Tretter has significant knee injury

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I havnt read all the posts. But I called for Linsley take the starting spot and never give it up, if Tretter doesnt step it up... Tretter seemed to step up enough to rally support. But getting hurt opens that door wide for Linsley. And if my first instinct shows true? Linsley is going to be a stud. a young bull dozer IMO. Tretter could be our new backup? Good but injury prone...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers,Lang and Sitton trusted Tretter which means McCarthy probably did as well. It doesn't matter one iota what some fans think or prefer. The fans and their uneducated analysis and meaningless wishes are not part of this equation in the least. The best we can hope for is that Linsely gains that trust of his coaches and teammates expediently. Tretter's injury is potentially a very big problem. I'm just hoping that Linsely picks it up quickly like Bahktiari and Tretter did.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
While reading Silverstein’s blog on the cuts today he was asked if Linsley could supplant Tretter as the OC even after Tretter is back from injury.
No. Tretter was terrific at center. He's got a chance to be Pro Bowl level. But he has to stay healthy. He could probably play guard if they need him, but his spot is center. He's the future.
Obviously this is just one sportswriter’s opinion but he's closer to the staff and watches more practices than any of us. Even so, I'm glad Thompson drafted Linsley and they don't have to play "musical chairs" on the OL.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just catch alot of greif for my outside the box predictions. So when my predictions become reality, I like to remind people:) I CALLED IT!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO Im a foozball master(baiter)mind.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
"Significant injury" .... that seems to have become the new catch-phrase around Lambeau. When McCarthy uses the term, you can bet your bippy that the "significant injury" recipient is going to be out for a longer period of time than 'a few weeks'. Hell, Rodgers is even using the term now. Kind of funny how Rodgers and McCarthy use the same buzz words (Favre and Holmgren did as well, though I can't remember exactly what theirs was right now)

I may have missed it ... but have the Pack said exactly what Tretter's 'significant injury' is?

Hey, for what it's worth, I'd bet a blueberry doughnut that the kid from Ohio State ends up being our center, if not this year then next year. Not a reflection on Tretter, if he was the starter, the staff feels that he's progressed further and is better able to make the line call NOW ... but, I like this kid from Ohio State personally.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

" (Favre and Holmgren did as well, though I can't remember exactly what theirs was right now) "

I cannot give any more, I want to retire, no wait a minute ?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Geez, you got 50 of the final 53 correct, exactly the same amount as I did. Still I don't feel it's necessary to post repeatedly how smart I am because as I said before it wasn't that hard.
I'll agree with that assessment and gloat a bit also. At the end of May before camp even started I made my only roster prediction for this season. Excluding the players lost or unable to practice because of injuries, I only had 4 on the roster that didn't make it and 3 of those I had as bubble picks.
My first attempt I think:

Offense 25
WR 6:Nelson Boykin, Harper Abbrederis Cobb Adams
OL 8: Bakhtiari Sitton Taylor Tretter Linsley Lang Bulaga Sherrod
TE 5: Quarless Taylor Rodgers Lyerla Perillo
QB 2:RODGERS Tolzien
RB 4:Lacy Starks Harris Franklin
Defense 26
DL 6: Jones Neal Raji Boyd Daniels Thornton
OLB 6: Peppers Perry Hubbard Matthews Mulumba Palmer
ILB 4: HAWK Jones Lattimore Bradford
CB 6: WILLIAMS House Goodson Shields Hayward Hyde