Trading for a RB?

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say the run game is still non-existent come Week 8, and Ted Thompson is forced to trade for a RB. If this happens, what 2 players/draft picks would you be willing to give up for a RB that could come in and average about 75 ypg?

I would give up a 5th rounder and maybe one of our DT. How about you?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sounds like DeAngelo Hall could be available. We could always use another DB :)

Oh, this is about RB. We didn't go for one in the off-season, I doubt we try now.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we just had a 100+ yard rushing game.... the running game isnt non-existent. oh yeah it was against the bears who have a great run defense.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
we just had a 100+ yard rushing game.... the running game isnt non-existent. oh yeah it was against the bears who have a great run defense.

The Bears have the 27th ranked rushing defense.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

The Bears have the 27th ranked rushing defense.

LOL, great point. There are several guys I wouldn't mind shipping away for a RB.

Damn near any O-Lineman on our roster I could live without besides Wells and Tauscher. One of our DT's would be ok as well

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Take away that fluke 40 yd run in the first quarter and you don't...

Reaction score
Er Favreforever721, would you mind stating what you are trying to accomplish with this thread?

Because right now I really don't see a purpose. If I still can't find one, then I'll lock this thread.

Are you wondering the value of a decent RB? Perhaps wondering if the Packers have a decent RB? Wondering what would be done in a worst case scenario of no RB emerging?

Please do clarify the purpose of this thread.

hubbabubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends who the RB was. If it is someone who is not mid-upper level, than I don't think we need him (or her).

And I think we should try to sign Pacman Jones as our RB.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any really good RB would cost too much right now. Both Morency and (at times) the OL seem to be improving. That's our best hope. I had lobbied for Turner around draft time but TT was enamored with Jackson apparently. Surprisingly, at least to me, Wynn could be a real help if he would make up his mind whether to fish or cut bait. Our real hope, IMO, is the future, when a lot of our rookies/1st yr guys come of age. Jones and Jennings will someday be pro-bowlers, mark my words. We're about a year away.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Er Favreforever721, would you mind stating what you are trying to accomplish with this thread?

Because right now I really don't see a purpose. If I still can't find one, then I'll lock this thread.

Are you wondering the value of a decent RB? Perhaps wondering if the Packers have a decent RB? Wondering what would be done in a worst case scenario of no RB emerging?

Please do clarify the purpose of this thread.

Isnt the purpose of the thread "Trading for a RB?"

At least thats what i thought it was

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Any really good RB would cost too much right now. Both Morency and (at times) the OL seem to be improving. That's our best hope. I had lobbied for Turner around draft time but TT was enamored with Jackson apparently. Surprisingly, at least to me, Wynn could be a real help if he would make up his mind whether to fish or cut bait. Our real hope, IMO, is the future, when a lot of our rookies/1st yr guys come of age. Jones and Jennings will someday be pro-bowlers, mark my words. We're about a year away.

SD wanted a 1st and a 3rd for Turner...Every report I seen said it was WAYYYYYy to much

Heck Moss was what a 4th?

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tatum bell is available. he has zone blocking experience. i highly doubt the lions would trade with their division though...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tatum bell is available. he has zone blocking experience. i highly doubt the lions would trade with their division though...

Where was this said? I think he's on the Lions and I doubt the Lions would trade Bell to someone in their division.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting that Adrian Peterson guy. :beer:

Seriously though, I can't think of someone on our team that is quality enough that I would want to give up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I would love Peterson but we aint going to get him why does everyone hate Wynn? i think he is a great asset am I the only one who thinks that?

Seems like he doesn't have a great work ethic. He's out there for one series and he has to run to the trainer afterward because he's exhausted. That's a little bit of a concern for me.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I would love Peterson but we aint going to get him why does everyone hate Wynn? i think he is a great asset am I the only one who thinks that?

Seems like he doesn't have a great work ethic. He's out there for one series and he has to run to the trainer afterward because he's exhausted. That's a little bit of a concern for me.

Thats a worry for such a young person will he be in the NFL in 10 years?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

He won't if he doesn't learn how to play a full game. He has talent, but needs to show up for all 4 quarters.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
porky88 said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

He won't if he doesn't learn how to play a full game. He has talent, but needs to show up for all 4 quarters.

Keep in mind, Wynn played at Florida where it's humid year round. You would think he would've been one of the players ready and use to the hot weather Sunday Night.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:
porky88 said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Keep in mind, Wynn played at Florida where it's humid year round. You would think he would've been one of the players ready and use to the hot weather Sunday Night.
The humidity in Florida is no where near as bad as it is in Green Bay, WI. My room mate has lived in both FL and WI. Many others have said the same thing who've lived in both FL and WI.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bears run defense is ranked 27th because no one is trying to run on them, they don't have to. the bear still have a good rushing D and our 40 yarder was not a fluke. If it were any other ball carrier, it would have been a TD as well.

I wouldn't trade anyone for anything. Maybe K-rob, but I'd have to see who we'd get.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts