Tramon Williams Shoulder/arm Injury

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody hear anything about it yet? I searched the forums thinking this would have its own thread but I didn't see anything. So any news yet about it guys? It looked like it could have been fairly severe.

Edit: apologize for misspelling shoulder, can't seem to edit title.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is No news from him/team. Wouldn't expect anything until McCarthy's press conference this afternoon if even then. hoping to hear its a sprain or something. The area of the injury brings some concern a broken elbow/shoulder or a tear to the rotator cuff are all season ending injuries and personally i dont even want to think about seeing Jarret Bush and Pat lee out there every game. That being said a broken bone is an easy diagnosis and they would have had him off the field x rayed and at least in a sling by the end of the game, He wasn't he was in obvious pain on the side line but was not in a cast sling or anything which i hope is a good sign for us.

OP
OP
P

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya Kevin Seifert stated though that after the game in the locker room the pain had not yet subsided. I'm hoping it isn't a tear of some kind.

JASIII

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked like that shot to the shoulder he took from Collins' helmet is what did it. Got to be badly bruised at the very least.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cornerback Tramon Williams' shoulder injury could be troublesome. When I got to the locker room, he was sitting at his locker, still in his pants and not moving much at all. I asked him how he's doing and all he said was, "I'm good." We'll know more tomorrow, but it's obvious the guy was in pain. It's too early to assume the injury is serious. Shoulder injuries hurt a lot. If he's out an extended period of time, it will affect the defense, however.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/129513093.html

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It seems to me that the organization is eerily silent about this. I also would have thought there would be a report after the game.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy speaks in 3 hours, I'm guessing that Tramon's injury will be one of the first topics of discussion.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Where are you hearing that it sounds like a wrist injury? Where are you hearing anything? lol
When I watched it I thought it look like he hyperextended it. But on the Packers app on my friends ipoop it says they think it's a wrist injury.

Ars Gratia Artis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as anyone knows, please post here. I don't live in WI and don't get ESPN, so even if the news seems available to everyone, please just post it here so those of us with little access can find out. Thnx

Ars Gratia Artis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good news that it's a bruise. At most it might keep him out a game, just to be cautious. But it might not even keep him out one game. It's probably wait and see. I thought it might be separated or something. Definitely good news.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for keeping him out a game.

Long season. They should be able to beat (dominate) Carolina without him. Also, I'd be a bit scared to risk a shoulder injury to a run-heavy offense like Carolina's. Cornerbacks might have to make a few more tackles this game.

Let him rest up and start preparing for the divisional opener in Chicago for Week 3.

Ars Gratia Artis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is from JSONLINE: "Coach Mike McCarthy said in his day-after press conference that CB Tramon Williams only suffered a bruised shoulder and he has not been ruled out of the game Sept. 18 at Carolina.
McCarthy called the news "positive" that the Williams only suffered a bruise and admitted he felt like the team dodged what could have been much worse news. Williams hurt his shoulder in the fourth quarter of the Packers' season-opening victory over the New Orleans Saints Thursday night at Lambeau Field.
The players have the next two days off and will return to practice on Monday, but Williams won't be re-evaluated until Wednesday so he can have the benefit of five full days of rest. The players don't practice on Tuesday.
McCarthy did not say whether Williams underwent an MRI, but it's likely he did given the certainty with the diagnosis. Williams was knocked out of the game and was in considerable pain while sitting at his locker afterward."
Neal has swelling in his knee and so was kept out of the first game. That guy needs to get healthy. Maybe scope the knee, let him sit for five weeks, then have him play the rest of the year. But if he doesn't get out there he will start getting called a bust.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
isnt house supposed to be active by now? give him a shot for a week see what hes got, let Tramon rest for da burrs.

also, THANK GOD, i was so worried all night.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome news! I could not sleep for most of the night lol. Kept checking this site and others hoping for good news. Like others have said I'd rest him next week and get him ready for the bears.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
whew... I thought he had broken his collar bone honestly. Praying bone bruise isn't coach speak for something worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts