two packers released today

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers sent out a press release this afternoon from GM Ted Thompson stating that they have released linebacker Jeremy Thompson due to medical concerns.

The player will retire. Thompson said: "Ideally, I would love to keep playing but the risk is just too high and I would like be able to hold my wife and play with my kids after football.

Thompson also said that the injury last year "was a serious injury that left permanent damage to my neck and spine."

Also the packers released TE Devin Frischknecht, Frischknecht was having a solid training camp when he suffered a broken right tibia and fibula in a pre-season game against Buffalo. He spent the season on injured reserve.

Thompson played in 15 games over the 2008-09 seasons, making 15 tackles from scrimmage and three stops on special teams.

“I have consulted with a number of physicians, and due to my medical condition my intention is to retire from football,” Jeremy Thompson said in a statement released by the Packers. “I am thankful to the Packers organization and to the fans for their support during my time in Green Bay. The Packers are a first-class organization and I want to thank them for the opportunity to play in the NFL. There truly is no team I would have rather played for.”

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
It's really too bad how thompson's career went, he was a real athletic freak, I was still hoping he would get a shot at the OLB/ DE rotation this year.

Members online

Latest posts