TRADE idea !!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett comes back commits for two years (finishes contract)

Packers Get
  • Jason Taylor

Dolphins Get
  • Aaron Rodgers

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TRADE!!

lol, what a poor trade for the packers that would have been..

Reaction score
Not sure why the Dolphins would take Rodgers given that they have John Beck and Chad Henne on the roster.

It's a pretty one sided trade, a pro bowler for a QB that has yet to prove anything. Won't happen, Parcells isn't that stupid.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers trade value is quite low, hes not even in Matt Schaub territory yet.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Not sure why the Dolphins would take Rodgers given that they have John Beck and Chad Henne on the roster.

It's a pretty one sided trade, a pro bowler for a QB that has yet to prove anything. Won't happen, Parcells isn't that stupid.

are you serious. they would jump at the chance to get Rodgers. especially when all they lose is a guy who wants to play one more year and retire. a guy that has been a locker room problem for them and a guy who doesn't get along so well with Parcells.

If that trade came up... they would accept it in a minute. If that trade came up I would throw up on myself repeatedly. Thats throwing away potential and all 3 years of grooming and investing for one year with Jason "Hollywood" Taylor.

Worst trade ever.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I think you just answered why they would do it. Beck was horrible and Henne is a rookie.

I love A-Rod, but if we had a two year commitment from Brett and Jason Taylor, I would make this deal to give us two shots at making the super bowl. And if that didn't work, we'd have Brohm ready to go in 2010.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Is it really that low?

Look at the history of QB's that have backed up Favre over the years.. most went on to have very solid and productive careers.. a mirror image of Rodgers is Hasselbeck.. studied under Favre, solid overall, smart and has a little cockiness to them.. think teams won't trade for a Hasselbeck in the making?

It is a pointless debate at this very point, cuz Rodgers isn't going anywhere.. but I think a few teams would offer a pretty fair price for Rodgers.. that is if he where being shopped.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree, and there are people here saying that he should start over a first ballot hall of famer that put up over 4000 yards last year. Some people just are that bright.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

Is it really that low?

Look at the history of QB's that have backed up Favre over the years.. most went on to have very solid and productive careers.. a mirror image of Rodgers is Hasselbeck.. studied under Favre, solid overall, smart and has a little cockiness to them.. think teams won't trade for a Hasselbeck in the making?

It is a pointless debate at this very point, cuz Rodgers isn't going anywhere.. but I think a few teams would offer a pretty fair price for Rodgers.. that is if he where being shopped.

I have to agree. Rodgers is considered the second best QB in the NFC North without ever even starting. There are several teams in both conferences who have issues at QB right now, who would be happy to pick up Rodgers. I don't know if he would be worth Taylor, but he would be worth something...

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

I agree, and there are people here saying that he should start over a first ballot hall of famer that put up over 4000 yards last year. Some people just are that bright.

Said future HoFer shouldn't even be considering coming back. He is f-ing the Packers by being selfish.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

This is quite an obtuse observation that is easy to rely on. There are simply more factors than just the previous achievements of Favre vs Rodgers. You need to consider the long term ramifications also. How long would Favre be willing to play for the Packers? And what if the team is no longer a superbowl contender? Is Favre just going to leave the Packers in the dark because he only wants to play on a winner? What about the building of rapport between Rodgers and his teammates, and how bringing back Favre will cause a rift between those wanting Rodgers and those wanting Favre. Not to mention the effects on PR and the cost of $12.8 million guaranteed on the salary cap, and the loss of a roster spot.

You simply can't say Favre is clearly the better option because currently he's the better QB. If that's how you run NFL franchises you'd never replace any players because you'd never take a chance on the young guy simply because he hasn't had the chance to play (and hence never will).

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers Get
  • Jason Taylor

Dolphins Get
  • Aaron Rodgers

Hmm....

Tough call. I really like Aaron and would like to see him as a Packer for 10 years, but Brett playing two more years makes me drool.

I strongly disagree with the others that Aaron's trade value is low. I think other coaches realize he has potential. A lot of offensive minded coaches drool at the idea of having a QB with potential. Keep in mind, there are several teams that are missing the Playoffs because of a bad QB situation. Aaron's an upgrade over a lot of QBs. Coaches have their scouts too, and those scouts are looking at #2 QBs all the time.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers Get
  • Jason Taylor

Dolphins Get
  • Aaron Rodgers

One problem in the deal is neither Favre or Taylor would commit too more than one season. Favre hasn’t said he’d play more than one year in quite along time. Taylor, I think would if Favre is around and the team is good but that’s just speculation.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: TRADE!!

I think Brett Favre for Jason Taylor would be a better deal...

That would make sense to me but it would have to be a little more coming from the Dolphins.

Members online

Latest posts