Toughest game after the bye?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What will our toughest game after the bye be and why? I can see arguments for @NYG @ Detroit @SD and vs Chi

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vs. MN, @ Detroit, @ SD and Vs. Chi

Not sure of the Giants yet. The entire NFC East is in shambles. Not sure if they will stop our offense. I threw in the Vikings because division rivalries always seem to cause chaos. I feel much more confident with the game being at Lambeau but it's still something we need to keep an eye on. Ponder. By the time we play them, we should have a lot more film on Ponder so we may do better with them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Detroit at Detroit on Thanksgiving day. I don't know why but the Packers always seem to have trouble with the Lions even when the Lions suck.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like @SD only bc of Rivers. He will be the toughest QB we face this season and with questions in our secondary I feel like he can keep up with Aaron.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like @SD only bc of Rivers. He will be the toughest QB we face this season and with questions in our secondary I feel like he can keep up with Aaron.

Yeah, I'd actually be more worried over SD (Rivers) at this point than the Lions. The Lions may be on a downward spiral, but I think we still may have a time with them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Detroit at Detroit on Thanksgiving day. I don't know why but the Packers always seem to have trouble with the Lions even when the Lions suck.

I had them losing to them the Chargers and Atlanta..13-3

Right now I say Lions on turkey day

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
San Diego's passing game is screwed up. There is no way Rivers is going to give us trouble like Brees did, or better yet Cam Newton.

Go look at his stats...

Divisional games are the only thing I am worried about. Seriously, those can always go either way.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Diego's passing game is screwed up. There is no way Rivers is going to give us trouble like Brees did, or better yet Cam Newton.

Go look at his stats...

Divisional games are the only thing I am worried about. Seriously, those can always go either way.

I would be shocked if he didnt throw for 300 yards. Our passing defense is screwed up, go look at the stats.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11/14 Vikes - No problem since they will have had 7/8 days to rest and prepare from the SD game. And it's at home.
11/20 Battle of the Bays. (Bucs) This is where I start to get worried since it's a shorter week.
11/24 Lions at Detroit - Only 3-4 days to get ready.

2 games with time decreasing between them.
These are the games I think will be the toughest for them.
It will disrupt their regular practice schedule and rhythm.
And I won't be surprised if there could be a few more injuries as a result of these games.
I wish they wouldn't be playing the Lions on Thanksgiving day.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first game after the bye.

1 game at a time. Can't worry about 2 weeks into the future without taking care of the business at hand.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
What will our toughest game after the bye be and why? I can see arguments for @NYG @ Detroit @SD and vs Chi

I think it will be the Lions in Ford Field, the Packers have seemed to have a lot of problems in Ford Field against the Lions even when they have crappy records. Take last season for example we lost to the Lions and no one saw that coming, Now that the Lions are doing well you never know the Packers could blow them out, or they could lose you never really know with these Lions games, especially when we are going to play in Ford Field I never like playing in the Lions stadium it makes me nervous, I know I will be taking a sigh of relief if we are able to beat the Lions on thanksgiving it will be a great addition to the amazing food I will be eating :) the sooner the Packers win the division the sooner I can stop holding my breath every Sunday. GO PACK GO!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be surprised if he don't throw an interception when he's throwing them more than TD's so far this year.
Yeah.
I really don't see anything to worry about for the Bolts game.
Coming off a well prepared and rested bye. Gives key guys a chance to get healthy.
Pack has a great record playing first game after bye and a great record against SD.
Could be plenty of Packers fans in the stands.
And teams that have better pass rush D has yet to stop the Pack while the Pack with a low ranked pass rush is able to beat the other teams. Proving that stats and paper don't amount to a hill of beans.

The only way the Packers will lose is if they beat themselves.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...

If the Packers continue to play mistake-free football and create at least 1 turnover a game, then they will win every time. No matter who the opponent is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...

If the Packers continue to play mistake-free football and create at least 1 turnover a game, then they will win every time. No matter who the opponent is.
And as others have pointed out, we have a perfect record setting kicker.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully our toughest game after the bye will be our Super Bowl win over whoever the AFC opponent turns out to be.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully our toughest game after the bye will be our Super Bowl win over whoever the AFC opponent turns out to be.

Either that or when we hit the playoffs. NFC Championship game. Our schedule is easy for the most part, I don't see anybody giving us any real threat until the playoffs. The Lions and Chargers may give us something to think about but not nearly as much as a playoff team might.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
going over the schedule, I would like to change my choice I think 12/11 vs. Oakland will be TOUGH. With the freezing weather in Green Bay both teams will play smash mouth football and the Raiders CAN POUND THE ROCK, with the best of them. GB will have to grind it out and hopefully win 10-7.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
going over the schedule, I would like to change my choice I think 12/11 vs. Oakland will be TOUGH. With the freezing weather in Green Bay both teams will play smash mouth football and the Raiders CAN POUND THE ROCK, with the best of them. GB will have to grind it out and hopefully win 10-7.
Just win baby.

Members online

Latest posts