Two Horrible Calls Within 2 Minutes?!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers should have pinned the Saints down on the one yard line and that call was blown he was down before his foot crossed the plane. 2. AJ Hawks awesome pass defense in the endzone called pass interference by an out of position ref! Packers beat the Saints and the Refs in the 4th quarter! GO PACK!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
downing the ball: It is my understanding that the player must not 'continue' into the endzone until the whistle stops the play. The call was correct and Bush made a poor play. Players are supposed to just stop the ball and not dive on it in that situation.

On the Hawk 'interference'. Hawk was going for the ball and the contact with the WR was incidental. I don't think that should have been a penalty. The announcers on NFL radio said it was a blatant penalty because you need to let the WR have an opportunity to make the catch. What? If that was the case there would be PI on every pass play. Great play by Hawk.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with the call on Hawk, he barely made contact and hit the ball before it got to Sproles. I have watched the goal line stand over and over at the end of the game and from the end zone view it's awesome to watch how they flew in and stuffed Ingram.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah both of those made me wonder. Imagine the coaches reviewing the film, and seeing both of those and how exactly are they supposed to correct these? lol Hawk leaped over the reciever, and by no means did the contact that ensued happen before the ball got there. Refs must have got some some killer gumbo at the half.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calls like this tend to even out over time. Like Derps said, woodson should definitely have been ejected. Also, I am not saying its correct but a lot of the analysts on ESPN (I will say again, I am not saying its right or wrong, just what they think) think that it WAS pass interference. When it is slowed down it sure does look like hawk got there before the ball and there was a good amount of contact. I was obviously pissed off at the time though.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
He should have been...it's always funny to see Packer fans cry about refs...that's some brave sh*t.

It's not funny to see Bears fans continue to cry that the refs somehow favor GB.

But what upset me way more than the two calls was some of the horrible ball spots they were giving NO. I was CERTAIN they had him stopped once on a third and short....but not where they finally spotted the ball.

D

Derps

It's not funny to see Bears fans continue to cry that the refs somehow favor GB.

But what upset me way more than the two calls was some of the horrible ball spots they were giving NO. I was CERTAIN they had him stopped once on a third and short....but not where they finally spotted the ball.

I ask the question ONCE AGAIN! Should Woodson have been ejected for the ghetto cheap shot?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ask the question ONCE AGAIN! Should Woodson have been ejected for the ghetto cheap shot?
If that's what the rules state, then yeah.

I'm glad it didn't happen.
I'm perfectly OK if he got away with it.
And there are two sides to every story.
The player he hit could have done something to elicit that response by Charles.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's what the rules state, then yeah.

I'm glad it didn't happen.
I'm perfectly OK if he got away with it.
And there are two sides to every story.
The player he hit could have done something to elicit that response by Charles.

This is true, but we could basically see the whole story here. I am not ok that he got with it at all. I am a huge packers fan and any player that throws a punch in a game should be gone. You can't say " oh well he only threw a small punch to the stomach, it wasn't like andre johnsons haymakers to cortland finnegans head last year " if you start picking and choosing what kind of punches should deserve an ejection it will make the NFL have even more ridiculous rules.

What the player did to woodson, at least on tape was continue to block him after the play was over. He didn't swing at him, cheapshot him, now could he have said something? sure. But i like a team captain to have a cooler head than to go off about someone talking trash or blocking him late. I was disappointed with c-wood on that particular play.

It works both ways, if someone does this exact same thing to the packers I would want them ejected, therefore, I wanted woodson gone.

Go Pack Go

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the penalty called on Hawk. I didn't see much if any contact. Hell I didn't think Hawk was athletic enough to make that kind of play. That alone should have made the ref keep the hanky in his pocket.

And the rules state throwing a punch is a reason to eject a player so he should have been. They made up for that oversight by calling a penalty on Hawk that should not have been callled.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yes Woodson should have been ejected, but had we lost that game, I would have blamed the refs on the downing at the 1. That was one stupid *** call, and the pass interference too.

I do however believe they'll change the kick off rules even when we got a return with the new stupid *** rule. All them touchbacks were ridiculous, and maybe Bill Bellichek was right when he said they wanted to do away with kick offs period.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson should've been ejected, but the ref didn't see the punch.

The first call on Bush, I don't know how much was momentum, he did touch the knee with control of the ball before touching the endzone, but I have to give the refs the benefit of the doubt.

The PI call on Hawk was horseshit. I think they just assumed he could never make that kind of athletic play without going for the kill. But he didn't. He made a play on the ball. A GREAT play. If it was Woodson making it, or specially Revis, it would never have been a PI. hawk did touch the guy, but after the contact with the ball, and only as a result of the play, not with the intention. He didn't "go through him" either.

Was a BS call.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they didn't see the punch I am confused on why they threw the flag, also in replays it seems somewhat clear to me that aj hawks leg hit the back of darren sproles making him in an awkward crouched position well before the ball got there. I am a packers fan, we won, blah blah blah.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, Charles Woodson knows that what he did was wrong.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...for-real/3c652c36-feea-4c2d-a1f6-b12a6623d0dd

Regrettable moment: Cornerback Charles Woodson
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
was flagged for an uncharacteristic personal foul penalty in the third quarter when he appeared to throw a punch at New Orleans tight end David Thomas after the whistle. The two players were engaged and Woodson initially tried to shake Thomas off him.​
Woodson was called for unnecessary roughness, and he knew he was in the wrong.​
“I lost my cool,” he said. “The guy was blocking me and holding me and I’m trying to get off him. I just lost my cool. That’s all on me.”​
He expects to hear from the league office, probably in the form of a fine.​
“I’m sure I will,” Woodson said. “There’s no getting around it. You all saw it. I’m sure all the people in the NFL who watch the tape, they’ll see it. There’s nothing I can do about it now. I can’t take it back.”​

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Bush's knee was down before he went in to the endzone or not. It was a good call. If your momentum carries you into the endzone while you still have the ball, whether you have a knee down or 3 feet down, it is a touchback. You can't cross the line with the ball, period.

As for the PI call, I can see why he called it in live action, but his leg made contact to Sproles as he was superman diving for the ball that he had equal rights to. It would have been leg to leg contact with any other receiver, but since it was that little squirt, his leg hit him up on the shoulder, lol.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Yes he should, They didn't. What's your problem?

Look up the definition of a troll. Here, let me do it for you.
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Seems to fit you pretty well. There is a section for smack talk, and it isn't this forum here.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Every game there are flags, or non flags refs miss..

Bears know this by the Lions game last year..

NO got a break with that screwed up placment that gave them a 1st down..

Woody didnt get ejected, and Hawek was called for pi..

If you dont like the non calls, or the phantom calls, all you can do is deal with them..

Members online

Latest posts