Training camp notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

I would like to create a thread about notes from camp that aren't important enough to start an own thread about it. So here we go.

Jamari Lattimore is out of practice today along with the five guys not being able to participate yesterday

T.J. Lang still limited with a shoulder injury.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to ESPN

Jordy went out and looked like Jordy

Heyward made some excellent plays

Clinton-Dix practiced with the 2nd team

Clay lined up all over the field including sometimes stacked with Peppers which is going to cause problem for any O-Line

Colt dropped some passes

Neal and Perry (grrrr) on the pup

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Bostick apparently gets many reps with the first team

- Banjo is the other second team safety next to Clinton-Dix
> I would have expected Sean Richardson to be on the second team.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Lattimore has stomach illness (probably ate at Favre's steak house), should be back soon

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to ESPN

Jordy went out and looked like Jordy

Heyward made some excellent plays

Clinton-Dix practiced with the 2nd team

Clay lined up all over the field including sometimes stacked with Peppers which is going to cause problem for any O-Line

Colt dropped some passes

Neal and Perry (grrrr) on the pup
Clay and Peppers stacked??? I didnt even think of that......Deadly with a motivated Raji tearing up the middle. Daniels and Jones could be devistating in their own right.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
On ESPN radio yesterday they talked about every NFL team and when it was the Packers' turn, Demovsky said Clay lined up inside as much as outside.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On ESPN radio yesterday they talked about every NFL team and when it was the Packers' turn, Demovsky said Clay lined up inside as much as outside.
Oh dang.......Clay playing Middle, covering sideline to sideline... Letting the Larger beasts like Peppers, Neal, Perry and Mulumba bring the power from the outside... Clay could blitz through any weak looking gap, and gather 150+ tackles without trying.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I hope this doesn't turn Matthews into a good linebacker instead of a great one. He seemed to be pretty good on the outside. But maybe "outside linebacker" or "inside linebacker" has been replaced simply by "linebacker" since they saw no need to replace Kevin Greene with another outside linebackers coach, instead moving the quality control coach to help out Moss with all linebackers. I understand the reason you have "utility players" that can play multiple positions when the need arises, but it seems to me there's a reason players become great at a single position. Or maybe MM and Capers are simply trying to confuse everyone. I'll admit I'm confused.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most saw Von Miller as an ideal 3-4 OLB when he was coming out of the draft. He seems to have done pretty well for himself as a 4-3 OLB, which I'm guessing would be similar to Matthews role if indeed he does play ILB as much as he does OLB this year. So I'm not willing to discount it as a poor move.

Last edited:

NYJetsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all - Jets fan here (obviously). I signed up to ask about Clinton-Dix in training camp. As you may know the Jets drafted Pryor. He sustained a concussion on Saturday playing special teams and it was said that he was the personal punt protector when it happened. Later the punt protector part turned out to be false, but there were Jets fans on our forum who were arguing that this was normal for a first round safety to be put in that position in training camp and someone even suggested that Clinton-Dix probably was too.

Sooo here I am to ask you guys - if any of you have been attending practices. What kind of special teams work, if any, has Clinton-Dix been involved in.

Thanks!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I know, if you are a rookie your are on special teams....somewhere trying to validate your selection and find a way onto the field. Specifically to your question, I haven't been to training camp so I don't know who has been doing what.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Jamari Lattimore is back at practice. Mike Neal has his helmet on and is stretching with the team, CBA doesn´t allow him to practice in pads today.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

#1 kickoff coverage team consists of Bush, Shields, R Taylor, Lattimore, Palmer, Banjo, Richardson, House, Harris, Hayward and Crosby.

It´s interesting that there´s not a single rookie on it at the moment.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It´s possible Morgan Burnett has suffered an injury during today´s practice, Hyde and Clinton-Dix mostly lined up at safety with the #1 defense in team drills, Burnett wasn´t in with the second unit either.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It´s possible Morgan Burnett has suffered an injury during today´s practice, Hyde and Clinton-Dix mostly lined up at safety with the #1 defense in team drills, Burnett wasn´t in with the second unit either.

Or they're sending a message to him to get his head out of his ***

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

First punt coverage unit consists of House, Bush as gunners with Palmer, Lattimore, Goode, Masthay, Brad Jones, Bostick, Clinton-Dix, Hyde and Starks rounding out the unit.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can still accomplish that with how long you make a player ride the pine until they are "cleared" to practice again. Messages can be sent in many ways

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have added another WR to their roster, claiming Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from the Ravens.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
#1 kickoff coverage team consists of Bush, Shields, R Taylor, Lattimore, Palmer, Banjo, Richardson, House, Harris, Hayward and Crosby.

It´s interesting that there´s not a single rookie on it at the moment.

That is interesting, usually the way to the Packers is special teams, and judging by how many receivers we currently have, you figure that is how you make it on the team.

Members online

Latest posts