Tramon's 2nd half

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140110/PKR01/301100345

Packers headed to New York in November to play the Giants and cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt could see urgency rise in Williams. The Packers lost 27-13, but Williams had his best game of the year with eight tackles and his first interception since Week 2 of the 2012 season.

“He just simply said that’s when it changed, that he was going to take one play at a time and have a singular focus on that and that’s it,” Whitt said. “And not care about anything else. And his last nine games were as good as … you know like everybody’s been talking about the 2010, and he played no better in 2010 than he did these last nine games.”

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played very well the 2nd half of the year. I'm not calling for him to be cut anymore

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve always been a big fan myself. Glad to see he stepped it up.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played very well the 2nd half of the year. I'm not calling for him to be cut anymore
I am calling for him to restructure though. He can't be the 2nd highest paid CB in the NFL.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. Needs to be dropped by several million to get back to reality.
I'm thinking since he has one year left, maybe it's time to sign him to an extension for the next three seasons and get that salary down a little bit. Most players know they won't actually make the ungodly amounts of cash that get funneled into their final contract year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking since he has one year left, maybe it's time to sign him to an extension for the next three seasons and get that salary down a little bit. Most players know they won't actually make the ungodly amounts of cash that get funneled into their final contract year.

Throw some of that towards shields, and maybe start drawing up an extension for Nelson.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted him gone for a long time this year, then he really stepped it up..

I think the article states his injury from few years ago finally is fully healed...Nerve issues..

I had heel surgery where the Dr had to literally move a bunch of nerves out of the way...It took about a year to get feeling back in that area

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Tramon, and he seems to bring a fire to the defense that we need EVERYONE to get warmed up by. The guy is ALL about defense and he is HUNGRY for interceptions wich I love. I would really love to see him, Shields, and a healthy Hayward at CB next season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A restructured Tramon Williams would be fantastic. Better yet, they should put him on a deal like Crosby. His salary is cut in half, but he can earn it all back based on passes defended and tackles with bonuses for INTs and FFs.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Used to be one of his biggest fans and after the 2010 season was for sure he would be the next great shutdown corner. He played alot better the last couple of games after a rough start..with him it's mental because the plamaking ability is clearly there. He's making to much money to be the third best corner on the team.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that you can call him the third best when you put all of the factors together, and being on the field is one of the factors. Shields and Hayward can't stay healthy. You're right though, he's third in line as far as talent or maybe even with Shields.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A restructured Tramon Williams would be fantastic. Better yet, they should put him on a deal like Crosby. His salary is cut in half, but he can earn it all back based on passes defended and tackles with bonuses for INTs and FFs.

I don't think I would give him bonuses for passes defended. It could affect his judgment and might cause him to go after some passes when he should be focusing on the tackle.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I am on the fence about tramon. One one hand he did step it up a notch, but it was NOT for the 2nd half of the season...it was more like the last 6 games or so. Could that have been from knowing his job may have been in jeopardy? Either way, his pros do not out weigh his cons.

1. He takes plays off
2. He can't tackle for crap
3. He gets WAY to many penalties called on him
4. He gets burned A LOT, and when he does, it's for a big gainer normally
5. He aint getting any younger.... bet he loses another step this off season

All that does not add up to him making big time/big play cash. If we keep him around, it should be for a big pay cut considering his pros and cons. He just looks so lack luster 75% of the time and that remaining 25% just don't cut it in my book.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just going to say....the way he played the last 6 games compared to the last 3 years, he should be taking a huge cut in pay. This smells like a money player, and then lay an egg once the cash is in the bank. If they are foolish enough to overpay him, he will return to the old tramon.

Members online

Latest posts