Transportation from Chicago to Green Bay

Reaction score
still thinking of doing a trip to green bay for a game but there is no hotels rooms within the area available. since i would be flying into chicago and staying there does anyone know of any transportation between there and greenbay. maybe a train or bus service.

joe

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
If you're not going to fly on to Green Bay what about renting a car at the airport and staying somewhere between Chicago and Green Bay? Or maybe you could find a flight into Milwaukee so you're closer than Chicago.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From Chicago to Milwaukee its at least a 1.5 hours, then at least 1.5-2 hours to GB

I also say get a room closer to GB there are always rooms available, just depends on the $$ you want to spend..

There really is no service that goes there other then your standard greyhound type of buses that i know of

What game you going to?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Yeah if I were you I would rent a car and drive closer to green bay you could easily find hotel rooms in appelton or mantiwoc which both cities are 35-40 minutes away from green bay. Well actually they just built a new hotel about 3 miles from me it's an amerihost (I think) and it's located in Bellevue it's rarely full during packer games and it should be easy to get a room there also it's only about 9 miles from the stadium.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe in Canada-

I would suggest contacting the following motels in Green Bay and see if they have room vacancy on the weekend, you wish to attend a Packer home game.

The Mariner Motel on the Fox River

www.marinergreenbay.com

Phone; 930-437-3760

2222 Riverside Drive

Green Bay, Wi 54301

Mg:r Richard

Located 3.1/2 miles from LF

Skylight Motel
Phone : 920-484-5641

2120 S Ashland Av (business 41 & 32)

Green Bay, Wi. 54304

Located about 1 1/2 Miles from LF

Owner: Rachel Kasbohm

These two Motels are older motels, but well kept up and have clean rooms. Room rates are economical for a Packer Home game weekend. The Motels are locally owned.

you can also contact Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau

1931 S Oneida Street P.O Box 10596

Green Bay, Wi. 54307-0596

phone: 920-494-9507 or toll free 1-888-867-3342

www.greenbay.com

This organization can take care all your questions about Green Bay Hotels. Room vacancies, room rates etc.

It is a requirement of most Green Bay Hotels to reserve a hotel room for miniumum of two nights on a Packer home game weekend.

I would not suggest flying into Chicago and staying in hotel in Chicago and making a round trip on Greyhound bus to GB and back to Chicago. plus attending a Packer home game in the same day

I would suggest you check the Greyhound Bus schedule andsee how it works kout for you.

If you need any more information. Please ask. I will reply with the information. By the way, What game are you thinking about attending at LF.

Phil located in DePere, Wi ,which is just 5 miles south Lambeau Field.

OP
OP
Canada's #1 Packer Fan
Reaction score
thanks all for the great suggestions. i will look into all these starting monday. i have no choice but into chicago for airfare and would like to stay 1 night in chicago to see blackhawks or bulls play. the game i really want to see is the packers vs farve and i'll get tickets on ebay and check other sites for tickets. car rental seems to be my best bet. i have called almost every hotel in green bay and no vancacy
joe

SuperStinkyCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm partial to my eco vehicle which is powered by the warmth of packer fan tears. There will be plenty tommorow so just grab a thermos bottle and your all set.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm partial to my eco vehicle which is powered by the warmth of packer fan tears. There will be plenty tommorow so just grab a thermos bottle and your all set.

Why tomorrow?

The tears of joy when the Vikings lose to the lions?

If that was an attempt at "smack" come back when you actually know when the games are...Hmkay puddin?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why tomorrow?

The tears of joy when the Vikings lose to the lions?

If that was an attempt at "smack" come back when you actually know when the games are...Hmkay puddin?

he is going to be pretty lonely at soldier field tomorrow...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I back what PWT said, I would NOT recommend staying in Chicago and commuting to GB via Greyhound bus service the night of the game. That is a bad idea unless you are into hectic travel and staying up all night. Plus you'd have to find a way to get from the greyhound bus terminal to the stadium and back again in time to make catch your bus. It would be the return trip I'd be worried about if you were to do that as post game traffic would be a nightmare. I checked Amtrak for you and it doesn't look like they have connecting trains in that region, this would also be a bad idea for the same reason as Greyhound. I'd do as PWT suggested, find a hotel, (preferably within a 45 min radius of GB), rent a car and commute that way. The further away you stay from GB the more likely you are to see an increase in vacancies and a decrease in rates. I would recommend you book your hotel and car as soon as you get your tix, the sooner the better as the closer to the game hotels are going to start to book up like crazy and rates are going to go through the roof. That usually occurs closer to the city of GB, but it never hurts to book as early as possible. I'm here too if you need anything, but it looks like PWT has got your back! Good luck and enjoy your game!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts