Trip Report From Lions Game

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, veg. It's easy to understand why the scalpers did well. That game was like a big party to celebrate a great season, with a Packer game as the main event. Not bad!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stuff Veg, its a shame really that people are shovelling just to earn a few bucks to keep themselves going, i guess when you see all the money that is wasted on crappy merchandise it makes you think where people's priorities are.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good job. My Mom makes it to one game per year, it was the Lions this year, and she is jacked up for weeks ahead of time.
I know Cheesey lives in Ozaukee county, I grew up in Fredonia. My Mom has a Green Bay Packer Simplicity garden tractor, she worked for them for 30 years, and has about 80 autographs on the hood of the thing. It's been in the local paper a couple of times. It's the strangest piece of autographed memorabilia, but certainly unique and pretty cool. She drives it in local parades from time to time.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good job. My Mom makes it to one game per year, it was the Lions this year, and she is jacked up for weeks ahead of time.
I know Cheesey lives in Ozaukee county, I grew up in Fredonia. My Mom has a Green Bay Packer Simplicity garden tractor, she worked for them for 30 years, and has about 80 autographs on the hood of the thing. It's been in the local paper a couple of times. It's the strangest piece of autographed memorabilia, but certainly unique and pretty cool. She drives it in local parades from time to time.
Hey thats pretty cool. Any pics?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have atalent for the pen Veg, nice job and an enjoyable read!

Our seats aren't that far apart. I am in 126

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veg,

I opened your post. I saw the size or the read. I said later perhaps.

I very seldom get into log articles on this forum.

However.... I started reading it, and could not stop.

Your writing skills captured Green Bay, like a Norman Rockwell painting put into words. I can not tell you how impressed I am with your stuff.

Cheers.

A very impressed R.P.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veg - the first time I commented, I had only looked at the pictures, but kept the window open so I could read it later.

I've read it now. Wow! You really can write.

Interesting that you succeeded capturing the spirit of Green Bay, and you fleshed out the story well enough to bring us into the writing. I thought what that kid said about the barf was classic. Loved how the one guy was saving up to get his deer meat, and the comment about the smokes. Stuff like that - good stuff. A pleasurable read.

Members online

Latest posts