1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Truth" - According to Jason Whitlock (FoxSports)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Quientus, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    *Spoiler Alert!* - The article is very biased and in some ways inflamatory, - Personally I view it more as an opinionated fan's reaction, rather than the article of a journalist ... Nevertheless it's very interesting reading ...

I copied the article in it's full extent - but Click Here for more articles ...
  2. hummyjohnson

hummyjohnson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't follow this guy, so I don't know if he is an ******** or not. But I completley agree with him. TT, especially, needs to be shown the door. The look on his face from his bunker above the field Sunday was priceless.
  3. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's worth noting that while Favre has the best QB rating of his career, Aaron Rodgers is currently leading the league. Other than that it's a lot of speculation on why Favre is currently residing in Minnesota.

On the moves Thompson made...Who knew that Favre would still be playing in 2009 when he drafted Rodgers (Who fell on his lap btw)? In the interview with Andrew Brandt he said that as early as 2001 (I think that was the year) Favre started talking about retiring.
    Also everyone talks about Randy Moss like it was a no brainer move to pick him up. At the time a lot of people were talking about how he had lost a step and his career was over.
  4. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I really love this guy he comes on Jim Rome every once in a while or actually every time Rome goes on vacation. He writes for the Kansas City Star and is never one to mince words.

Had the Packers picked up Randy Moss he would have been the fastest player on the team for the Packers. I believe he came in to Patriots camp and ran a 4.2~ 40 yard dash which easily would have made him the fastest.
  5. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The irony about the Randy Moss situation is actually quite sad ...

Ted Thomson was actually INCLINED to listen to Favre about Randy Moss ... And was contemplating on actually trading for Randy Moss, however, every one else in the Packer Management, Board of Directors, the current President as well as the entire coaching staff said that it would be a bad trade ...

Ted Thomson was still "new" as a GM ... - And was told by his (TT's) superiors that the trade for Randy Moss would be a no ...

So for once ... about the Randy Moss trade ... TT at that time, being a new GM ... had little choice ...

As much as I disagree with Ted Thomson overall performance so far as GM for the Packers ... I just can't blame him for not trading for Randy Moss at that time ...
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Quin, you have proof of that?

The story goes and comes from Bob Harlan that they went to bed on draft night believing Randy was a Packer
  7. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The knock on Moss was that he was lazy and took plays off, and that he wasn't as dynamic as when he played for minnesota. Also character concerns. I believe he has had a few domestic disturbance issues even while in NE.
  8. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The look on Ted's face was absolutely priceless when they asked him about Moss to the Packers. Absolute deer in the headlights.
  9. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The guy make take some plays off but he can make some plays for you as well. The guy is a TD machine.

Also we get Moss and then we don't have to waste a pick on Jordy Nelson granted he is a decent returner but we could have bolstered the O-Line instead of "taking the best player in the draft."

As the saying goes "Hindsight is always 20-20." but really you can only use that so many times before you figure out a guy makes too many mistakes.
  10. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    At that time, Randy Moss was in Oakland ... And for all intent and purposes ... Randy Moss' career was not what it had promised out to be or become ...

Randy Moss at that time was kinda like T.O, only without the (statistical merit and experience) ... which is probably why most "experts" had Randy Moss pegged as a trouble maker more than a play maker really ...

Having said that ... I still believe the Packers should have persued Randy Moss much more than they did, but you can't really blame Ted Thomson for that ...
  11. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think that Randy Moss is a big D-Bag...I don't really have a lot of patience with diva receivers.
  12. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I believe that also Charles Woodson had those same question marks surrounding him as well before we picked him up as he wasn't that delighted about playing in Green Bay. It has worked very well for Woodson since he has been here.
  13. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

Most "Star Players" get "Diva-like" tendencies ... more so often than not ...

It's inherent human nature ... And it happens all the time, not only in sports, but in life in general ...

I'm pretty sure each one of you see several at work, in your social circle etc ... only, you don't notice them nearly as much, because there is not all that media attention coming along with those ...
  14. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's plenty of Packers who don't behave this way.
  15. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    ^^^
    Brett Favre.
  16. JeffQuery

JeffQuery Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Behave what way? Like "Packer People"..?? C'mon...John 'Purple Drank Jolly..?

The name of the game is WINNING games. This article is spot on...a great article.

Moss was just looking for a QB....that guy in Oakland couldn't even hit him with the ball...

Moss is doing great in New England with Tom Brady...Ted Thompson dropped the ball on that one..Come on...is he the damn GM, or is he not. He should have had some 'NADS and went after Moss agressively.....(as I'm sure Wolf would have) It would be a different story today.

Wolf always said his one regret was not getting enough "players" or talent for Brett Favre to work with...

Face it, the bottom line is that, "Ted Thompson has made assclowns of you all"....
  17. jehowd

jehowd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    How is that so? I don't feel that way it at all. I guess you mean that directing to the ones who are still packer fans? Ok if so, he made you guys look like that when you jumped ship or decided to hate the team and management so much that you root for the Vikings to beat us. Ridiculous. Hey think about this, maybe just maybe, the Packers, ya know the team we root for, is BIGGER than Favre and Thompson. Sure the way the messy divorce went down could have been handled a whole lot differently, but my gosh you're the one that let you get all angry at Ted and in return makes you say I'm glad Brett beat the Packers, which means we lose a game (2 here), no that makes you look like a complete Tool.
  18. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He is known as "Big sexy" in the kansas City area and played college ball at Ball state ,Highschool teammate of Jeff George. he is a good reporter for the Kansas City paper and on the air waves with 810 sports radio. Has been doing more national sports with ESPN and Fox sports lately so he is someone in the know.
  19. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yh I remember Adam Sheftler talking all kinds of smack about tearing the lockroom up in minny and he guarenteed the Vikings would not make the playoffs with Favre. funny he is all about how great Brett favre is now.
  20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I just wonder if Ted is the face of all these drama...Could he actually be a scape goat?

This past weekend on espn milwaukee, jason wilde dropped some hints to things, that MAYBE the board is running things on the football side..Or are more involded than they have been in the past..

During Harlan times, the board never had anything to do with football operations, and he said that now it has changed..

Might be funny when all said and done that people are all blaming Ted when in fact the board is the one telling Ted what to do
  21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    If that's the case, then Ted IS to blame, because he let them make him a puppet. What kind of self-respected GM let the board or the owners interfere with his job?

BTW, why does it allways have to be about Favre and what Ted Thompson did or didn't do for Favre? Talk about :sFun_DeadHorse:

And it's allways the same people bringing the same subject over and over and over again! Like we didn't have this discussion before...

Bla bla bla Randy Moss bla bla bla Rodgers is the devil bla bla bla!

The OL is a real problem, the pass defense, the running game...

But I digress... We're talking here about the best interest of Brett Favre, and not the Green Bay Packers, right?
  22. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Beating a dead horse plays a huge part of all sports talk. Any mention of Favre is just that because the guy has been covered every which way imaginable but a lot of people like to read articles about him even though they really dont say anything new.
  23. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    But what was the risk, a low draft choice and a low one year contract. Get him into camp a see what happens, worst case you release him. He was being paid like he was a number 3 receiver that first year. We did the same with Woodson coming from the Raiders, and that turned out well.

Its not like we were giving up big money and draft picks to take a chance on this guy.
  24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    It was a low draft pick FOR THE PATRIOTS. If you know the real story, please post it, because I don't know, and all I hear are conjectures... What I do know is that TT DID talked to Oakland about Randy Moss.

Who's to say it wasn't the same with Tony Gonzales? It was all accorded between both parts, but in the end Kansas City tried to raise the price (2nd round pick, instead of a 3rd) in the last minute, which broke the deal.
    -
    And like I said, it's not going to change anything now, and it's not like we needed another receiver. I get much more riled up about him not signing Canty and Olshansky than the Randy Moss thing.
  25. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The thing is even if he did try to bring him in, he didn't seal the deal. In the NFL trying is not good enough. Every GM/coach tries to do better.