Trivia challenge!!!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure that you all are familiar with the following famous Packer photograph, but here is the trivia challenge:

Who is the Packer player holding Don Majkowski in this famous shot???[

Be fair and only answer if you know the answer -- no looking it up
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I will check back and post the answer later this afternoon.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Isn't that Bob Nelson
?

Yes, indeed it is. Did you really know or did you look it up? If you did, you are truly a long time Packer Backer because...

... The answer is of course...

... Bob Nelson, who came to Green Bay (1988-90) after a number of years in the USFL and one with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He started for three seasons at nose tackle, the most exciting coming in 1989 when the Packers were 10-6
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

“More than anything, I just want the fans to know how much I loved Green Bay. They are some of the best fans in the world and they made it so much fun to play here. I am really proud I got to play for the Packers.â€

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I've followed the packers for many years :)

I hear you -- but that is pretty impressive and therefore I am impressed that you knew.

I thought that would be a pretty tough trivia challenge. I would wager that 99% of the posters in most forums would not know that answer without looking it up. NOW if you asked them if they knew who Bob Nelson was -- many of the long-time die-hards would know that right away.

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah great pic - that was a fun year - Majikowski - the Magic man- was that the game VS the bears where majik threw the winning TD in the last minute - and the refs reviewed the play to see if he was over the line of scrimmage ? ( of course he wasnt and the TD stood and the Pack won ).

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice pic Bruce,, long time favorites, along with those classic Lombardi ones with his light brown coat, Starr crossing the goal line in the ice bowl and of course those ones of The great Ray 66 Nitschke and Paul Hornung all covered in mud :twisted:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakk The Great!
That was the season that Ditka wanted to put an asterisk behind.
He felt Majic had crossed the LOS on his throw. Foolish man. (We of course all know he didn't!)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure was -- I musta won almost a $!,000 that year on the football pools.

I have a very large poster of Majik Man for my shrine...
When people ask what number I prefer on my beer mug - it's No. 7 (not #4)

Shame of it all - was when they killed Instant Replay over (pretty much) this exact game... Instant Replay has never been the same and if that exact same play came down today, like it did then - Instant Replay would rule in favor of the Bears... you can count on it.

I like this Trivia thing - we should make it a staple...

(Psst, RYAN - are we shiftin' lifestyles? - that Avatar... oh man - the guys at work see that yet? j/k)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I thought that would be a pretty tough trivia challenge. I would wager that 99% of the posters in most forums would not know that answer without looking it up. NOW if you asked them if they knew who Bob Nelson was -- many of the long-time die-hards would know that right away.

Sorry, I can't help that I was born in 1982 and didn't watch football until 1993. I hope that doesn't make me less of a Packers fan because I'm not a "long-time die-hard."

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Bruce said:

Sorry, I can't help that I was born in 1982 and didn't watch football until 1993. I hope that doesn't make me less of a Packers fan because I'm not a "long-time die-hard."

:D Hardly -- Trivia challenges are for fun. No one would expect you to know the answer to that question. In fact my point was, hardly anyone would.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ryan...

I know it's not "Packer" related...

but what the hell is up with that picture next to your name...???

That's not Kip Winger..is it?

Gives me the heebee geebee's...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Ryan...

I know it's not "Packer" related...

but what the hell is up with that picture next to your name...???

That's not Kip Winger..is it?

Gives me the heebee geebee's...

Haha it's supposed to be creepy, it's "The Hoff" - David Hasselhoff

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts