Training camp notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my favorite method for sending a message to a player: Have the GM or HC walk up to the player, look him in the eyes and say, "If you don't play better your *** is outahere!"

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have activated Nick Perry off the PUP list and he´s practicing for the first time today. Morgan Burnett and rookie safety Tanner Miller, who both injured an ankle yesterday, not participating today.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have activated Nick Perry off the PUP list and he´s practicing for the first time today. Morgan Burnett and rookie safety Tanner Miller, who both injured an ankle yesterday, not participating today.

Good to hear about Perry, I hope this guy can stay healthy, he really needs to produce this year.

H

HardRightEdge

Dunne had a funny blog post today: "Nick Perry is back for Green Bay."

As though he might have been back for somebody else.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The defense has lined up with three OLBs during several snaps today at practice with Matthews moving all over the place.

H

HardRightEdge

The defense has lined up with three OLBs during several snaps today at practice with Matthews moving all over the place.

So many elephants, so few snaps.

Training camp is the time for experimentation. "Less scheme" was likely misunderstood. The likely scenario is "more scheme" in the aggregate, less scheme per player via rotations with Matthews being a possible exception.

Capers loves his disguises and confusing looks. Zebras don't change their stripes.

H

HardRightEdge

Here's my favorite method for sending a message to a player: Have the GM or HC walk up to the player, look him in the eyes and say, "If you don't play better your *** is outahere!"
My favorite method is to move a guy from 1st. team snaps to 2nd. team, or 2nd. to 3rd or ST. Actions speak louder than words.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many elephants, so few snaps.

Training camp is the time for experimentation. "Less scheme" was likely misunderstood. The likely scenario is "more scheme" in the aggregate, less scheme per player via rotations with Matthews being a possible exception.

Capers loves his disguises and confusing looks. Zebras don't change their stripes.

I think that the will only use those experimentatal formations during closed practices. At least, that would make sense.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said during his press conference that ILB Joe Thomas has jumped out during practices so far, team obviously needs preseason games for a clean evaluation though.

H

HardRightEdge

McCarthy said during his press conference that ILB Joe Thomas has jumped out during practices so far, team obviously needs preseason games for a clean evaluation though.
Yup. There's no substitute for game play in the evaluation process.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like this lineup and have been hoping for it for years. The 2-5 allows the team to basically run a base Defense but with more coverage capability than the 3-4 and more run stopping pass rushing ability than the 24. With Peppers you can basically slide him inside and use him like a 34 DE if you need to or just let him rush with his head up depending on the situation. Matthews is a very good pass rusher, but him in an LT type role and I suspect that he'll really blow up this year(if he stays healthy).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Jared Abbrederis and Corey Linsley aren´t practicing today.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

This is really exciting. I was so excited when he was picked up as a UDFA. Can't wait to see him play as his production in college was unreal. Other then being a tad undersized he has all the "physical tools"

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Have heard very little about Clinton-Dix's performance in TC so far either good or bad. It makes me wonder.

He has mostly practiced with the #2 defense (aside of yesterday when Burnett was out). Had some nice plays vs. the run so far and nearly made an INT on a tipped pass.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Abbrederis has knee injury, Linsley a shoulder injury. No information on severity so far.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

There are rumours out there that Abbrederis has suffered a torn ACL.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Jeff Janis mystery illness was shingles, he expects to be back on Monday.