and skingrafting a manmarker on Messi.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Whoa! Neuer saves an Oezil penalty!

---
Another missed penalty... this time for Bayern. Gooners down to 10 men though.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Fully agree :D
If they had converted their penalty Arsenal might have had a chance.....

What does everyone think about this proposed rule change?

Arsenal-Bayern Munich game. Arsenal goalkeeper clips Robben. Red card, Penalty kick, and suspension for the goalie. Kind of seems like a triple penalty. What does everyone think about this situation. Credit Bayern the goal without a penalty kick. No red card, and the teams continue to play 11 on 11.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does everyone think about this proposed rule change?

Arsenal-Bayern Munich game. Arsenal goalkeeper clips Robben. Red card, Penalty kick, and suspension for the goalie. Kind of seems like a triple penalty. What does everyone think about this situation. Credit Bayern the goal without a penalty kick. No red card, and the teams continue to play 11 on 11.

To me it depends Bundesbiers. In this case the red card was too hard because the goalie obviously tried to play the ball. In other cases when the goalie or player has no chance to play the ball Im fine with an additional red card.
But sometimes hard to tell and decide for a ref when they dont have a slomo like we do on TV ;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I agree with your view on this nessie. My feeling is that a yellow card would have been proper in this case.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I miss our previous manager.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
First half nearly over, Real simply too good for Schalke so far and Im delighted to see Chelsea in front at Galatasaray....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
First half nearly over, Real simply too good for Schalke so far and Im delighted to see Chelsea in front at Galatasaray....

Would you Adam and Eve it, the ''Ghost'' Torres scores when you least expect it again.....:eek::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooops, tight game at Schalke, 1-6 against Real :rolleyes::D
Chelsea only 1-1 but that shouldnt be a problem as Im expecting a home win against Gala. :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ooops, tight game at Schalke, 1-6 against Real :rolleyes::D
Chelsea only 1-1 but that shouldnt be a problem as Im expecting a home win against Gala. :tup:

Only half time not yet counting ma chickens, but heres hoping nessie.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting game between Atletico and Milan so far ! 2-1 at the moment :tup:
And Bayern is the better team against Arsenal but still 0-0.

Members online

Latest posts