Toughest Super Bowl Opponent

Who would be the toughest matchup for us in Super Bowl XLVI

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know most people here think we're perfect and can't be beaten, but which Super Bowl possible opponent would be the toughest matchup for us?

Realize that they'd be hot to make it that far.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If a team is going to beat the Packers they need to be able to keep up on offense and they can't turn the ball over. Tom Brady and the Patriots fit that description better than any other AFC team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I also voted T-blow because he would have had to beat some really good defenses to get there. Capers would have two weeks to attack as opposed to the one week everyone else had.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I should have voted Tebow. I disrespected the GOAT.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a team is going to beat the Packers they need to be able to keep up on offense and they can't turn the ball over. Tom Brady and the Patriots fit that description better than any other AFC team.
I hate New England, think they've been overrated for 7 years, but I agree with that assessment.
But I chose Pittsburgh.

People forget that even though we out-turnovered them 3-0 in XLV (teams win 65% when +1, 85% when +2, and 97% when +3), we still barely beat them. In fact, many Packer fans expected Big Ben to lead that final drive to another come-from-behind Super Bowl win for him (like vs Arizona), and another one over us as he did the year before.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Most defiantly he Pat's. It is my dream match up. I want to see the young stud fighting the old buck for dominance of the heard. I think we know who wins.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Still tough to say for me. I see the AFC change up a lot and if you are Houston your QB changes now on a weekly basis.
The Ravens have to also show me they can beat the crud teams and not just the winning teams (beating the Steelers twice/Niners/Bengals is not to shabby though so far). The Pats have a little league schedule at times IMO to pad their stats and have not really beaten anyone that great to me this year IMO.I think the best team they beat is the Cowboys so far? Raiders without Palmer?

Steelers? Still don't know. But, a rematch would be interesting......

There should be an option for "The Packers would beat anyone in the AFC since the AFC is so mediocre that Tebow is the biggest story."
Wait and see approach still with the AFC for me.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
As much as I am banking on Baltimore making the Super Bowl this season, I just can't pick them on this. Their offense is too inconsistent, and while their defense probably could slow Rodgers down, I don't think they could completely shut him down.

I'm taking New England
They have a terrible, terrible defense, one of the worst in the league, but they have the fire power to keep up with us in shoot outs like the Saints do. If there is two teams that possess a threat to the Pack that ain't on the schedule it's New England and New Orleans. The Patriots would definitely give us a run for the money in a shoot out, with both defenses giving up over 500 yards.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England. Would not be a bigger stage. And we got 4 Tebow voters. Seriously guys... who created 4 accounts?

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woah ...........slow down folks ........... let's not tempt fate. Whilst I'm just about prepared to accept that the play-offs are guaranteed, we'll have 2 pretty tough games to win before any SB appearance .............. let's get there first.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots.
I hope they don't get there.
I'm more nervous about them cheating, again, then I am about how good they are.
If the Pack goes 18-0 how can they not be tempted to cheat to ruin what should have been they're perfect season?
Really, I still can't believe it that Bellacheat not only gets to keep his job but he is also on the NFL rules committee as rumor has it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Woah ...........slow down folks ........... let's not tempt fate. Whilst I'm just about prepared to accept that the play-offs are guaranteed, we'll have 2 pretty tough games to win before any SB appearance .............. let's get there first.
You are right, it is. And honestly the AFC can be confusing. I would not bet on any one team making it in.

Personally for me I would LOVE to see Rodgers shred up a top defense either in the SB or in the NFC playoffs. Like he did with the Steelers last year in the SB but this time even worse.....even MORE of a clinic.

I am a big fan of seeing strength vs. strength from a pure football standpoint and in this case a dominant offense vs. a dominant defense would tickle my fancy very much.

Colts fans always look at me weird when I say my personal favorite all time Colts playoff game is Colts at Baltimore in early 2007. Was it just a FG game? Yes. But, it was a hardcore physical game with strength (their D) vs. our strength (our O).

I also still maintain the Packers D is not as bad as fans think it is and that it will hold teams to more FGs then they believe right now in the playoffs. I thought what they showed defensively in Detroit and Atlanta this year was impressive. Those are not easy offenses to always handle on the road in those environments.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did Tebow get on the list?
He's 5-1 as a starter, which is the best W-L percentage of any starting QB this year other than our guy.
And he's won road games at every divisional opponent this season in his 6 starts.
Their defense is great. The running game solid, and they are clutch late in games?

"How did Tebow get 5 votes" is the question you meant to ask? :)

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
He's 5-1 as a starter, which is the best W-L percentage of any starting QB this year other than our guy.
And he's won road games at every divisional opponent this season in his 6 starts.
Their defense is great. The running game solid, and they are clutch late in games?

"How did Tebow get 5 votes" is the question you meant to ask? :)

I'm assuming the people that did vote for him were being facetious.

Members online

Latest posts