Tramon Williams underrated?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to see what Tramon Williams' salary is for next year on Rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4327/tramon-williams

I was stunned to see that Pro Football Focus currently grades him out as the NFL's 15th best corner. Either I need to stop paying attention to PFF, or I have not given Tramon nearly enough credit for his contributions this year.

It doesn't take away from the overall frustrations and questions about the defense, however, when you see players individually rated high like that.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the PFF article itself, but I'm guessing PFF doesn't take into account two things.

1. Tramon Williams has benefited from Sam Shields shutdown play across the field from him on #1's without requiring a lot of help they can then redirect to Tramon. Forget Calvin Johnson, he'll be the second best WR of all-time.

2. Penalties. I agree you haven't heard Williams name much when it comes to being burned in coverage, but we've heard it elsewhere. I believe he leads all CB's with penalties this year and he's got 5 on third down.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ummm.....yeah....who the hell is doing those ratings? Stevie wonder and Ray charles? Because they must be blind if they can see the same eye test I have watched on Sundays.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was stunned to see that Pro Football Focus currently grades him out as the NFL's 15th best corner. Either I need to stop paying attention to PFF, or I have not given Tramon nearly enough credit for his contributions this year.
I usually like PFF stuff, but I just can't see this. In my rankings, Tramon is the 15th best corner on the Packers. He is one spot ahead of Raji and just behind LS Goode.

Members online

Latest posts