Tori Gurley to be activated soon

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the risk of looking stupid 5 minutes from now, I don't think he'll get activated.

I think there was a strong possibility of it happening, but with Jennings' injury not being severe, I think they'll keep the current personel (5 WRs) and wait till the playoffs.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the risk of looking stupid 5 minutes from now, I don't think he'll get activated.

I think there was a strong possibility of it happening, but with Jennings' injury not being severe, I think they'll keep the current personel (5 WRs) and wait till the playoffs.

we only have 4 receivers currently, driver, jones, jordy and cobb who can play in the next game. Is jennings still on the active roster? I thought you could replace injured players with other players, even if they are not on IR. This would make sense because of drivers age and cobb's inexperience.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think they are
we only have 4 receivers currently, driver, jones, jordy and cobb who can play in the next game. Is jennings still on the active roster? I thought you could replace injured players with other players, even if they are not on IR. This would make sense because of drivers age and cobb's inexperience.

I've heard that they are going to activate Gurley and put So'oto on IR because he's constantly being plagued with back injuries. Plus we already have some solid depth at OLB as it is with Jones and Zombo.

I'm personally all for it. It's been a while since we've had that true deep threat vertical receiver. I don't think he's going to be replacing Jennings by any means. But if he does get activated, it's going to give us some more depth on our receiver rotation while Jenning's is out.

Not sure about secret weapon but from watching some preseason he does have some potential and it will be nice to be able to throw teams a curveball so to speak going into the playoffs. Another weapon that teams are going to have to gameplan for. If he in fact can deliver

D

Dan115

I think they are

I've heard that they are going to activate Gurley and put So'oto on IR because he's constantly being plagued with back injuries. Plus we already have some solid depth at OLB as it is with Jones and Zombo.

I'm personally all for it. It's been a while since we've had that true deep threat vertical receiver. I don't think he's going to be replacing Jennings by any means. But if he does get activated, it's going to give us some more depth on our receiver rotation while Jenning's is out.

Not sure about secret weapon but from watching some preseason he does have some potential and it will be nice to be able to throw teams a curveball so to speak going into the playoffs. Another weapon that teams are going to have to gameplan for. If he in fact can deliver

I hope you are correct. I would like to see Gurley get a chance.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I want it to happen, and you can almost bet he will probably get get a TD in a game, since it seems like some new player gets one every other game. Also this may sound really bad, but activate Gurley as WR and put Cobb in as RB, if Saine can't make it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, can't do that, Jennings is still on the roster.

Like I said, I think they'll get by with just 4 active receivers and use more TE packages in these 3 games.

We need to keep in mind that if they do activate Gurley they need to put another position on IR, and we're thin at several others, particularly at LB. And also, even if he does play ST, he'll have a very different role than a LB.

Will they make all those changes just because Jennings won't play 3 "meaningless" games? Methinks not.

Oh, and So'oto was a full participant in today's practice, so I doubt they'll IR him.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope to see Gurley this year. I am surprised he has stayed on the Packers and hasn't been picked up and signed to another teams's active roster yet. He and Chastin West made the preseason worth watching. Besides his receiving skills he has potential to block punts on special teams.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from SC and also being a fan of the Gamecocks I had the opportunity to see Gurley play many times, needless to say I was pretty ecstatic when Green Bay picked up him last year and kept him on the practice squad. He's another big body possession receiver that will be great for those 3rd and shorts and red zone offense. I say sign him up and lets see what the SC boy can do!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers.com says So'oto returned to practice today.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Being from SC and also being a fan of the Gamecocks I had the opportunity to see Gurley play many times, needless to say I was pretty ecstatic when Green Bay picked up him last year and kept him on the practice squad. He's another big body possession receiver that will be great for those 3rd and shorts and red zone offense. I say sign him up and lets see what the SC boy can do!

Well, the Packers have had outstanding success from the other SC recievers they've had.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts