TT is forgetting one very important thing....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wanna say the injuries are from using crappy equipment for training. Free weights!!! Like REAL men! (so what if i have a home gym ... i like working out an dont wanna wait around for a spotter OK!! lol)

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright everyone stop saying that Favre has screwed us in free agency. He hasnt. If Favre has said yeh I am done before free agency we wouldnt have signed a QB. We wouldve said Aaron your our man. SO how is that ******** us?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Alright everyone stop saying that Favre has screwed us in free agency. He hasnt. If Favre has said yeh I am done before free agency we wouldnt have signed a QB. We wouldve said Aaron your our man. SO how is that ******** us?

Careful son....you don't want to get on the bad side of ttromad.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LIke you said,gopackgo, if Favre NOW retires(march 19th?20th? whats the date today) ..Our man is A-Rod, who is NOT NFL ready yet. IF Favre retired before free agency, we coulda got kitna,mccown, maybe brees.

That is how.

DePack, you are the best instigator ive ever seen. (See, I can compliment you)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
LIke you said,gopackgo, if Favre NOW retires(march 19th?20th? whats the date today) ..Our man is A-Rod, who is NOT NFL ready yet. IF Favre retired before free agency, we coulda got kitna,mccown, maybe brees.

That is how.

DePack, you are the best instigator ive ever seen. (See, I can compliment you)

Now THAT is funny. It only took you 1998 posts to say something comical. You should have saved it for 2000!

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only impact Favre's situation is having on the Packers has to do with Craig Nall. They want Nall back, but Nall doesn't want to come back to Green Bay if he is going to be the #3 QB. Other than that, I don't think Favre's situation matters.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you think if favre retired after playing seattle at the end of the season, we wouldnt have made moves at QB position? cmon guys...

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you think if favre retired after playing seattle at the end of the season, we wouldnt have made moves at QB position? cmon guys...

If Favre had retired, Nall would have been signed by now. I just don't think TT would have made a major move at QB. I think he believes in Rodgers and Nall. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. At least I disagree more amicably than 66. :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

We don't need to make a move at QB. We have Rodgers!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:
We don't need to make a move at QB. We have Rodgers!

At least that was what I THOUGHT we used our 1st round pick for last draft!

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Agree and Agree, But time to come back Brett....please, please, please !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think Nall just made the smarter financial move. more money, plus theres probably some incentives in there...like longwell, its about dough.

ill go read the article now.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with most players, it's the color green--the color of money. Look at the money TO is going to be making in the next three years. I would like to see some of them live on my retirement. They would never make it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, here - NALL has a definitive agreement with the Bills, in that he will be the No.2 behind either Losman of Holcomb - comment was that the Bills wil NOT keep both. I figure Kelly Holcomb to be let go. Losman's younger, so should get the beneift of the doubt - but Contracts are everything.

NALL had no chance at this stage of ever being No.2 unless Favre had walked away. Now, it's a mute point all around.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
The thing with Rodgers is you have to give a projected 2nd pick a shot.

Good point.....especially since he was TT's first pick. If Favre doesn't come back you have to pretty much throw away the season and see what you got in Rodgers. If he plays well, great, we have our QB of the future. If he blows then we will be in position of a top pick again, and take Brady Quinn!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
gopackgo4 said:
The thing with Rodgers is you have to give a projected 2nd pick a shot.

Good point.....especially since he was TT's first pick. If Favre doesn't come back you have to pretty much throw away the season and see what you got in Rodgers. If he plays well, great, we have our QB of the future. If he blows then we will be in position of a top pick again, and take Brady Quinn!!

So you like the Mighty Quinn, eh... Interesting selection.

We got to watch quite a bit of him this last year. Especially going up against USC. Trouble is... there's been a bit more conversation that TT is leaning in Jay Cutler's direction.. I'll see if I can find the article(s)..

I agree, if Quinn can handle the NFL even half as well as Favre, he'll do okay - just not sure he'll pan out as a franchise QB; even with Charlie Weiss guidin' him thru the paces.

Same for Cutler, for that matter - with QB's these days, it's more like you need to pick 'em off the trees over at someone else's house, than to try and grow 'em yerself.

Somehow, I don't see Rodgers panning out - he got knocked around a bit last year and wasn't gettin' back up all that quick, and damn sure wasn't grabbin' any facemasks, either!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn is a friend of my daughter so I'm a little biased but he made an amazing progression with just one year under Weiss. He will be NFL ready after another year with Charlie. He has amazing tools. Great arm, great mobility, great size, very intelligent and tough as hell. But I'd rather Favre return for a Super Bowl run and we miss out on Quinn.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Quinn is a friend of my daughter so I'm a little biased but he made an amazing progression with just one year under Weiss. He will be NFL ready after another year with Charlie. He has amazing tools. Great arm, great mobility, great size, very intelligent and tough as hell. But I'd rather Favre return for a Super Bowl run and we miss out on Quinn.

I like Quinn as well. However, I think A-Rod need a fair chance before I start thinking about replacing him. A college QB usually needs 2-3 years to develop once hitting the NFL (there are exceptions, of course).

I can't wait to see how far Quinn can take ND this season. They are my favourite team after the Pack.

GO IRISH!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
DePack said:

I like Quinn as well. However, I think A-Rod need a fair chance before I start thinking about replacing him. A college QB usually needs 2-3 years to develop once hitting the NFL (there are exceptions, of course).

I can't wait to see how far Quinn can take ND this season. They are my favourite team after the Pack.

GO IRISH!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Oh yea!

BTW...I'm not ready to give up on A-Rod but I'm not real high on him yet. I'm not sure he has the arm strength or the mobility that it takes BUT I'm willing to wait.

Members online