Trom's Mock Draft

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone else is doing it, so why not. What else is there to do at 6am and you already looked at your serving of ****?

Here we go...

Round 1, 30th overall - Dustin Keller - TE

I want a CB in the first round. It makes sense in every possible way, which means Ted Thompson won't do it, because he's kinda crazy, in a mad scientist sort of way.

Bubba is gone, Donald Lee is the man, but GB uses their tight ends a lot. If you didn't see the video in PackOne's mock, check the kid out. He was a WR in 2003, but when you're 6'3 and 242 pounds and tough as nails, tight end is the position for you.

Round 2, 56th overall (from Cleveland Browns) - Tyvon Branch - CB

Say it with me, "Tyvon." Don't you want a guy named Tyvon on your team? I know I do. You can be pretty sure if Ted does NOT get a CB in the 1st round, he will grab one here, and it could be Tyvon Branch. Tyvon. Tyvon. Tyvon. Tyvon. Tyvon.

Round 2, 60th overall (from New York Jets) - Limas Sweed - WR

6'5 and 220 pounds. This guy seems like a friggin monster, and A-Rod is going to need some help in his first year. Lets help the stache out and give him some weapons. 6'5 and 220 pounds!

Round 3, 91st overall - Drew Radovich - OG

The senior from USC could help the improving guard position. You could always use some good guards.

Round 4, 128th overall - Tim Hightower - RB

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

No, not THAT Hightower.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

THIS hightower. I don't know much about him, and am pulling this RIGHT out of my ***. RIGHT out of it. I have a feeling my Teddy bear drafts a RB around this spot, because he's nuts. So why not Hightower?

Round 4, 135th overall (Compensatory selection) - Jamar Adams - S

This guy could be the next Bigby. He hits like a mack truck, but can he stay at home and not be a liability against the pass? Watch what he does at the 30 second mark.

Round 5, 162nd overall - Andre Woodson - QB

Say hello to your competition, A-Rod. The senior from Kentucky completed 63 percent of his passes, good for 3,515 yards and 31 touchdowns ... Led the SEC in passing yardage per game (270.4), total offense (259.8) and TD passes (31)[scouts.com]

Round 7, 237th overall - Steve Johnson - WR

He can do this before games.
-----------------

With that said, none of this will happen, trades will occur, and chaos will ensue, but at least I'll be drunk the entire weekend. Make sure to join me in the lounge during picks as we yell at the picks, do research on the picks, and freak out and\or rejoice.

It's draft time, baby!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keller may be a reach in the first, it really depends on who you talk to. Tyvonn Branch is a reach for sure, there should be better corners available at that slot. If Limas Sweed falls to #60 which he won't, that would be a steel. Tim Hightower? he's not even in the top 10 backs in the draft, you may be right about a back but it will not be him.

Woodson likely won't fall into the fifh, and I like Adams as a Safety.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know much about the guys selected other than Sweed and Keller, but I would honestly be shocked if GB took two WRs in this draft. I think it would be more likely to see two TEs selected as odd as that sounds. I have a feeling that Keller or John Carlson will be a Packer on Saturday.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picks you make in the 7th Round are not guaranteed to make the team, so I think you draft people that you may not expect to make it.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing that Keller highlight reel I want him now. Only question is, can he block? I'd also like to see both Sweed and Woodson on the team but will they both slip that far in the draft? Good picks substitute TT.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Keller...but who knows what TT intends on doing.

My gut tells me that Brohm will be there, and some team will call and TT will trade the 1st away for additional picks. I can already see it happening too. But, if not and they take Keller, I'll be stoked.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
My gut tells me that Brohm will be there, and some team will call and TT will trade the 1st away for additional picks. I can already see it happening too. But, if not and they take Keller, I'll be stoked.

I think you might be on to something there.. but I think Henne will be the choice they are moving up for. I seriously think we will be trading out of the spot unless a top flight CB is there.. with the depth of this draft.. an extra couple of early picks will peak Ted's interest..

A pick miser of sorts.

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks good...the only thing is see is that there is no way that Limas Sweed makes it to the 60th pick. He didn't have great workouts, but I would still project him mid first to early second. I think he would be more of a possiblity for the Packers first pick.

Reaction score
I seriously think we will be trading out of the spot unless a top flight CB is there.. with the depth of this draft.. an extra couple of early picks will peak Ted's interest..

I completely agree, but I think you have to define 'top flight CB'.

Talib? He seems to be the one most similar in physical stature to Al and C-Wood, and also seems capable of man-to-man. Many draft "experts" consider him a top 15 talent, but his recent admission of marijuana use might be enough to have him drop.

Cason? I've read from a couple of "experts" that run draft sites that Cason is considered a first round talent by the Packers. I've also read that Cason is best suited for a team running Tampa-2, but those same opinion pieces say that Cason has ability to play man-to man... :-?

I've also seen a mock that has Mike Jenkins dropping to us at #30. If that happens, I think it's safe to say many Packer fans will be doing back flips all weekend long.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. TT will not draft 2 WRs and one RB. Those are our strengths. We don't need 2 more WRs. Maybe one, but not 2.

We need a DL, and you know how much TT loves DLs. DE/DT, doesn't matter. We'll get one DL.

2 DBs? Yes. That's what I've been saying for months. We'll definitely get 2 DBs. TT even told me that. Oops. Wasn't supposed to say anything. I'm kidding. I do NOT know TT personally and those pictures of us bowling together must have been photoshopped.

I do like the idea of drafting a TE in the first round. If the kid's good, get him. We need a TE.

As for BPA, yeah, whatever. It won't be straight up BPA, and I'll explain why...

IF, you have a position that is so solid that drafting someone in that position will only mean that person drafted won't make the team, what's the point of drafting him? So instead of straight up BPA, it will be BPA of certain positions, and those positions are likely (in no order) OL, DL, LB, DB, QB, TE. We most likely won't draft a WR and we'll only draft a RB if the guy's a stud and should really be off the board by the time we get him but for some reason he's not.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. TT will not draft 2 WRs and one RB. Those are our strengths. We don't need 2 more WRs. Maybe one, but not 2.

Um, Justin Harrell.

We didn't NEED him, but got him.

Stop using logic and reasoning when it comes to Ted Thompson and the draft. He doesn't think like us. He's on a whole other level of greatness that we could only dream about.

So stop that.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A freestyle rapper = the missing link to get to the Super Bowl!!

I wanna hear KGB freestyle about god.

"Jesus is my savior, to heck with all the haters"

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Um, Justin Harrell.

Stop using logic and reasoning when it comes to Ted Thompson and the draft. He doesn't think like us. He's on a whole other level of greatness that we could only dream about.

So stop that.

A logical person would have realized that Harrell was drafted to replace Corey Williams but then along came a Jolly man. That's why TT is so misunderstood, he's able to think a year ahead of the simpletons.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Zombieslayer said:

Um, Justin Harrell.

So stop that.

A logical person would have realized that Harrell was drafted to replace Corey Williams but then along came a Jolly man. That's why TT is so misunderstood, he's able to think a year ahead of the simpletons.

By that vain(vein? I dont know words), Thompson drafting 2 WRs would make sense, considering Driver is getting old(yet not showing signs, yet) and K-Rob is a man with problems who might not be on the team very long.

And a RB makes sense because Grant could be a 1 year wonder, dont wanna put ALL your eggs in that basket, BJack, while improved over the year, hasn't shown he can be the guy fulltime,etc,etc.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
tromadz said:
Zombieslayer said:

Um, Justin Harrell.

So stop that.

By that vain(vein? I dont know words), Thompson drafting 2 WRs would make sense, considering Driver is getting old(yet not showing signs, yet) and K-Rob is a man with problems who might not be on the team very long.

And a RB makes sense because Grant could be a 1 year wonder, dont wanna put ALL your eggs in that basket, BJack, while improved over the year, hasn't shown he can be the guy fulltime,etc,etc.

Let's take a linebacker then too. What we really need is a backup quarterback, but I'll let McCarthey pick that. For the rest of the draft, I really don't have much to comment on. We already have restocked cupboards, so this weekend is basically about creating a lot of competition in training camp. Does anybody miss our former GM?

Reaction score

But K-Rob has shown that he's closed the door on his demons and is ready to move on.

It seems to me, the way Thompson's draft board works is that there is not always a clear-cut top player, instead a few players will be considered the best players available at that time.

If Thompson does draft a WR once, I can't see him going for another one in that draft. He'd likely try and get a player at another position that he rates very similarly to the WR.

I could definitely see Ted going after two CB's in this draft though, with the Pack ultimately keeping 6 CBs on the roster.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts