3. Bills
4. Dolphins
5. Bengals
6. Panthers
7. Vikings
8. 49ers
9. Titans
10. Redskins

Some of this is just assuming things, like Palmer wont be playing for the Bengals next season like he says. Also assuming the redskins will dump McNabb. I think you could add several teams to this list but I didnt want to overdo it.

So the question is what REALISTIC straight up trade would you like to see with each of these teams? Realistic is Flynn for Josh Cribbs. Not realistic is Flynn for Adrian Peterson.

And yes yes the lockout prevents teams from trading but lets just assume something happens and the packers have a chance to do some trades in July or whenever.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Flynn for Josh Cribbs is even realistic.

Bills have a QB in Fitzpatrick. We'd never trade a high potential player to a rival (Vikings).

I'd like to see us trade him for a OLineman, DB, or OLB.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Flynn gets traded, with Rodgers concussion history, but if he were to be traded I would expect a 1st rounder for him.

We would not get a 1st rounder for him, after one game where he shredded a very young defense and couldn't get the job done at the end.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Flynn is worthy of a first round pick, not yet at least, he has had some good games where he had to come in but he's still not that hot commodity QB. Maybe a late 2nd round or third round pick is what we could get for him. I would love to see Cribbs but a straight up deal would never happen.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Depends on Flynn's contract status, etc. He's a good backup, and that is worthwhile if you can keep him. There may be a team desperate enough to give up a lot for him, though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt put the browns on the list but only used cribbs as an example. I am surprised most of you dont feel Cribbs for Flynn is realistic. Can you explain why you feel Flynn for Cribbs wouldnt be realistic? (besides the fact that the browns have something I think they will stick with at QB for now)

Cribbs had 7 fumbles this season and didnt return a single kick I believe.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would not get a 1st rounder for him, after one game where he shredded a very young defense and couldn't get the job done at the end.

really? the dude pretty much beat the #1 team in the AFC and should have it wasn't for the screw up on Special Teams and the last 30 seconds.

IF a CBA is done before the Draft than we'll see Flynn get traded, him and Our first to move up in the draft would be nice, but I would also take a high second round pick for him as well. But w/e we could get is worth it for a 7th round pick.

Flynn is in the last year of his contract, and unless the CBA completely changes how current guys under 3 years in the league contracts than he'll gone next year. Might as well get something for him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schaub went to houston for 2 2nd round picks and swapped 1st round picks. And the only game he started I believe was against NE where he played very well but they still lost.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really? the dude pretty much beat the #1 team in the AFC and should have it wasn't for the screw up on Special Teams and the last 30 seconds.

IF a CBA is done before the Draft than we'll see Flynn get traded, him and Our first to move up in the draft would be nice, but I would also take a high second round pick for him as well. But w/e we could get is worth it for a 7th round pick.

Flynn is in the last year of his contract, and unless the CBA completely changes how current guys under 3 years in the league contracts than he'll gone next year. Might as well get something for him.

No idea where I heard this but someone said in order for the draft to happen they will lift the lock out for those 3 days. Does that mean trades can happen?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn is a backup with very minimal experience so the Packers would not get much in return for him.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea where I heard this but someone said in order for the draft to happen they will lift the lock out for those 3 days. Does that mean trades can happen?

no, Draft happens regardless, guys just can't sign contracts, guys can't be traded but draft picks can be

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score

The only arguments I can really make about Flynn are:

1. The Pats D pretty much sucked all year, and only were able to be really good when the Pats Offense was up a few scores. Young, inexperienced rookies - and it showed in the post-season. Did Flynn look good against them? Certainly. But does one good game equal him being a good NFL starting QB? I'd say there is a lack of evidence to say yes or no.

2. Lack of game film - There wasn't a lot of film of Flynn in the NFL for opposing coaches to game plan with, so he was an "unknown quantity". Hard to defend against a guy that you have no real idea about. He would have looked pretty good against most teams starting his first NFL game. Had he started again the following week, he may have looked worse, as an opposing team could game plan for him.

3. Green Bay's offensive weapons are not something that every team has. :)

Anyway, I'm not cutting down Matt Flynn, for the record. I just think that really, the jury is still out on whether his success in one game against New England is enough evidence to say he'd make a good starting QB somewhere. He may, or he may not.

If he ends up on a team with a bad o-line, or bad receivers, no running game, etc, he could fail - and fail spectacularly.

We just don't know yet. Just something to think about :)

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only arguments I can really make about Flynn are:

1. The Pats D pretty much sucked all year, and only were able to be really good when the Pats Offense was up a few scores. Young, inexperienced rookies - and it showed in the post-season. Did Flynn look good against them? Certainly. But does one good game equal him being a good NFL starting QB? I'd say there is a lack of evidence to say yes or no.

2. Lack of game film - There wasn't a lot of film of Flynn in the NFL for opposing coaches to game plan with, so he was an "unknown quantity". Hard to defend against a guy that you have no real idea about. He would have looked pretty good against most teams starting his first NFL game. Had he started again the following week, he may have looked worse, as an opposing team could game plan for him.

3. Green Bay's offensive weapons are not something that every team has. :)

Anyway, I'm not cutting down Matt Flynn, for the record. I just think that really, the jury is still out on whether his success in one game against New England is enough evidence to say he'd make a good starting QB somewhere. He may, or he may not.

If he ends up on a team with a bad o-line, or bad receivers, no running game, etc, he could fail - and fail spectacularly.

We just don't know yet. Just something to think about :)

I agree with you, however that doesn't mean that some team will and wont offer something insanely retarded NOT to trade him for. We only guess what GM's will give up for a guy (Vikings, Saints, Texan's)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not only Schaub, but Hassellbeck, Pederson, Bono, Burnell and Brooks

yeah but then you get some poster that says "BUT THAT WAS 15 YEARS AGO!!!" or something stupid like that.

seriously, if everyone is as high on flynn as they make it sound (someone calling him the best backup in the league) then nothing should come as a surprise.

I mean last year Seattle traded down 20 spots in the 2nd round for a guy that never threw an nfl pass

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I agree with you, however that doesn't mean that some team will and wont offer something insanely retarded NOT to trade him for. We only guess what GM's will give up for a guy (Vikings, Saints, Texan's)

Yeah, like I mentioned previously, some team out there may be desperate enough to give up a lot for him, even if he really is an unknown quantity. :)

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but then you get some poster that says "BUT THAT WAS 15 YEARS AGO!!!" or something stupid like that.

seriously, if everyone is as high on flynn as they make it sound (someone calling him the best backup in the league) then nothing should come as a surprise.

I mean last year Seattle traded down 20 spots in the 2nd round for a guy that never threw an nfl pass

yep,
NFP Sunday Blitz | National Football Post
Pompei suggests that the Packers could get a 2nd for him.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, like I mentioned previously, some team out there may be desperate enough to give up a lot for him, even if he really is an unknown quantity. :)

plus someone else did all the developing for them, it's an investment. just wish that Brohm had turned out better, imagine what we could have gotten for him if he had been better

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
plus someone else did all the developing for them, it's an investment. just wish that Brohm had turned out better, imagine what we could have gotten for him if he had been better

Yeah, that helps too :)

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again back to the matt schaub trade where he started one game in which he lost against NE.

Schaub was a thrid round pick with a lot of upside.

Flynn was a seventh round pick and only one QB was drafted lower than him.

Big difference in how NFL teams view the two players and their talent.

There is no way Flynn compares to Schaub when it comes to passing skills or overal ability.

Just because Schaub had a higher price tag in a trade doesn't mean Flynn should or could get the same.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
tough call...I'd rather move up actually, and if there isn't someone there we want, trade back down for more picks :D

But I would take either one of the top OL, CB or WR at that spot

Should be a good draft class as far as CBs are concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts